Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
BTTFTIME

What makes the The Flux Capacitor Flux?

Like Archer said, proving this to be true will drive you insane. There are too many contradictions already made in the movie to COMPLETELY make a science fiction. For instance, the movie used 2 contradicting theories of time travel at the same time, which is splitting timelines and temporal paradoxes. Any scientist would consider it entirely fictional because of these contradicting theories.

Paradoxes DISPROVE time travel to be possible. If you want time travel, remove paradox out of the equation.

Well, in the case of the 2nd movie, it is my belief that if you blue with the past, but not too horribly, you are given a chance to fix it. In the first movie, he blues up his parent's meeting and fixes it. And in the second movie old Biff changes history and then fades from existence (deleted scene) but because they had the time machine they were given a chance to "put right what once went wrong" as they say in Quantum Leap. You just have to make sure you fix it.

Well, in the case of the 2nd movie, it is my belief that if you blue with the past, but not too horribly, you are given a chance to fix it.

I don't wanna explain it, but, there are some points you're wrong at, as well as the movies themselves. Also I suppose to mention this earlier, but I erased it in my previous post because the whole post is RIDICULOUSLY long (me and my sleeping problems; I hope I don't end up like Dr. House).

Heard of the theory of splitting timelines / multiple universes? This theory is applied in BTTF2, where the timeline split into two when s*** happens. A split timeline is present in BTTF2, so this theory is indeed applied. But this theory contradicts with the paradoxes-do-exist theory, because the splitting timelines theory suggests that you CAN change the past, even though it would risk your own existence like head-shooting your teenage grandfather like an idiot while you remain existing, because the timeline split apart to a second timeline to correspond with the changes without destroying the reason of your grandfather's death, which is your existence itself, by keeping the original timeline where the reason existed or orginated existing. Therefore, paradoxes shouldn't exist when this theory is true.

Ironically (in a scientific way), another point about the BTTF universe, being a time-travel oriented world, is that paradoxes exist. Note that scientifically time travel SHOULDN'T be possible at all if temporal paradoxes exist. Paradoxes are the reason why scientists think twice (until now) if time travel is possible. If they know and prove time travel is possible, paradoxes should be removed from the equation and would be a myth, or rather a ridiculous idea to think about.

lol

but BTTF2 has different timelines and paradox's still

here:

Marty travelled back to 1955 at 01:35 AM on Oct 26 1985. Okay?

He did the BTTF movie stuff (i.e. the stuff in BTTF1) and went back to 1985

When Old Biff came, Timeline 2 still existed but Young Biff had the Almanac in his pocket during the car scene at the dance

When Marty and Doc came from 1985A, they came to rob Biff of it, Biff still had the book in his pocket during the car scene, but it was robbed by other Marty

Marty cross his own timeline from BTTF1

Therefore, BTTF1 is the timeline (Timeline 2), that Old Biff and Other Marty and Other Doc were in in BTTF2

The only reason its a different timeline is because of the result of the journey into 1955

Timeline 2 existed as a near EXACT replica of Timelines 6,7 and 8 (6 is the result of burning the book timeline before Doc is sent back to 1885 and 7 and 8 are present in BTTF3). The only difference is Doc and Marty in 1955 (twice) and Doc and Marty in 1885

Therefore, if my above statement is correct, then Paradox's exist in BTTF

The split timeline thing is actually a counter-paradox event. Paradoxes should NEVER exist when this theory is applied.

Actually, according to the theory, even if Timeline 2 already existed and the traveler already did some time traveling within the Timeline 1 before creating Timeline 2, his past self doing this SHOULDN'T end up in Timeline 2 because these time travels are made BEFORE Timeline 2 existed. Quantum physics and the space-time continuum would make sure of that. And because these travels have already occurred, the present self shouldn't be worrying about his past self ending up in Timeline 2.

In fact, in BTTF2, when Marty and Doc returned to their home period, they should go back to the ORIGINAL 1985, not the alternate one because the split occurred sometime before 1985. As for Old Biff, he should end up in alternate 2015, not the original 2015.

It's much like a flowing river, if you will. River 1 splits because some powerful force (history change) caused the river to split in one part. The split leads to River 2 and 3. The strongest current would be in River 3 while River 2, which is a remnant of River 1 before the split occurred, has a weaker one. Starting from River 1, it's impossible to get to River 2 because of the strong current. If you start to River 2, however, then get out of the river to walk on ground on the side (time travel), and then return to a point somewhere near the split but still in River 2, you'll remain in River 2 -- you wouldn't magically warp/teleport to River 3, like what happened in BTTF2, because there is no pathway in River 2 that leads to River 3. If you want to get from River 2 to River 3, go somewhere in River 1 then allow the current to lead you to River 3.

The theory also suggest that, if Marty and Doc did make it in the alternate 1985, there should be another Marty and Doc co-existing with the original ones in 1985A, because of the whole split timeline theory. Strange how that works, but this is something scientists would say is HIGHLY possible among all time travel-related theories.

Marty is in Switzerland, Doc is rehabbed.

Then explain why the trails go right into the theater with a left turn. It has to follow the car.

kk20031214.gif

Good example of the multiple timelines/universes theory. Each timeline mirrors the other, which agrees well with the other widely-accepted theories such as the butterfly effect (how the flapping of the wings of a little butterfly sent back in time would cause a hurricane to form and seriously alter history by killing millions of people) and, most of all, the chaos theory.

If those birds find a time machine, humans would have known better about time travel that, even though they send someone to save the world and alter history by releasing a bunch of save-the-world programs and declaring "Earth Day", only the time traveler(s) will benefit from the new changes in the new timeline ("River 3"), while the rest are stuck on the original timeline ("River 1" and "River 2") regretting they can't really undo what they've done.

Yeah... And now we've changed the discussion from time travel. To Parallel dimensions... Where IS Quinn Mallory when you need him? lol

Side conversation: I can't stand what they did to that show... Killed the professor, Wade got shipped off to Kromag breeding camps, And Quinn got a brother from a parallel earth cause he's from one too... Freaking Sci-Fi soap opera!!! And then they got three actors who can't act and who no-one's ever heard of!!! And Quinn quit because he wanted to pursue a movie career with "Tomcats"!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry... just makes me wanna tear somebody's throat out...

And so does this websites stupid word censor!!! If I wanna swear! I'm gonna SWEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Luikseer

Actually, Jerry quit because he wanted to be exec producer of the show. They said no, so he quit along with his brother. Sabrina quit, because she hated Kari. John got fired because he insulted the wife of a Fox exec. Bing bang boom went the show. So if John didn't get fired none of this would of happened. Domino effect.

Also Jerry O'Connell said in an interview that he didn't like the way the show was headed, he wanted it to be more like X-Files. And sabrina came back in the 11th episode of the 5th season, although she only voice acted and was uncredited. But I always end the show at season 4, I don't even touch the 5th one anymore.

I end it Season 3... Corey Feldman is in an episode... That REALLY ruined it... lol

Yeah... And now we've changed the discussion from time travel. To Parallel dimensions...

Were we? We were discussing about multiple timelines, or about timelines splitting to two or more in other words, so we were still discussing about time travel. Multiple timelines are way different from "parallel dimensions". :)

Not much different. The theory or parallel universes entails a choice. Every time you make a choice, you create a number of Parallel Universes. And if you travel in time, you have made a choice to do that. And every choice you or anyone makes because your time traveling creates an alternate timeline / Parallel Universe. An alternate timeline is a parallel universe, but a parallel universe is not an alternate timeline. Kinda like Squares and Rhombuses. Or is that Rhombi? We may never know...

Doc even mentions parallel universes... As does The Doctor in the series 4 episode, "Turn Left"...

Edited by Luikseer

Actually, you were talking about "parallel dimensions", not parallel universes. :P

I know, that's why I mentioning it that BTTF had too many flaws concerning time travel. Multiple timelines in BTTF2 suggest there is no such thing as a "paradox", while the paradox theory in BTTF1 and 1 part in BTTF2 suggest there are paradoxes but there is no such thing as an alternate universe/timeline.

Sign in to follow this