:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Windows 7 Beta - Anyone downloaded it?

I did. I tested it days/weeks ago. :P

Windows 7 was nice. It's the most PC-friendly next-gen OS so far.

I'll give it a second try, since my friends and even my fellow HeavenLynx team members don't believe that I had Windows 7 Beta.

Note for those who will try (I'm posting this just in case since I've bumped to a lot of people complaining they had problems with the beta):

You'll need technical skills to use this OS, as the page suggests. If you're a noob at doing technical stuff like installing/fixing drivers yourself, or you can't handle a buggy/glitchy operating system yourself (*cough* Vista *cough*), or your PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements (I bet most of us here do meet the requirements), or you don't want to waste time burning an install DVD and/or reinstalling back your original OS, I advice not to try it and just wait for the official release of the final version.

But if you're really planning to get it, be sure you have MS Silverlight installed (I think), an empty/unused DVD where you'll burn the ISO to to create the install DVD, and a Live/MSN account, and take note of the product key that will be shown to you in the Win7's download page because this will be required later on to activate the OS. Also, if you're using Mozilla Firefox or other browsers, this is the time you'll need to use good old Internet Explorer (with Java applet installed) to download the ISO. You may also want to back-up your files before installation (I require a tough back-up program, like Acronis True Image, or the original recovery disk of your PC).

This beta expires on August.

That must have been the pre beta, Milestone 2?

What's it like, worth the download?

Look at my post above and see if it's worth the download.

Look at my post above and see if it's worth the download.

Looking at it I'll take it as a yes. I don't mind fiddling with drivers etc to get them working.

Used it . It isnt much diffrent from vista imo. Vista + New theme = windows 7.

just installed it. Degrag's been upgraded. So has UAC, which now has 4 settings instead of 2, so you can get better security without the annoying popups ^^;

taskbar's better arranged then in vista. It shows all applications down there running, and if theres multiple instances of it, just hover over it and it'll pop up all the instances of it running. No more name either, so a lot more room down there then before. Still checking it out ^^

I like it, fast, clean, simple, very nice. I didn't even have to install with a DVD either, thank you Dameonware.

Downloading now: Will report back later; It will be an edit of course :P

EDIT: Edited, pwned!

Edited by Indiana Jones

Nah, they changed that...just google it :P I lost the link, but I gave it to blue, maybe he/she has it :)....

Edited by Indiana Jones

Lol, that never happened to me...

But I tried it, all I had to to was install some sound drivers and that's it. I probably had to update ATi drivers but all I had to do was install the Vista ones and worked awesomely..

That happened to me last night, it wouldn't let me download it through IE despite repeated attempts. I installed FF to see if that made any difference and the download started instantly :S

I installed FF to see if that made any difference and the download started instantly :S

Firefox? I tried FireFox too, but nothing happens when I click on the Download button.

But the download worked on both browsers before. I'm not sure why it can't anymore.

Btw, if you had it before, why did you delete it? :huh: Or were you downloading a different version? 32/64 bit

It's good, I'll post my tut which is at GTAF on how to install IV in Windows 7, school's blocked GTAF sadly

It's good, I'll post my tut which is at GTAF on how to install IV in Windows 7, school's blocked GTAF sadly

I would think most people installing a Windows beta would be able to install it without a tutorial, unless they are complete retards.

Sign in to follow this