:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
CJ O'Hummer

Time Travels possible within the next 50 years?

Will Time Travels be possible until 2060?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes
    • Who Knows
    • No

I know you are strictly against the idea of paradox, but as i was saying, yeah you can really f**k with time and do almost anything but if ever there was a way to cause a paradox killing the inventor of time travel before he invented it by time traveling to that time, that'd be the way to do it...

And I get why it works this way, but since we're on the subject of time travel being possible, i thought i'd bring up what's bugging me. Somebody could say time travel could be possible in the next 50 years. But then somebody else could argue, if it will where is the evidence of it's invention? Certianly if somebody will invent Time travel they'd come back in time in change things...

And then another person could argue that since we;re not the ones time traveling, we wouldn't notice any of the effects of someone time traveling because we moving naturally along the time stream. Or somebody could argue that the reason we don't see anything happening is because time travel hasn't been invented yet and therefore what happens with the time traveler couldn't effect the past because you never know what the future might hold. Time travel has to be actually be being used in the present to noticeably affect the past. But then someone might argue that this worlds time stream is set with or without time travel and what will happen has already happened and we just don't notice it because the world changed and we changed with it. Of course then you start getting into parallel universe theory, where for every decision we make splinters another universe into creation and because of this one could argue that every universe has it's own destiny because no two universes can be the same. So what happens here is what was always meant to happen and will be always happen the way it is going to. Therefore, if Time travel is possible within the next 50 years, then an opposing idea to the ones above is that there could time travelers all around us messing with time already but we don't notice them because what the do is already part of this universe's future and past and present and any changes that are made were supposed to be made. And us, moving along with the time stream at a normal pace don't feel any changes because it is changed around us and with us...

Sorry for the rant, but it helps to get things out of my head occasionally... you know?

I changed my mind... Angelo's and Seer's posts will cause the universe to invert and cause all of its residents implosive diarrhoea.

Wasn't there a theory a few years ago that you couldn't time travel by yourself, but using high powered lasers and mirrors we could "Call" the future? But you could only call to a time in the future and they could only call back to that time from the future.

Damn History Channel making me remember theories.

The mirrors and lasers were used in Sci-Fi a few times, but as a fully functional time machine. The only examples I remember are in Doctor Who, in the Something of the Daleks episode, during Sylvester McCoy era, and in the Turn Left, pre-finale of the 4th series. But in the latter the mirrors were apparently used to interface with the dying TARDIS, and that in turn did the job.

No. I doubt will even be able to figure out how to reach light speed in the next 500 years, forget time travel in 50.

No. I doubt will even be able to figure out how to reach light speed in the next 500 years, forget time travel in 50.

If you really believe that you should read the 3001: The Final Odyssey (2001: A Space Odyssey series). It's 1000 years in the future and humans still haven't found a way to travel faster than the speed of light. They are still stuck within the confines of the solar system.

werent the mirrors in turn left used to show donna the thing on her back?

They then sent her to 2007 with it.

I'm getting headaches here.... i read all you're theories etc....

And i think some people are right! That some people are already messing up with time but that we don't notice that! And i'm all for the theories of Luikseer and Angelo!

But just imaginen that the theories of BTTF are true! Actually Luikseer is tottaly right then! People would already be messing up with time bescause nobody noticed in Alternative 1985 that something was wrong!

Beside that all the changes that where made by Marty in 1955 and had effect in 1985, nobody had noticed that. So there you have it. And i hope that i'm right. :P

abracadabra thats how it works like magic, i like the harry potter theory where you can go back by a certain amount of time and you can not go forwards in time and you are not aloaded to be seen by your past self

I know you are strictly against the idea of paradox

All scientists who are working their a** out to prove time travel are strictly against the idea of paradox. :P I got the idea (or theory or whatever) that paradox and time travel shouldn't go together from them.

To answer this thread's question, we can't really be sure when time travel will be proven, but if you guys are talking about human time travel, I'm not sure if 50 years would be enough for that, even if scientists are that too dedicated to waste the rest of their lives researching and working on it.

Sign in to follow this