Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
BTTFTIME

What makes the The Flux Capacitor Flux?

The car exists in both time frames for those few seconds. So the trails still have something to follow. Simple logic.

Luikseer's idea is would make sense.

I wonder if our ideas of what makes the Flux Capacitor Flux, may change the way the mod is made.

Like maybe now, we can use Luikseer's idea, and have like if you do a sudden turn before time travel, or randomly if you RC mode time travel, the fire tracks will turn.

Edited by BTTFTIME

Well given the fact that the mod has limited space, and they keep trying to make things better, By the time they make things perfect, Deloreans will be the only car left in the game. Everything else will have been left out for space. Lol. But i have to admit, it would be interesting, as it is right now, I have Time travel complaints galore. Not really a bad thing, but it is interesting, I'll be uploading a video i made later, I backed the Train off a building with cutscene TT turned on. it hits 88 pointing straight up into the air while falling backwards, the fire trails then shoot forwards. When the return scene happens the train pops out of the void as if i had hit 88 while flying through the building. it is level with the ground and right side up but appearing out of a wall...

However, with instant TT mode, the train will fall backward, hit 88 and then shoot skyward in mid-air and fly though the air for a moment upside down until it crashes to the ground. Same is true for any of the Deloreans...

But anyway, I know that such things are par for the course when you have limited space for coding.

And Dragon King, thanks for the compliment, but it just goes to show I have WAY to much time on my hands...

Well either way here's the links to my videos

Cutscene Time Travel

">
Edited by Luikseer

The capacitor fluxes and creates a hole in reality by high speeds. The DeLorean leaves firetrails because the amount of energy can destroy the whole thing. It freezes because giant masses of energy are used. -my explanation.

The TARDIS uses the black holes and the Time Machine simply rewinds time :P

Edited by  iProton

That's how the HG Wells TM does it too. I'm still postulating my idea on DeLorean based time travel so I'll be back in here sometime in the not to distant future

Well, as all of you know, if you wish to travel in time, you must travel through space as well, which is why the Time Machine often has a bad rap when compared to other machines. But if you think about you could consider the generation of the fire trails as the Delorean's way of cling to surface, or air of the planet. Because if you travel through time and not space, you could end up in the same spot in space and have the earth not be there, or appear in the earth, which could be disastrous.

And for iProton, the TARDIS doesn't use black holes to travel through time, The Time Lords created a Black hole on their home world of Gallifrey and harnessed it's power to generate the energy required to travel through time. The Doctor's TARDIS is slowly dying because of Gallifrey being in the Time Lock. The TARDIS runs on a mass of energy generated by chronon and huon particles... And it travels through the time vortex which is not a black hole... It is TIME in it's infinite sense... And the Delorean doesn't rewind or fast forward time. It that's and HG Wells thing... It punches a hole through time and is instantaneous, otherwise he'd see it pass by...

But anyway, one could say the Delorean does travel through space as well as time and that the fire trails serve that purpose as well. However, there is the question of the flying Delorean, which doesn't have the actual tires spinning on any surface so what's created it? I believe the vents that created propulsion of the vehicle have taken that job and in doing so in the moment of transfer they spit the plasma which grounds it to the earth and to that location.

Just my random musings... Take them as you will...

Wormholes are complex stuff. When an object travels through it, there'll be a sort of "distortion" where two time frames exist at the same time in a brief period, like Archer said, but this doesn't apply to fire trails. Note that in the movie, the De Lorean went straight after re-entry in 1985. Marty didn't turn left like the fire trails did. Therefore the fire trails "turned" by themselves (basic physics stuff that I don't want to bump to at the moment).

Also "Time Vortexes" don't exist in the BTTF universe, nor in reality itself. :P Note that the De Lorean below 88 mph and during the time travel sequence still isn't "ripping" through or "causing friction" with time yet. All the De Lorean does is create a wormhole and be fast enough (a la 88 mph speed) to pass through it before the universe goes to "patch" the hole up, thus the explosion and the "vacuum effect" during departure. The wormhole does the ripping part, not the De Lorean, therefore there is no "friction". Those vents in the wheels, imo, are simply...vents, a part of the cooling system of the time machine -- those big vents on the back may not be enough, or they are simply for something else.

If you're thinking the wormhole makes the De Lorean does this, note that a wormhole is created and destroyed in seconds. They have short life spans. When the De Lorean emitts sparks and they accumulate in the front, the blue mass in the front isn't a wormhole yet. The blue mass is actually there to create the wormhole, it's not the wormhole itself -- what the De Lorean does in the entire time travel sequence (80-87 mph) is blast more sparks to make the mass denser. Once the blue mass is dense enough, BOOM, wormhole.

Other than this, these are all just "movie special effects" made to make people say WOW and get praise from critics and moviegoers, not to create radical theories of time traveling.

Well, as all of you know, if you wish to travel in time, you must travel through space as well, which is why the Time Machine often has a bad rap when compared to other machines.

I don't remember it having a "bad rap". Note that HG Wells' Time Machine itself started the whole "time travel via machine" thing. If it wasn't for Wells' work, Back to the Future and all time travel Sci-Fis WON'T exist. If this work never existed, we'll end up having those "time travel via magic" crap. So in other words, it has the HIGHEST rap among all time travel works / time machines.

Wormholes are complex stuff. When an object travels through it, there'll be a sort of "distortion" where two time frames exist at the same time in a brief period, like Archer said, but this doesn't apply to fire trails. Note that in the movie, the De Lorean went straight after re-entry in 1985. Marty didn't turn left like the fire trails did. Therefore the fire trails "turned" by themselves (basic physics stuff that I don't want to bump to at the moment).

Those vents in the wheels, imo, are simply...vents, a part of the cooling system of the time machine -- those big vents on the back may not be enough, or they are simply for something else.

1. Don't forget that in the initial experiment the fire trails went straight, but when it came out of the wormhole doc made the delorean do a near 180* turn.

2. I thought the wheels were just the normal rims that come with a delorean (which means no vents), at least until BTTF 2.

Edited by Statler

I think the car just has a auto breaking system when the car is on remote drive. That's what caused the turn.

then why was doc holding the RC like he was controlling it. He even turned it the way he wanted it to turn, which doesn't help at all but it sometimes happens. Every person who has had a RC vehicle (car, plane, boat) will tell you that they have done that many times, like I have.

Edited by Statler

If you're thinking the wormhole makes the De Lorean does this, note that a wormhole is created and destroyed in seconds. They have short life spans. When the De Lorean emitts sparks and they accumulate in the front, the blue mass in the front isn't a wormhole yet. The blue mass is actually there to create the wormhole, it's not the wormhole itself -- what the De Lorean does in the entire time travel sequence (80-87 mph) is blast more sparks to make the mass denser. Once the blue mass is dense enough, BOOM, wormhole.

Other than this, these are all just "movie special effects" made to make people say WOW and get praise from critics and moviegoers, not to create radical theories of time traveling.

I don't remember it having a "bad rap". Note that HG Wells' Time Machine itself started the whole "time travel via machine" thing. If it wasn't for Wells' work, Back to the Future and all time travel Sci-Fis WON'T exist. If this work never existed, we'll end up having those "time travel via magic" crap. So in other words, it has the HIGHEST rap among all time travel works / time machines.

I notice though you touched other aspects of what i said but didn't really touch upon my theory about travelling through space as well...

I never said HG Wells was bad... But people do have problems with the idea of a time machine that only travels through time and not space... But that was not a problem with the HG Wells Machine It was attached to the Earth and you just watched as time flew by... a stationary TM does not need to move through space as well...

Example: Six months from now the earth is on the other side of the solar system...

I never said HG Wells was bad... But people do have problems with the idea of a time machine that only travels through time and not space... But that was not a problem with the HG Wells Machine It was attached to the Earth and you just watched as time flew by... a stationary TM does not need to move through space as well...

What the HG Wells TM does is slows down the traveler's perspective of time (kinda like going lightspeed but keep in mind this is before Einstein came up with Relativity), as where the rest of time goes on at a normal pace. The TM is out of phase of the physical plane but is still positioned in one spot and still travels with the earth, because of dimensional forces (if you've read the book HYPERSPACE by Michio Kaku, which is about all 10 dimensions of our universe, you would understand).

Angelo, I recommend this book to you, since it seems you are very interested in Theoretical Physics. It's a very interesting read (if you can understand it).

hyperspace-a-scientific-odyssey-through-parallel-universes-time-warps-and-the-tenth-dimension.jpg

1. Don't forget that in the initial experiment the fire trails went straight, but when it came out of the wormhole doc made the delorean do a near 180* turn.

2. I thought the wheels were just the normal rims that come with a delorean (which means no vents), at least until BTTF 2.

1. Like I said, the fire trails weren't following the De Lorean. They were following basic physics within the universe while the De Lorean is now outside the universe at that given moment.

2. Have any of you noticed that the fire behind the wheels were actually coming from the bottom of the De Lorean right behind the wheels, and they're more like sparks ("uber fire crackers" if you will) than fire? Those "vents" fire sparks to the ground, just behind the wheels, and because the De Lorean is moving forward that time these sparks when they hit the ground bounce to the opposite direction, making an illusion that the De Lorean is literally "burning rubber" with 4 trails of fire in its peak. Try looking it up in the movie and you'll notice that there is a small gap or distance between the wheels and the "fire" trails following them.

You'll also notice that Doc removed/disabled these extra 4 vents when he hover-converted it in BTTF2, then 1955 Doc reinstalled/re-enabled them later in BTTF3 -- unfortunately the vents were screwy, firin sparks towards the wheels, forming those sparks we saw going around the wheels in BTTF3.

One of the members earlier mentioned that the fire behind the wheels were sparks, not fire. At first, I thought someone finally noticed it until many of you literally ditched the idea (or fact rather).

wheelvents.png

I assumed they were disabled in hover mode, cuz there was no danger of the tires getting damaged since it was hovering, and that they would be functional if it were driving.

Now that I did what you said I do see the vents. You learn something new everyday, even if it is about a movie you've seen 20-30 times.

And also, blue's point holds merit, since you never see the delorean Time Travel in drive mode in BTTF2.

Edited by Statler

LONG-POST-FEST!

Now that I did what you said I do see the vents. You learn something new everyday, even if it is about a movie you've seen 20-30 times.

It ain't new to me. Already knew it since I first watched BTTF1. When it comes to Sci-Fi special effects, I'm observant and as a very scientific person seeing fire coming out of the wheels without the wheels bursting out is MAGIC, not a thing of sci-fi. Also the pic I posted is something I ripped from a YouTube video (I no longer have the movies). :P

I assumed they were disabled in hover mode, cuz there was no danger of the tires getting damaged since it was hovering, and that they would be functional if it were driving.

I still don't believe the vents are there for the wheels' protection during time travel. If they are, why are they behind the wheels? Also, this is contradictory to what I believe -- Doc put it behind the wheels because putting it in their front would damage them, not protect them. Note that these sparks, when they make contact with that blue mass, ignites so it should be dangerous to wheels.

LONG-POST-FEST!

lol like I said earlier I tend to make long posts when I'm tired and sleepy (like Orgcon and Dr. House, I have sleep issues). In this state, a lot of stuff pops in my head and I just type it in.

Well here's the thing... Yeah we know that the movie people added all that stuff to make it look cooler but you have think, If i was Doc Brown, why would i make things that do that? He make the Blue sparks and stuff cause it forms the wormhole in the front of the car, and everything that lights up inside has a purpose, but you're telling me he added those for effect? I know it's a movie, but "IF" it were real, everything Doc did had a purpose, that's kind of the point of this thread, to ramble on what we think the purpose behind what we see... You can't discount it to movie magic when the subject of thread is how does it do what we see it do?... We know it's just effects, but from Doc's POV it has a purpose... That's we want we know Angelo...

Heh heh... that rhymed...

It could be a discharge from the plutonium chamber/Mr. Fusion, which needs those vents to release the extra heat/energy.

Edited by Statler

Sign in to follow this