Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
BTTFTIME

What makes the The Flux Capacitor Flux?

1. Like I said, the fire trails weren't following the De Lorean.

Actually, they were

If you look closely on the lightening strike (any movie), u will see the fire trails in the distance go right then left, then comes into four trails

When Marty returned to 1985, he followed that EXACT path, as he crashed wonkily into the cinema

Actually, they were

If you look closely on the lightening strike (any movie), u will see the fire trails in the distance go right then left, then comes into four trails

When Marty returned to 1985, he followed that EXACT path, as he crashed wonkily into the cinema

Well yeah, but as Angelo pointed out, during the first experiment, the vehicle didn't exit the wormhole and stay straight. It immediately braked and turned to the left, which would have made the fire trails curved instead of cont straight...

As sorta seen here... The front has moved left...

wmplayer2009-04-2810-10-13-30.jpg

But with the lightning run it did follow... So something is to blame...

Edited by Luikseer

Guys, you're just going to drive your self's insane. The movie has too many contradictions to explain everything 100% consistent.

Well yeah, but as Angelo pointed out, during the first experiment, the vehicle didn't exit the wormhole and stay straight.

That was me, not angelo. Angelo suggested the 1955-1985 travel.

but, the del continued on its course if doc hadn't turned it, thats why the trails at the first test were straight

its just like the BTTF time rules:

1. Going back in time creates a new timeline

2. Going forward is going forward along the same timeline as you left

3. There is a great big condridiction in the forward time travel

This case, it uses rule 2, but because doc interfered with the del's exit, he a effectivly created a paradoxial event that resulted in the fire trails of the past leading the del to a non-existant reality

basically, the del went knowhere on the fire trails reality, and the del exited on doc's reality (if u get what i mean)

EDIT: By the way, there was 2 del's at the same point at the first test as the doc interfered with it, the first origonal del was lost in a destroyed future reality, the same del throughout the 3 films was the 2nd del that exited

Edited by OoiueBTTF

Guys, you're just going to drive your self's insane. The movie has too many contradictions to explain everything 100% consistent.

God you are so right!!! I'm starting to get as frustrated as I do when I try thinking about how Bill & Ted could have ever passed their history project had Rufus not helped them. The future used Bill & Ted to create themselves the way they were but it couldn't have happened had Rufus not intervened... It hurts my brain...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" *Brain splatters across my living room...*

God I hate thinking Time travel or Paradox's... Thinking about Portal is almost easier...

temporal mechanics (as star trek puts it)

besides, i think about this a lot, i have studied BTTF VERY closely since July last year, i have practically mastered time travel and paradox's and all that since then and have done for 5 months now, at least

Edited by OoiueBTTF

Well same here but I've been studying it since I was 7... It doesn't stop certain things from making my brain hurt...

No one can master Time Travel paradoxes. This has been plaguing the most intelligent minds in physics for decades, including Stephen Hawking.

i believe i nearly have

i'll explain:

-Assuming we are following the BTTF time rules

-Assuming we create a paradox

this happens:

1. I go back in time to 2005 to meet myself when in-fact i shouldn't have

2. This meeting creates an inresolvable paradoxial event that results in history correcting itself by erasing the future self

3. The erasing of future-self will create the future-self again, as the paradox corrected the past-self, as he had no memory of his past meeting

4. This results in the time correction already having to do that (again) and paradoxially, repeating itself

5. Since the space-time continuum has to move on, the repeating of an infinate cycle will result in an explosion of a specific region of space to attempt to correct the time-space continuum (since the universe cannot handle paradoxial events). The infinate cycle has resolved a paradox

Results:

1. The person will not go back in time to meet himself, as the space-time continuum cannot handle it, this will paradixially keep repeating itself if the one does it again

1A. If the one goes back to meet himself, the universe will be destroyed as it has just corrected that error of time

1B. There is no past-self and future-self meeting, thus the universe is fine as it forbidded the time travel to the past

This is what a paradox is, according to what i believe anyway

another paradox could be if you go back in time and kill yourself

meaning that you would have never existed in the first place but then you couldnt have killed your self so this makes the universe confused sorta thing

Which leads back to my previous post

-Assuming this is grandfather paradox...

If you go back to kill yourself...

You wouldn't have existed in the first place so....

1. This killing creates an inresolvable paradoxial event that results in history correcting itself by erasing the future self

2. The erasing of future-self will create the future-self again, as the paradox corrected the past-self, as he was not killed by his future-self and had no memory of him

3. This results in the time correction already having to do that (again) and paradoxially, repeating itself

4. Since the universe cannot handle paradoxial events, the universe cannot resolve it unless it erases any mention or meaning to go back and kill yourself. Therefore, the universe corrects the person and he never goes back to kill himself. The infinate cycle has resolved a paradox

But because the past-self has no memory of this killing, the universe forbids the time travel to kill yourself

The same with any killing in the past

No, I know what a paradox and how to make one, but if I try think about how i could do ANYTHING in the past without blue streak up history and causing a paradox the number of ways to cause one makes my brain hurt... Just going back in time to say medieval times and walking through the countryside could have an enormous amount of effects. It could do nothing, or it could cause someone to do something differently when they run across my tracks in the grass causing them to be killed and completely wiping from history a good 2 million people that should've been born... But then there is the concept of "Whatever Happened Happened" and maybe I'm supposed to walk through that countryside so those people don't get born and if I don't, then it will blue up the future... And then there is the varying degrees of things that my presence could do in between those two examples... Like instead of changing the path of a person who sees my tracks, I could cause an animal to go a different direction because of my smell. Thereby leading to that animals, or one of it's food chain links above or below's extinction... Now traveling into the future would have no effect whatsoever on current events until I came back... With knowledge of the future. And what Nicolas Cage said in the movie, "Next" is true, if you can look at the future and know what's going to happen, you automatically change it because you knew what was going to happen. Paradox's can happen from traveling forward because the future isn't written it's always fluctuating... Unless of course you travel forward then travel before you traveled forward... I understand the concept of time paradox's. It just sometimes make my brain hurt...

Last example: the tv show LOST. A few episodes ago while the survivors of flight 815 were trapped in the year 1979, Sayid shot little Benjamin Linus and then the episode ended... This to me and many others meant that Ben was dead... And this would've created a paradox. Here's how... Benjamin Linus is dead at age 12. He never grows up to become the leader of the "Others". He never kills all of the Dharma Initiative, The Dharma people have continous control over The Swan station and always have somebody to hit the button every 108 minutes. When Desmond Hume crashes his boat he is immediately sent from the island back to the mainland via submarine. Desmond never becomes in charge of hitting the button. He then also never has a chance to neglect his button pushing duties while chasing after the guy who tries to steal his boat. The magnetic field never pulls Oceanic Flight 815 out the sky. And the passengers make a safe landing in L.A. Going on with their usual lives... And even if it did crash on the island, The Dharma Initiative are still around to send them home via submarine. Thereby Sayid or any of the others never even make it to the 1979 when their plane to Guam crashes and Sayid never shoots young Ben so who was around to it in the first place?

Paradox...

Which is why Ben didn't die...

Edited by Luikseer

Which leads back to my previous post

-Assuming this is grandfather paradox...

If you go back to kill yourself...

You wouldn't have existed in the first place so....

1. This killing creates an inresolvable paradoxial event that results in history correcting itself by erasing the future self

2. The erasing of future-self will create the future-self again, as the paradox corrected the past-self, as he was not killed by his future-self and had no memory of him

3. This results in the time correction already having to do that (again) and paradoxially, repeating itself

4. Since the universe cannot handle paradoxial events, the universe cannot resolve it unless it erases any mention or meaning to go back and kill yourself. Therefore, the universe corrects the person and he never goes back to kill himself. The infinate cycle has resolved a paradox

But because the past-self has no memory of this killing, the universe forbids the time travel to kill yourself

The same with any killing in the past

Unless you want to follow Futurama rules... If you kill your own grandpa, you could become it... lol... blue streak Fry... He's his own damn grandpa...

Or he was his Grandpa to begin with. Predetermined Paradox. Either way you look at it, headaches.

this is perciesly why i like the predestination paradox

any other paradox's in my view are wrong and completly stupid

whatever

Sorry, but this is becoming a nerdfest. Want something interesting to talk about? Tell me what will happen at the end of time.

I understand the concept of time paradox's. It just sometimes make my brain hurt...

Like Archer said, proving this to be true will drive you insane. There are too many contradictions already made in the movie to COMPLETELY make a science fiction. For instance, the movie used 2 contradicting theories of time travel at the same time, which is splitting timelines and temporal paradoxes. Any scientist would consider it entirely fictional because of these contradicting theories.

Paradoxes DISPROVE time travel to be possible. If you want time travel, remove paradox out of the equation.

Long posts... And the same thing all over again.

Long posts... And the same thing all over again.

Just shortened my first post and deleted the second, hoping this will make you happy now.

This is me when I'm tired.

Offtopic: Check the SpillOver forum.

If you said that to me, I can send yourself to there, cause I replied like hours ago. xD :P

If you said that to me, I can send yourself to there, cause I replied like hours ago. xD :P

Again, tired. :P

But I'm forced to be tired. Despite of having summer vacation, I have this "work" needed to be done. Hopefully, by tomorrow afternoon, it'll be finished and I can finally enjoy vacation. (can't really tell you what I'm doing right now)

Again, tired. :P

But I'm forced to be tired. Despite of having summer vacation, I have this "work" needed to be done. Hopefully, by tomorrow afternoon, it'll be finished and I can finally enjoy vacation. (can't really tell you what I'm doing right now)

Of course, you can't, well, you're our Secret Agent, aren't you? xD

Sign in to follow this