:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Mike

GTA IV for PC - Who has it?

No, it's nt because of that, it's because R* were too lazy to programme it properly

Yeah... R* always is... If you look closely at GTA:VC you can even find old GTAIII content. And I'm sure that you also can find GTAIII content in GTA:SA :o

Figures! I can just about play it with the settings on low, however if i'm driving on the highway it's like watching a slideshow!

:D *rofl*

I think it can.......it's better than SA.......

Now this answer is... uhmmm... wrong.

Look at GTAIII and GTA:VC. In GTAIII you have the subway and this train above the streets. In GTA:VC you don't have any.

Tried, the drivers wont install for me, perils of owning a Dell I'm afraid.

It's not only in the PC. The version of Windows you're using also have something to do with the performance.

When the system requirements mentioned "Windows Vista" as a recommended requirement, a fellow forum member from another forums tried testing GTA4 on a Vista rig and an XP rig, both having exactly the same specs, hoping to know which is better in running GTA4.

Just as many anti-Vista dudes feared: According to his numerously-repeated and very accurate tests, GTA4 ran better (in terms of graphics quality and speed) in Windows Vista Service Pack 1 than in Windows XP Service Pack 3. He believes that DirectX 10 and other of Vista's performance-enhancing features have something to do with the difference in performance.

This is also good news to my little bro :lol:. For those Vista users out there, don't really expect you'll be able to play GTA4 nicely. Those "performance-enhancing features" of Vista only work in their full potential on PCs with exceptional specs. If your PC doesn't happen to have those exceptional specs, DirectX 10 can only be the one to help you play GTA4 well.

I'd rather use Linux as my sole operating system than that bloated piece of make like a tree, and get outta here.

I'd rather use Linux as my sole operating system than that bloated piece of make like a tree, and get outta here.

You mean how the pc looks here?

pc_mac.jpg

They did that on purpose to get people mad and buy vista.

They didn't. DirectX 10 has different features, architecture, etc. from DirectX 9. If they make DirectX 10 compatible for XP, this will require them to alter most of XP's features by having them share Vista's features. It will like giving out 70% of a copy of Windows Vista for free. Also, a DirectX 10 update would serve as a thing to be included in a Service Pack, so in short Windows Vista would turn out worse than it really did if they found out Windows XP Service Pack 3/4 works almost the same as Vista in terms of gaming/video/audio performance.

The free-for-download DirectX 10 hacks in the internet made by programmers for XP people are incomplete. Even though it will add support for DirectX 10 graphics cards and make stuff (a bit) better for those who own such cards, the performance for those who don't have these cards will still be the same.

Doesn't matter. It still forces you to buy Vista. It was Microsoft's only trump card to make a DX version only work on one OS.

Doesn't matter. It still forces you to buy Vista. It was Microsoft's only trump card to make a DX version only work on one OS.

MS isn't really forcing people to buy Vista just because of DirectX 10. 10 was actually intended to be a DirectX9 update until they found out that a DirectX 10 update is too much for Windows XP 'cause it will require many major system alterations. It won't only cost them time and money, but also their efforts of making their OS's more secure and reliable.

A DX10 update may rise more OS-related problems in XP such as compatibility and pre-installed programs, especially driver software, no longer working. Plus, hackers may really find out how DX10 work if they make it an update, and if they do, Windows XP will be more vulnerable to viruses, spywares and hacks than it is right now. Windows XP's reputation will be ruined than Vista is right now all because you wanted to play kicka** games like GTA4, and we'll all think more than we do right now that MS's destroying its precious Windows XP to force us to buy Vista.

This is one big butterfly effect MS simply avoided by making it Vista-exclusive, convincing game developers to keep their games both DirectX 9 and 10 compatible until MS stop giving support to XP by giving out a more detailed free-for-download DirectX SDK, and create Service Pack 3 to show that they're still concerned with Windows XP and its users. Rewriting DirectX 10 would also be a good idea, but who would want to waste years of development?

I just got it.

And it won't install.

:mellow:

Just got it, too, but I won't be playing it 'till after classes on Wednesday, which is the last day of classes this year. I've still got studying to do for the examinations.

Damn it........I just get back from a wedding ceremony and went to the CD store and guess what........GTA IV's price was expensive.........of course some of you may think it is not expensive cause you're currency is in dollar or something and it is expensive here......... <_<

See my avatar.........that explains my feelings..........

Edited by JohnyMan :P

Just looked at the imgs. They are organized better. You'll have:

vehicles.img

weapons.img

radar.img

one for the maps. and I forgot the rest. I am at my father's.

Guest chevron8669

I got a copy yesterday and it's awesome, very tiny amount of lag at times considering my pc specs I'm surprised that there is even that amount of lag but I was warned it lags on even high end computers but I wanted to play it any ways:P

edit -

incase your wondering my specs are.

Windows Vista home premium 32bit

Core 2 duo 2.00ghz

4gig of 800mhz DDR 2 Ram

ATI Radeon Sapphire HD4870 512mb

Edited by chevron8669

Guest chevron8669
How many DVD's does the game come in?

And it takes some time to install:P

they must be dual layer DVDs huh... I wonder if and/or when they'll release the pc version on Blueray.

I guess the Bluray-rom is like the DVD-rom when it first started out, no one released their games on dvd until a year or two after the drive came out (Which I'm pretty sure showed up around the same time as the Intel Pentium II processor)