:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
CJ O'Hummer

Time Travels possible within the next 50 years?

Will Time Travels be possible until 2060?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes
    • Who Knows
    • No

Ah come on! If "he" allowed us to think of trying to create a time machine, why wouldn't "he" let us time travel? DOH. God doesn't apparently give a s**t on what we do anyway

Ah forgot to mention that "if there is a god at all" part. nobody knows

Edited by RG

you shouldnt have brought this up emo. theoretically time travel already is possible, the physical technology to use the methodology just doesnt exist yet.

why does there have to be a god? are you that scared?

I know there is something but not for human use. I think you may not change the time continuum. It would cause literally a paradox!

On a Major Way!

Edited by Evil Morning Operator

I think you may not change the time continuum. It would cause literally a paradox!

On a Major Way!

Haven't I already said our universe ISN'T the BTTF universe or the Doctor Who universe? Logically, "time travel" and "temporal paradox" are opposites -- if we prove one to be true, then the other would be completely untrue. So if scientists proved that there are paradoxes, then they could also be 100% certain that time travel is a complete myth and could never happen (which would be a nightmare for us BTTF fans if that ever happens).

...so if there is such thing as time travel, it would disprove your claim about God not allowing us to time travel.

What will happen in 2060 that will make Time Travel impossible then?

Since you said it will be only possible UNTIL 2060.

What will happen in 2060 that will make Time Travel impossible then?

Since you said it will be only possible UNTIL 2060.

You misunderstood my point. What I meant is, that somewhere around 2060 TT will be possible for the first time ever. So it'll take scientists UNTIL about 2060 to MAKE them possible.

Ah. I would've said "Time Travel possible in 2060" then.

Timetravel like in the BTTF films is impossible! GET OVER IT!! <_< You can slow relative time down by increasing gravity, but whether you'd survive it is anouther matter ;)

As a matter of fact, all of us can already be "time travelers" without a time machine to do it. By just moving around, we would have this natural ability of being able to slow down time. Go faster, and you'll slow down time further. You don't recognize it, but it does happen.

For example, a 25-year old astronaut left his twin on Earth for a 99.9%-speed-of-light rocket ride to the star Rigel, which 775 light-years away from Earth. He traveled there and back to Earth for a total of 25 and a half years, thus reaching the age of 50 and a half by the time he gets back home, only to find that, for people on Earth, 1800 years have already passed, and his twin, who's suppose to be as old as him, was already long dead. It is not because he got himself sucked by a black hole to be sent years to the future during his trip, but because the speed of the rocket ride allowed him to age slower than his twin.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/einstein/hotsciencetwin/

ouch that almost made my brain hurt lol almost ur right tho earthwormjim on paper TT is possible but the physical implications for time travel have yet to be established.

and god has nothing to do with this. besides what would "god" have to gain from preventing humans from time travel?

Edited by SaiyanPrideFilms

OK, since there weren't any new posts within the last two weeks, I'll close the topic for now. If there' are any news on the possibilty of TT, I'll just let you know.

Build your own time machine and screw up history featured on Instructables

SPOILER:
sarcasm

The tattoo on the old man version of himself didn't look worn or stretched (which is what happens to tattoos as you age) so I think it's fake.

And I bet there would be fashion changes in 40 years. Although... yeah, old people tend to wear what they used to wear in youth, don't they? Oh I don't know, could be his father. But it's fun. I mean, there are time traveling DeLoreans, Phone Booths, Toilets, Police Boxes, but this one is a kitchen sink.

it would amazing if we could time travel. But think about it, if humans gained access to time travel, we would destroy ourselves. No matter how durable the fabric of time is, we would be going back to save all of our loved ones. constantly going back to change what was wrong with the world so it would make us happier in the present. But think about this. I go back to save my granddad from being killed in WW2. and because he lived, all the people he would have killed in the war would've lived too. And they would kill others. And then those peoples families would go back and try to fix it so their relatives didn't die, further screwing up time, or even possibly interfering with what I had done to save my grandfather. We would have a Civil Time War. people going fighting amongst each other all while trying to save their loved ones.The entire fabric of time would be in turmoil. People would be dying, and them brought back to life, only to be killed in more gruesome ways.

And if the general public didn't have it, who would? And who's to say the person who created would be responsible with it? Doc Brown? Him I'd trust. The Doctor? Him too. The government? Hell No... Doesn't matter what country you're from. You government has the ability to time travel and we're all screwed. No way they'd use it responsibly. Some dude building it in his garage in bumf**k ohio? Probably not him either. Humans are too self involved to be trusted with Time travel. It'd only be after we'd f**ked things up beyond repair that we would be like, "Oh crap, maybe I shouldn't have done that. We need to regulate this thing."

And on the subject of God, doesn't matter what religion you are, the only reason he/she/it/them would let us have time travel was if he was gonna use it as a test like the apple tree in the garden of eden. And guess what? WE'D FAIL MISERABLY!!! It's not our fault necessarily, it's how we're built. Curiousity killed the Human, you know what I mean. We can't help ourselves. And now I'm done ranting. continue with your poll.

Yeah, what he said.

if things started going wrong if they ever invent time travel the trick is time travel back and kill the guy who invented time travel then all of the problems get solved (well the ones caused by corrupt governments)

That would probably invert the universe and give every resident of it implosive diarrhoea.

Did you not listen, if there was ever a way to cause a paradox, time traveling to kill the inventor of time travel would be it.

I bet we were not listening, since personally I can't do it with my eyes...

if there was ever a way to cause a paradox, time traveling to kill the inventor of time travel would be it.

The thing is, if we've proven time travel, there's definitely NO way to cause a paradox, so there's no need to worry that in real life. :P

Like what you've said in your previous post, you can do anything with time travel. We can destroy ourselves or save ourselves without f*cking the universe up like in Sci-Fi (time travel with paradoxes stays only in Sci-Fi). Though there would be no universal consequence in abusing this ability, don't expect to be human consequence-free, too.

Sign in to follow this