Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
BTTFTIME

What makes the The Flux Capacitor Flux?

I just want everyone to brainstorm here and come up with what you think caused The Flux Capacitor to make Time Travel possible. We all know BTTF is not real, but if it was what could make the Flux Capacitor flux. No one is wrong or right.

My idea is that each tube of the Flux capacitor carried different particles that would be launched into the center of the Flux Capacitor and cause a "Time Hole". One tubed had electrons, another had protons, and another had Neutrons. They were all highly charged and when meet, caused a chain reaction. Then the plutonium was launched into the center, so when all the particles are launched, it caused the chain reaction, which also made the darn thing glow. Particles had to be constantly launched, which means, you could only go one trip, and when it was turned off, it cooled down. When the car reached 88 Miles Per Hour, the Particles in the flux capacitor get hotter, cause maybe Doc made a special contraption in the Delorean that would collect heat from the speed, and heat up the Flux Capacitor, causing Time Travel. The Time Circuit Display was made with a power calculator, which calculated each time period as a minute or year, and kept adding as many particles needed for each time travel, like it may have 30 electrons for 2 months into the future, but if you go 6 months into the future it would be 120 electrons. Heat energy was used to create the electrons. Now this is just a idea.

Edited by BTTFTIME

My idea is that each tube of the Flux capacitor carried different particles that would be launched into the center of the Flux Capacitor and cause a "Time Hole".

But it's the emmiter that forces the hole to open....

I could make a topic named "What makes DeLoreans' wheels to spin?"

But, actually, BTTFTIMEs idea is not so bad..

From what I believe, the Flux Capacitor is actually a sort of energy converter -- it converts electricity to "flux energy", a kind of unstable energy that, when dense enough, can create a rip in the space-time continuum, and since this is still electricity they can flow through high-voltage electrical wires.

Just imagine the De Lorean now reaching the speed of 80-88 mph...

1. The Flux Capacitor begins to work in full capacity, initiating the energy conversion process.
  2. The converted energy is directed to the flux boxes
  3. The flux boxes allow this special electrical energy to flow from the tight electrical wires to the larger coils, making them glow bright blue.
  4. The side coils allow the flux energy to flow through the wormhole emitter
  5. The wormhole emitter then "spits" this energy towards the front of the De Lorean. Then De Lorean begins to "spit" more flux energy to its front from both the wormhole emitter and the coils (the expanding emitted flux energy in the front attracts more flux energy)
  6. When the emitted flux energy is dense enough (or in layman's term, big or wide enough to fill up the entire front view of the driver), the dense energy creates a hole in the space-time continuum like dense heavy water to paper. The explosion is the dense energy itself ripping through spacetime.
  7. Because the "hole" made by the dense energy can be "patched up" or closed by the universe within miliseconds, the De Lorean has to be fast enough to pass through the rift before it closes. According to the size of the De Lorean, a speed of 88 mph and above would be fast enough -- this is why Doc wanted the wormhole would be emitted in the speed of 88 mph.
  8. While in the right speed in the right conditions, the De Lorean pass through the rift. As the wormhole closes, a "vacuum effect" occurs -- the inner part of the explosion is then sucked into the hole/rift until the hole is completely closed.

If the De Lorean was bigger or longer, like a Formula One or a bus (lol Time Bus), the speed required for time travel would be greater, or the flux energy would have to be more unstable enough to keep the hole open for as long as 5+ seconds. If the first one has to be followed, the emitter will have to be closer to the front. If the latter is to be followed, Doc will need a far more powerful Flux Capacitor, coils, flux boxes and other time machine parts needed to create the flux energy. The emitter will also have to be closer to the front. Also, because this is a more unstable flux energy, the amount of flux energy needed to be emitted will be smaller and the time of the creation of the wormhole will be shorter too. I bet that huge car in the Time Train's back allows the Train to create a long-lasting wormhole.

Now here's a real question for all of you. In previous threads we've discussed what makes the fire trails, why there is plasma runnoff from the wheels before transfer, and a variety of other things. I ask you now. In BTTF 1 when Doc sent Einstein 1 minute into the future, at the exact moment the time machine disappears you see an explosion on dust and flame emerge from the exact spot the machine disappears. and THEN the fire trails appear. I wish I could screencap it for you, but dont have the DVD with me right now. Answer me this, what exactly is exploding? And if the explosion is from the wormhole why isnt the Time machine destroyed whilst travelling through this unstable enviroment?

Also, the time train isnt made of stainless steel... How does that affect time travel?

Who said it isn't? The windows of DeLorean aren't made from steel either, how can they travel through time?

The kind of explosion ISN'T the same type of explosion we all commonly know that destroys stuff. This sh!t happens when you create a hole in spacetime. Also, Doc fashioned the time machine in a way that the coils and the stainless steel help the De Lorean pass through the rift safely. The explosion also includes the universe reacting the De Lorean departing from time -- if it is just the wormhole, and no other fast stuff to pass through it, there'll be a smaller explosion present. As for the Train, I bet its outer shell works the same way as stainless steel -- it doesn't always necessarily be stainless steel.

Time travel in films are completely theoretical or if not fictional. There's no need to be too serious about it. I'm just one of those fans who try to explain time travel in a more scientific way. Note that in reality, the flux energy, the fire trails / plasma runoffs, the implosions, the sonic booms of re-entry, etc. are all special effects all for the sake of making a good film. Originally, before all of this, the team came up a lot of neat time travel effects for the movie. One of which included making the De Lorean go in light speed with the speed of 88 mph as the starting speed, and leaving a big loud BANG and 2 parallel lines of fire in its wake (a la Star Wars / Star Trek; this is scrapped obviously because it ain't original enough, but thankfully the whole BANG and fire trails are still implemented in the finalized version of the movie, otherwise BTTF won't be fun enough to watch).

I don’t think that the writers of Back To The Future took any theories into consideration beyond traditional, and since traditional (timeline) theory is flawed, I can only assume that they hoped suspension of disbelief would fill in the gaps. I can’t really blame them, because after all Back To The Future is a family movie aimed at the more casual time traveler.

With all the paradox, altered realities, and suspension of disbelief, why then are we able to smile and love this series? I guess because it’s awesome. Honestly, the only real travesty is that it is now closer to 2015 than 1985, and we don’t have hoverboards, or movie posters replaced by giant holographic sharks.

Now here's a real question for all of you. In previous threads we've discussed what makes the fire trails, why there is plasma runnoff from the wheels before transfer, and a variety of other things. I ask you now. In BTTF 1 when Doc sent Einstein 1 minute into the future, at the exact moment the time machine disappears you see an explosion on dust and flame emerge from the exact spot the machine disappears. and THEN the fire trails appear. I wish I could screencap it for you, but dont have the DVD with me right now. Answer me this, what exactly is exploding? And if the explosion is from the wormhole why isnt the Time machine destroyed whilst travelling through this unstable enviroment?

Also, the time train isnt made of stainless steel... How does that affect time travel?

Well true, but maybe the Time and Space continuum has no air, and when the rip happens, the air reacts to oxygen, and the effect happens. This encounter is flammable, so high heat is caused.

You would commonly see this resolute in space if any air of a man-made craft if exposed to space. When air mix's with no air, the first few seconds allow you to actually see the air before it goes back into it's invisible state.

Edited by BTTFTIME

I still don't know why there are fire trails. Your explanation about the fire trails may not be enough, but from what I believe, the flames are actually "exhausts" from the super-hot flux energy, and/or are there to keep the wheels from bursting during time travel.

The only thing I understand more (in a scientist's perspective, not in a movie maker's) is how the wormhole is created, how the blue energy the De Lorean emits work, and why the De Lorean freeze upon re-entry (the absence of heat energy outside the universe causes the temperature of the car's outer body to drop instantly during time travel, so upon re-entry water vapor around the outer body reacts to this cold temperature and turns to ice).

Well, when the wormhole is created, and the Delorean enders it, the rip of time, transports the delorean from 88MPH to 1000000000000000000000000000000000000MPH in milliseconds, causing heat, now the tires don't burn because their already in the Space and Time Continuum which is Cold because of no air, but the time stream in a way "Glitches" for the Time Machine was suppose to be their, not in the Time Stream, so Time thinking that the Deloreans at 1000000000000000000000000000000000000MPH, the fire tracks are made, or so I believe.

this is not brainstorming

this is

you quoting pictures made me sad. Especially that the post is right above this...

You know that's not what I ment, though your brainstroming made me laugh.

1.21 GIGAWATTS.

Nuff said

No, you put 1.21 Gogawatts only and it won't do anything. Well maybe burn the time machine and cost you $3,000 in repairs, or you can do what I did when my Delorean burned down, I saved hundreds of Car insurance by switching to Giecio.

transports the delorean from 88MPH to 1000000000000000000000000000000000000MPH in milliseconds, causing heat

If it did go to that speed, wouldn't the De Lorean and the rest of it (including the traveler, which is inside a much hotter environment before travel) also burn. And if it did go to that speed, the trails in reality wouldn't be there actually, but OUTSIDE the universe where the car travels to to attempt time travel.

I believe the fire trails are caused by the flux energy -- exhausts or not, upon time travel the flames behind the wheels before travel become 4 times or more hotter and because the De Lorean and the flames are speeding at 88 mph before the car disappeared, the hotter flames rocketed forward, forming those trails.

And about my the-flames-protecting-the-wheels-and-keep-them-from-bursting theory, I doubt it would because it was to protect the wheels why are they BEHIND the wheels?

Technically, if your going 10^36 or 1000000000000000000000000000000000000MPH you will be travelling 1.49116477 x 10^27 or 1491164770000000000000000000 times faster than the speed of light. And according to the Theory of Relativity you would slow down and the rest of the world to continue in the normal pace. As a matter of fact you'd slow down so much that a second to you would be millions (if not billions) of years to us. But it being a time machine that travels through a wormhole this phenomena could be nullified, according to some theories.

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

Doc just wanted it to look epic, actually the whole system consists of a beer can and an old ink printer, so he made up some cool stuff like Flux Capacitor and TimeCircuits to make the TT look awesome :lol:

Oh, and FC glows because it has got LEDlights there

Edited by RG-FM 2.0

Doc just wanted it to look epic, actually the whole system consists of a beer can and an old ink printer, so he made up some cool stuff like Flux Capacitor and TimeCircuits to make the TT look awesome :lol:

Oh, and FC glows because it has got LEDlights there

The Glow is activating a the wormhole, or if you want to be specific is the wormhole activating from a wormhole generator in the back of the car. The WG(or Wormhole Generator) is made so that the thing dosen't just do nothing, and in a way, it is the 3rd most important thing for time travel. Now the glow is the wormhole at a closed state going from the back of the car to the front, where it is the ripped open, so the car can go in it at 88 MPH.

Edited by BTTFTIME

I don't know what makes the Flux Capacitor Flux, except that the two top branches represent Past and Future And the Bottom branch (The Longest one) represents Present. But I do have a theory about the fire trails...

When the Delorean travels through time the plasma vents behind the wheels, This is due to a friction not between the car and the universe, but between the car and Time.Depending on where the Delorean is going (past or future) the friction is against that time, It is essentially an imprint of where the Delorean is going considering it is forcing it's through the Time Vortex. The fire trails are then the remnant of your existence on that section of time. As seen in the photo below, the fire trails aren't just straight, they follow where the car has gone even though it is no longer there... Because of this, I believe that at the moment of time travel, The Delorean exists in both places at the same time. The Fire trails are the plasma runoff that the Delorean left behind. However it is still linked to the car across the void of time. at least for a moment...

wmplayer2009-04-2906-42-15-04.jpg

Thts why I asked about the feature in mod that makes fire trails actually a trail instead of a line

what if they are collision detecting where they turn when a building coll is in their way (not vechile colls)

I'm sure it wouldn' work... It would make the delorean turn that direction as well, and what if you didn't want to turn that direction?

I don't know what makes the Flux Capacitor Flux, except that the two top branches represent Past and Future And the Bottom branch (The Longest one) represents Present. But I do have a theory about the fire trails...

When the Delorean travels through time the plasma vents behind the wheels, This is due to a friction not between the car and the universe, but between the car and Time.Depending on where the Delorean is going (past or future) the friction is against that time, It is essentially an imprint of where the Delorean is going considering it is forcing it's through the Time Vortex. The fire trails are then the remnant of your existence on that section of time. As seen in the photo below, the fire trails aren't just straight, they follow where the car has gone even though it is no longer there... Because of this, I believe that at the moment of time travel, The Delorean exists in both places at the same time. The Fire trails are the plasma runoff that the Delorean left behind. However it is still linked to the car across the void of time. at least for a moment...

I have to say that sounds very well thought out. I'm actually convinced that the reason you specified is what happens lol.

Sign in to follow this