Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Doc-Holliday-

Delorean Wannabe

Without opening the link, how is this different than the usual AMG SLS, which about a year old now?

EDIT: Oh, electric?

Edited by RG

You're an idiot!

That car is based on this car;

CARS-WITH-GULL-WING-DOORS-1.jpg

Which was around in the 30's-40's, 40 years before John Delorean stuck them silly doors on his drug induced idea of a car!

Edited by Orgcon

drug induced idea of a car!

Sounds like you need to read up on the history of JZD and the DeLorean car a little more.

@Dragon King

Alternate dialogue:

Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a Mercedes?

Edited by Carlos_McFly

The way I see it, if you're going to build a time machine into a car, make it a car that says BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I MAKE FIVE FIGURES MORE THAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, besides, the all aluminum and plastic construction made the flux dispersal...........

Edited by hscitpe

..completely impossible, so we're good to stay right where we are. Now to see where I can get a new dog..

don't forget the delorean was also inspired by the 2007 ford mondeo after jzd looked into the time vortex and said i m going to use tin foil for my car, or maybe the top gear build your own car episode fell through time to jzds house.

doc you built a time machine out of a bike.

yes marty once this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're going to see some serious s**t.

but doc it has pedals?

oh i forgot it uses this saturn 5 rocket to get to 88 mph.

@Dragon King

Alternate dialogue:

Wait a minute, wait a minute, Doc, are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a Mercedes?

That was an idea that they tossed around until they realized that getting a car from the 40's would be uber expensive, not to mention getting three or four of them for filming purposes. :P

No...Tardises are kick ass but Deloreans are also kick ass and cooler!

(forgot to quote luikseer)

Edited by Jay

I saw a really cool car that looked like it wasn't...not influenced by the DeLorean, or the DeLorean was influenced by it, but they both had a lot of design similarities. Same hatchback body shape, similar back window (the slitted black plating over the engine area), Gullwing doors, ect. I do believe it was a Nissan.

Also....

Oh someones been reading the "harder they fall" story...(referring to DeLoreans having similarities to the Mercedes vehicle)

From what I gathered, the DeLorean was heavily based off the Lotus (elite?) of the time period (no pun intended.) Maybe I missed the part about the Mercedes car.

Edited by TWG

Sign in to follow this