:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
marty007

Some s**t about the weather

you realise the bible uses a whole lot of symbolism and metaphors. not to mention every story in it is word of mouth and while it was being written was open to manipulation.

never take anything in the bible literally. EVER. its like beleiving what old cigarette ads say. "DOCTORS RECCOMEND CAMEL CIGARETTES" when in actual fact doctors would reccomend NO cigarettes.

and the word dragon can mean a number of things. it seems that in most of those cases its simply used as a collective term for large animals or as a derogatry sort of name given to bad people or dark places.

if you HAVE to beleive in the bible, beleive what your science teachers (not christian science teachers but REAL science teachers) tell you first and the bible second.

personally i see no reason to beleive a bunch of stories made up by high ranking officials and priests who used them to scare people into doing (or more often NOT doing) specific things, for example where the bible says eating shellfish is a sin against god. obviously what happened is some shellfish somwhere got infected with some sort of virus or fungus and started making people sick, so the bigwigs got together and said "right lets tall everyone that god did it so theyll stop eating shellfish so they wont get sick"

and the parts about how beating your wife is a good thing are obviously written b a bunch of men who liked the way society was developing into a male dominated environment and wanted to keep it that way

Well to tell you the truth I think the bible even mentions such a beast. I believe the bible fully. Of course I have questions but the book is about having faith in Christ and His Father and the Creation. I don't mean to preach to anyone and I'm sorry if I offend people. Anyways give me some time to find the passage about the dragon. I know it's in Psalms somewhere. It mentions a behemoth that leaves water boiling and villages in flames in its wake.

*Edit* Well I didn't find EXACTLY what I was looking for but in the Bible, Dragons are mentioned:

Deuteronomy 32:33 their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps.

Job 30:29 I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.

Psalms 44:19 Though thou hast sore broken us in the place of dragons, and covered us with the shadow of death.

Psalms 74:13 Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters.

Psalms 148:7 ΒΆ Praise the LORD from the earth, ye dragons, and all deeps:

*EDIT (AGAIN)*

Well maybe this is how the modern day dragon came about. Now it could be a dinosaur gone telephone game as the stories are passed down from generation to generation. Turning possibly from a simple dinosaur in to the flying cold-blooded, fire breathing, troublesome monsters that they are today.

Damn, Nerdman f**ked up the Bible as well with his gibberish English. :'(

you realise the bible uses a whole lot of symbolism and metaphors. not to mention every story in it is word of mouth and while it was being written was open to manipulation.

never take anything in the bible literally. EVER. its like beleiving what old cigarette ads say. "DOCTORS RECCOMEND CAMEL CIGARETTES" when in actual fact doctors would reccomend NO cigarettes.

and the word dragon can mean a number of things. it seems that in most of those cases its simply used as a collective term for large animals or as a derogatry sort of name given to bad people or dark places.

if you HAVE to beleive in the bible, beleive what your science teachers (not christian science teachers but REAL science teachers) tell you first and the bible second.

personally i see no reason to beleive a bunch of stories made up by high ranking officials and priests who used them to scare people into doing (or more often NOT doing) specific things, for example where the bible says eating shellfish is a sin against god. obviously what happened is some shellfish somwhere got infected with some sort of virus or fungus and started making people sick, so the bigwigs got together and said "right lets tall everyone that god did it so theyll stop eating shellfish so they wont get sick"

and the parts about how beating your wife is a good thing are obviously written b a bunch of men who liked the way society was developing into a male dominated environment and wanted to keep it that way

I'm not going to start a fight so you believe what you want, I'll believe what I want and we will leave it at that.

True. Most of the stuff in the bible are symbolism and metaphors like the Book of Genesis (which most Christians and atheists take seriously in their never-ending debate). But I really don't see DK taking those passages seriously like he believes dragons exist.

Also not all Christian science teachers are like what you think they are. ALL of my science teachers in our Catholic high school are evolutionists, and they 100% believe on EVERYTHING science says, theoretical or non-theoretical, which is the reason why I laugh at creationists who argue that I have a very unbiblical view and I fall for what they call mind-washing tricks. Next time someone argues I'm no Christian all because I just believe evolution is true, though it is true I'm no longer a true Christian anymore (nor an atheist; I still believe in God and Christ in some way), I'm going to respond: "Go tell that, too, to the REST OF US. I'm NOT alone." or something like that lol.

And DK has a point. We should respect what others believe, atheist or believer. I really don't know why those Christians/creationists at YouTube still are against my "change of mind" about my own religion. As TRUE Christians, as what they've described themselves, shouldn't they know the meaning of "respect" than any of us?

Also the fact that the bible that most people are familiar with is the King James version, which was written 1611 and then somewhat revised in 1769. So of course there would be a lot of symbolism and metaphors, since they were strong literary tools of that time. Try reading some Shakespeare and see how many metaphors and symbolism is in there.

i think whee alot of people trip with is created the world in 6 days, but at one point the word day meant age and an age can be a very long span of time which leads me to believe that it was just describing what alot of people belive today

Honestly I believe the Bible has lost it's true Form. I do believe dragons once existed maybe not in the form of what we made them look like (I.E. Komodo Dragon which is still living, however endangered) Back to the bible thing, the original TRUE story was "Lost In Translation". But I do believe in Christ full heartidly

You can spook horses here on earth, just stay out of their field of vision and make loud noises :lol:

*WARNING* This will probably result in a hoof to the face!

i said house not horse

i might haunt buckingham palace

Why would you haunt those places if you would die cuz of the armageddon.

Honestly I believe the Bible has lost it's true Form. I do believe dragons once existed maybe not in the form of what we made them look like (I.E. Komodo Dragon which is still living, however endangered) Back to the bible thing, the original TRUE story was "Lost In Translation". But I do believe in Christ full heartidly

so basically you're saying you like to think there were large lizards that wandered around england and the people made up a bunch of exaggerated stories about them involving fire breathing and flight etc.

i suppose thats fair.

one more thing. when you say "But I do believe in Christ full heartidly" what do you mean? you beleive he existed? or he was some sort of human incarnation of a deity?

dont get me wrong, its a proven fact that there was an israeli man around somwhere between 100 BC and 100 AD and his name WAS Jesus (pronounced HEH-ZUS) and he was considered some sort of a prophet by the people around at the time.

so other than that what do you actually MEAN by "But I do believe in Christ full heartidly"

im not trying to p**s you off, im just trying to get what you mean

Ah, miracles, that old chestnut...

right, numerΓ© uno.

Miracles, I don't believe in magic. But I do believe in miracles, coincidence etc, or example most of the time someone does win the lottery, even though over here it's 14000000 to 1, right one hell of a coincidence.

Anyway these "miracles", I think that again with the metaphors, they would be to do with some other meaning, take one example, water to wine.

Israel and other such places have a hot dry climate, and alcohol dehydrates you, even though at the time the alcohol would have been very weak, it would have still contained alcohol; in the story of water to wine, it's like some party going on right, I can't quite remember... ok they would have had water and thought "sh*t, this is meant to be a party, I want to have some good f*cking drink."

Jesus turns up, wise guy ok, bloody wise man, tells 'em all "Listen, you're in a bloody desert, wouldn't water be better than wine?"

So all the party-goers treat the water with the same notion as wine, because they don't wanna get dehydrated at a party :P

Feed the 5000 time.

Jesus has a bit of food and thinks "bloody hell how am I gonna feed this lot?"

so he passes a bit round to everyone, and they all notice that he's sharing a few fish and a couple of loaves of bread, which is basicly like a what, 2-3 man meal?

All these people see this example and start sharing what little food they have, even if it's like half a loaf of bread, they're gonna think "well I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" so all these people, with a little bit of food, end up sharing a teeny bit of everything with everyone, yeah they're not gonna get a feast out of it, but everyone's had pretty much at least a couple of bites to eat, so for the time being they're satisfied.

Oh btw I believe in God entirely, he's one cunning moh-focker, it's all like a massive game of solitaire in my opinion, this ineffable "game of chess" with heaven and hell and all that, imo it's just God playing a solitaire game really, you can't ever be entirely sure what cards you're dealt.

Back to the bible thing, the original TRUE story was "Lost In Translation". But I do believe in Christ full heartidly

This is true. It's like the Arthurian legends -- the generations that passed it to the other and altered it in the process make them no longer original. The 12th century king now looks like a king from a much later century, because apparently 12th century aren't made up of castles and s**t, or was it the other way around?

Jesus has a bit of food and thinks "bloody hell how am I gonna feed this lot?"

so he passes a bit round to everyone, and they all notice that he's sharing a few fish and a couple of loaves of bread, which is basicly like a what, 2-3 man meal?

All these people see this example and start sharing what little food they have, even if it's like half a loaf of bread, they're gonna think "well I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" so all these people, with a little bit of food, end up sharing a teeny bit of everything with everyone, yeah they're not gonna get a feast out of it, but everyone's had pretty much at least a couple of bites to eat, so for the time being they're satisfied.

This story actually tells of Jesus having the people to share what seems to be a limited amount of fish and loaves of bread. They didn't just took a small bite, because even that won't be enough to feed the hundreds/thousands of people that were out there lol, but it was as though each had the same amount of fish and loaves themselves. This was the miracle here.

*shrugs* meh, it's all about personal interpretation really, so yeah I understand your point. I'm just one of those logical/insane thinkers.

Could of been like Jesus on South Park.

"Ok now I'll do one of my miracles. Turn around, Turn around." Then the audience turns around and he pulls a sh*t load of fish and bread from underneath the table.

That's not time travel. That's relativity my dear friend. For example, if you go the speed of light you experience time more slowly than the rest of the universe, and some people like to call it a form of time travel. But it isn't, it's just relativity.

Edited by Joe Statler

i agree with evilraptor about the jesus miracles. i think he was just one smart mofo.

and angelo remember that numbers in the bile are GREATLY exaggerated. or under exaggerated

as for beleiving in god, as i said in the spillover. as far as im concerned there is no omnipotent higher intelligence that is responsible for everything we know. there is no higher power that watches us and has the ability to punish or reward us for our actions AND the big bang was no the beginning of the universe.

i beleive in 3 things. space, matter and energy

"But EWJ what about time? dont you beleive in that?"

ah you see time is a man made theory, not an actual thing that can be manipulated.

ANYWHO!

these are my personal laws of the universe

LAW 1: Everything is made of matter except energy

LAW 2: Everything is controlled by energy

LAW 3: Everything occupies space

LAW 4: Space is infinite, in both size AND age

LAW 5: Existence has no beginning and will have no end

i've thought about this extensively and figure these 5 laws to be completely unbreakable by any means.

if you have to call somthing god then Infinite space is god.

thank you and goodnight

Why dragons can't exist: A spined creature can only have 4 limbs. While dragons are usually depicted to have 6 (4 legs and 2 wings). The only creatures that come close to a dragon are those small lizards, which can fly to short distances, kind of like an Archeopteriks.

ewj the big bang is the begining of the universe the evidence is the static on you tv (the echo radiation from the big bang) and the universe imploading is not an ending its meerly the universe recycling itself and restarting with a big bang. (what if we had this conversation before and the universe rebooted)

AS HUMANS, we think that there should be a reason why there's life and why we are here, but that's simply just our highly-evolved brain telling us that there are. We are evolved to become social beings and curious people, thus we think everything have what we call a purpose. This is all for sake of the survival of our race, and that's also how religion began. Religion actually saved us back in the old times. It's simply evolution doing its job.

I admit that someday in the far future, religions will be things of the past -- I'm just one of many who begin to turn away from religion, so I know there'll be more in the future -- but always note that atheists, no matter how many times they say "God doesn't exist", can NEVER deny the possibility of a God. There is no evidence that He exists AND He doesn't exist (but we can be sure the religions' versions of God doesn't exist). That also means, because of all I've learned, I'm neither a (100%) Christian, nor an atheist.

And I'm not saying the future is going to be filled with atheists. They're going to be filled with more open-minded curious people who will be working hard to unveil the REAL truth in the world out there despite our human limitations. I also admit that someday, there might be a much better "religion" we can ALL agree in, and this ain't going to be considered a belief, nor even simply a fact. It's going to be considered a law.

As for the universe having a beginning and existence being limitless, there are just as many evidences to prove that Big Bang happened and that the "universe has expanded from a primordial hot and dense initial condition at some finite time in the past, and continues to expand to this day" as evolution, or if not more.

And as for the dragons thing, we lack evidences whatsoever that fire-breathing dragons existed or never existed in the times of our human ancestors. What is intriguing and interesting is that Civilization A and Civilization B began believing on the same creature WAY BEFORE A learned about the existence of B or vice versa or a person from either one went migrating to another, which actually expanded the idea of dragons even further, not starting it in either civilization. If they did exist, our religion/superstition-driven ancestors wiping out their very existence, every single piece of it, all because they fear that even a gram of dragon skin means bad luck doesn't sound like a stupid idea to think why there are no evidences today of them existing before.