:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Mike

GTA IV for PC - Who has it?

My copy arrived today, gonna get it installed later this evening.

However, I've just been looking at the reviews of the PC version, and it's getting a complete slating over it's use of SecuRom.

What are your thought's on this?

Discuss :P

I also pre-ordered for the PC version earlier, so I expect to get it in this weekend. Unfortunately, only my brother's PC will get most of the benefit from this game. My mini-PC doesn't meet the requirements to play the game. I can use the same software I've been using to make my GPU work for games like Crysis, but I don't know what kind of gameplay I'll get when I use it on GTA4.

SecuRom? I had a lot of trouble of SecuRom ever since I started playing games with SecuRom. I just hope it won't when we finally have GTA4.

Have a look at the reviews on the likes of amazon, it seems SecuRom is not very well liked by anyone.

I'm not exactly keen on a bit of software installing itself so that it can call back to the mothership whenever it wants.

A friend of mine tried the GTA4 torrent download OUTATIME showed earlier in the forums, and he said the crack provided for the torrent download worked. SecuRom wasn't much a trouble for him.

I just laughed at the fact that the R* social club servers were down :lol: So many ppl trying to log on at once so you couldn't save the game in SP or go on MP, I think its fixed now though :mellow::lol:

I've heard of it too. The error was called "MMA10". The error causes the game to crash (a la VC crash). There is however one solution to get around this error: log-out from the Rockstar Social Club program before playing the game. I've also heard there are also a lot of code error and similar problems they're encountering with GTA4 that R* hurried at making fixes for them. And I thought this was more stable than the previous GTA games.

Replay_editor.jpg

lol GTA4 for PC has a replay editor. This might become very useful :D

From what I have read, you can use that to capture video/images ala fraps.

Yep, I've also read that the pirated versions run fine, the only thing it disables is the ability to play online, but that doesn't really bother me.

I was trying to 'get' gta 4 for the pc, but I just found out that it's 13gb O.o I never saw a game this big :|

I am playing it for "free".Controls are very difficult for me and game is very buggy.You can see on my sig i really played it

Edited by Nokiaman

13GB is normal. It's in HD res and has New York and New Jersey. They are larger and more complicated then SA.

I am playing it for "free".Controls are very difficult for me and game is very buggy.You can see on my sig i really played it

Like I said earlier, the game is buggy, and like what Mike said earlier, it's unable to play online. R* is working on fixes for those bugs, but the "free" game being unable to play online could be a problem when it comes to obtaining these fixes.

13GB is fine to me too. I have 4 hard drives on both my computer and my bro's, with each having more than 40 GB of space so if that's also referring to the required HDD space to install the game I should be fine. :D

I haven't got the game yet, but in our (huge :D) stayblue many users are complaining, that it crashes as often as BttF:HV 0.2e mod for some people :D

No, they didn't say that directly, but they say that they can't enjoy playing because the game crashes after a short time...

I'd like to get some kind of demo to test if my (compared to todays computers slow) computer can get along with it... But I know R* wont make one :(

Then I need to lend the game at least from someone to test it :mellow:

Are you having the crash problems, too?

Damn it :angry: ! I can't hold out any longer, I'm going out tommorrow to buy it, even though I know my comp can't handle it <_<

Isn't there going to be GTA IV The Lost and Da$med exclusively for the Xbox 360?

yes

Me, it sucks so bad!

*did

Edited by Doctor Emmett L. Brown

Me, it sucks so bad!

*did

Confirmed. Even sucks on my XPS at the moment, though I suspect that may be because I have an almost full hard drive that won't defrag beceause it's nearly full, and most of the files on the drive are fragmented.

No, it's nt because of that, it's because R* were too lazy to programme it properly

No, it's nt because of that, it's because R* were too lazy to programme it properly

Figures! I can just about play it with the settings on low, however if i'm driving on the highway it's like watching a slideshow!