Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
BTTFTIME

What makes the The Flux Capacitor Flux?

it's the same thing!!! PARALLEL UNIVERSES/PARALLEL DIMENSIONS/ALTERNATE TIMLINES. The first two are definately the same, and I already explained the timeline thing...

In this dimension, we have a universe. In the next dimension, they have a universe. And guess what? THEY'RE PARALLEL!!!!

Also, This universe IS a dimension, because the universe is the only accompanying it.

I feel like I'm doing geometry proofs...

I know, that's why I mentioning it that BTTF had too many flaws concerning time travel. Multiple timelines in BTTF2 suggest there is no such thing as a "paradox", while the paradox theory in BTTF1 and 1 part in BTTF2 suggest there are paradoxes but there is no such thing as an alternate universe/timeline.

And technically, as smart as Doc Brown is, when he creates a Time machine, he doesn't think about it... And how could he know... By traveling through time, not only is he testing theories, but he is experiencing them... No one knows what will happen if you go back in time and shoot your grandpa. It's a theory. That's probably why he goes around spouting stuff, because no one knows how resilient time is... do alternate timelines happen? Or will the universe shlorp?

(Btw, it is a theory that if ever the universe were to paradox it would get sucked into it's center and that noise... "Shlorp")

I feel like I'm doing geometry proofs...

Really now? :P Space is actually 3 dimensions (length, width and height). Time is considered another dimension (a.k.a. the FOURTH DIMENSION, a name I once suggested for the BTTF Multiplayer Mod). Saying a universe (which is in reality made up of 4 or more dimensions) is one dimension doesn't make it a universe at all.

Speaking of which, our Nth Dimension is also another example. It ain't really an alternate reality. From my understanding, it's a dimension created by twisting the space and time dimensions, so it's basically a dimension made up of the twisted space and time overlapping each other and itself in some twisted or odd way. You're still in the same universe, just that the screwed-up time circuits screwed-up reality.

(Btw, it is a theory that if ever the universe were to paradox it would get sucked into it's center and that noise... "Shlorp")

Again, I'm telling you that temporal paradoxes make time travel impossible -- as long as paradoxes are possible, it is also possible and considered a fact that NO ONE or NOTHING can travel through time. Time Travel is a complete MYTH if paradoxes are real. This is the same reason why scientists like Ronald Mallet never worry about some apocalyptic screw-up we call paradox when they experiment with time traveling, because they'll know if paradoxes exist by immediately finding out their time machines don't work at all, or in general time travel is not possible. So basically, you can't say both temporal paradox and time travel being possible a theory.

<Sorry to bump this topic. Nothing else to do right now>

Sign in to follow this