:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Mike

GTA IV for PC - Who has it?

They already have hacks to disable all that and run the game without the CD.

I hope they also do it so that GTA4 becomes moddable. :P

Just imagine mod stuff on a cool engine.

I hope they also do it so that GTA4 becomes moddable. :P

Just imagine mod stuff on a cool engine.

IV is moddable, haven't you seen the weapon and handling mods? They're working on more tools.

Windows Live? Why do you need it to save, I mean it's just an instant messenger program. I'm sure that there will be ppl out there buying the game that don't have an internet connection. I mean I didn't when I bought San Andreas.

Windows Live? Why do you need it to save, I mean it's just an instant messenger program. I'm sure that there will be ppl out there buying the game that don't have an internet connection. I mean I didn't when I bought San Andreas.

Windows Live & Windows Live Messenger are two different things.

I tried saving the game after finishing 5 missions and getting chased by cops 3 times without getting caught, and man it sucked when I can't really save it and found out later on that you need Windows Live, which I've uninstalled hours before trying GTA4, to save. After installing it, I was finally able to save and I wondered that time why would you need it for.

Someone probably will. It's outrageous that you can't save a game just because you don't have internet. I have 56k and I'm not on all the time, jerk offs...

man, after hearing all this. im really starting to wonder weather or not to buy it.

I have a friend who has a i7 CPU and it still lags on max settings.

Any chance of getting him to run the benchmark tool and posting the results? Would also be interesting to see the full specs of his system.

I have a friend who has a i7 CPU and it still lags on max settings.

Max settings are designed for future hardware...

Any chance of getting him to run the benchmark tool and posting the results? Would also be interesting to see the full specs of his system.

I just read in the actual Gamestar magazine, that they tested the core i7 and that it's slower than a core 2 duo E6700 atm and that they don't suggest it for gamers, yet.

Job Done :D

Statistics

Average FPS: 49.06

Duration: 37.67 sec

CPU Usage: 70%

System memory usage: 65%

Video memory usage: 72%

Graphics Settings

Video Mode: 1280 x 1024 (75 Hz)

Texture Quality: High

Render Quality: Highest

View Distance: 47

Detail Distance: 100

Hardware

Microsoft® Windows Vista" Home Premium

Service Pack 1

Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2

Video Driver version: 7.14.10.630

Audio Adapter: Speakers (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC)

Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz

The results I got above were with all the settings on the highest with the exception of view distance.

Archer I can only guess that your friend has some parts in his PC that are not as good as they could be.