:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Mike

GTA IV for PC - Who has it?

I just got GTA4 at the mall after finishing our last examinations this year, though I'm not planning to play it now, 'cause I know I'll just bump into a lot of problems, and I especially don't like bumping to problems in such special occasions like Christmas. For now, I'll be, or I am, enjoying Prince of Persia (2008) in my mini-PC.

I agree with Archer. From what I have read online, supposedly the game was designed to run on future hardware not current, which would explain why many people can only use the medium settings even on the best systems. They should however have spent more time beta testing before releasing the game, you don't expect a release from a major software house to require patching days after it's release.

Yea it seems that they jumped the gun a bit. Problem is demand for the PC version caused them to do a halfa**ed job of porting it, so it would get in stores by X-mas. If only we lived in a world that doesn't rely heavily on the economy (ie: Star Trek), but it seems that the human race still hasn't come to their senses.

It doesn't even make sense. It ran on 360's without major frame rate problems, but can't run correctly on an i7 CPU...

The main problem was it wasn't ported by the main part of the company, R* or R* North, But by an unheard section, R* Torronto. Maybe this was their initiation into the team... Clearly they failed :lol:

Edited by Orgcon

It doesn't even make sense. It ran on 360's without major frame rate problems, but can't run correctly on an i7 CPU...

GTA IVs graphics etc were all improved a lot more than the 360 version.

Still, not running on a i7 CPU, that was released 1 month prior, still doesn't make sense.

Where did you get the idea from that it won't run under an i7 CPU? :mellow:

I have a friend who has a i7 CPU and it still lags on max settings.

Max settings are designed for future hardware...

You still don't design a game to not work on the latest hardware that came out one month prior. That's my point. When SA came out, it was designed for the latest hardware. But it still ran on my old crappy P4 1.66GHZ (7 years old), 256 ATI Radeon X800 pro, 768MB RAM, on max.

You still don't design a game to not work on the latest hardware that came out one month prior. That's my point. When SA came out, it was designed for the latest hardware. But it still ran on my old crappy P4 1.66GHZ (7 years old), 256 ATI Radeon X800 pro, 768MB RAM, on max.

SA with MP works on both my computers incluing a 2.66 GHz Intel Pentium 4 and a 64 meg intel card and it runs on a 1.46 GHz Intel CPU on a laptop. And there is no lag without high poly mods

Doom 3 was awesome!

Doom 3 runs well at max settings on my 256MB VRAM on-board graphics. San Andreas ran well at my 2 generation-old 1990's graphics chipset at high settings. But dunno why GTA4 wouldn't do the same way. Just tested it on my bro's computer, which was recently upgraded with the latest and most expensive NVIDIA graphics and quad-core processor on our country, and it hell lags at max settings.

That's because R* most likely got demanded by Take-Two to release the game before X-mas, to get max sales, but had no time to fix everything.

It's not only the bugs GTA4 is criticized for. GTA4's PC version is also criticized for being dependent on other software, such Rockstar Games Social Club, SecuROM and even Windows Live (you can't save a game in single player without it).