Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

Grand Theft Auto 5 Announced!

As far as GTAIV is concerned the game was very buggy, in the same way as GTAIII was initially on the PC. The campaign was interesting just not as humorous as prevous GTA titles (something they rectified with BoGT).

A combined SA and VC Would be awesome although it would have to be a long plane ride between them as one is fictional west coast (based on california) and the other is fictional east coast (Miami, florida). They could be on the same map it just may be a little wierd.

Funny how a lot of people from other sites like CVG.com suggested Rockstar may just implement a real city for the first time, which will be Los Angeles, while not having thought about Los Angeles' GTA counterpart, Los Santos.

Angelo, I guess you misunderstand the point of those people: as far as I understand it, they want Rockstar to COMPLETELY REBUILD Los Angeles and to even CALL it LA. That's the difference to Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas.

By the way: Vice City mas modeled to look similar to Miami Vice.

Liberty City (especially the new one) is a model similar to NY.

everyone on this forum is so easily pleased and takes the greatest of offense when someone happens to disagree.

Easily pleased? Pfft. I immediately uninstalled GTA IV after finishing the story and doing a few of silly stuff. Then went back. Even if I can do a lot of, I still feel unsatisfied without mods to 'warp' the game to what I wish it to be. :P

I agree with the registration part. It may likely be for 'authorization' purposes, to confirm that you're using a legit copy by checking your serial number online. In fact, last time I checked those who tried to pirate GTA IV found out the only way to successfully crack the game is to hack the Rockstar Games Social Club app.

But for the graphics part, no, I don't think GTA IV is mostly about the graphics. Nor even the weird rag doll physics. As a GTA game, it has lots to offer in terms of gameplay.

Angelo, I guess you misunderstand the point of those people: as far as I understand it, they want Rockstar to COMPLETELY REBUILD Los Angeles and to even CALL it LA. That's the difference to Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas.

Well indeed rebuilding would be awesome, no doubt they will if it is gonna be based from Los Angeles, but I currently don't see a good reason of naming it the same as the real-world city it will be based from. Rockstar has long been making up their own names for their cities, to better fictionalize and parody them with pop-culture and other media references -- just as Houser said, "Grand Theft Auto is America when viewed/filtered purely through advertising and movies." :lol:

A bit of realism would be cool, but naming it "LA" would be breaking off from that tradition. I say "Los Santos" will be a more likely name as the San Andreas city was after all based from Los Angeles.

As for Las Venturas and San Fierro, I'm not sure with that. Adding the Las Vegas and San Francisco-based cities may mean a lot of work for this game. I say a larger revamped Los Santos with its surrounding countryside would be enough. But then we have the game's former codename "Rush" which sounds like a reference to San Francisco, so I could be wrong.

So it's either Los Santos with countryside, or San Fierro with countryside ("Rush" codename), or Las Venturas with countryside (the banknote-looking "V"), or the entire San Andreas, or an entirely different city/state. Either way, though, let's hope it's gonna be an awesome map.

Btw, "Miami Vice" is a TV series. Both the GTA game and the TV series are based from Miami, Florida. :P

Few hours to go I believe I don't know what Time Zone for release

Guess you can't read.

Why do I have to sign up for multiplayer bulls**t when I don't care about that kind of thing? No. Rockstar literally made it MANDATORY to sign up for their s**tty multiplayer club just to even install it.

That is bulls**t. Remember when you could install a GTA game regardless of your status to the internet?

GTA IV was hype. All graphics with none of the fun. Boooooooooooooring. But I forgot, everyone on this forum is so easily pleased and takes the greatest of offense when someone happens to disagree.

Off-Topic :

I'm sorry, man but you can't tell that a game sucks just because of the MP ... I know that it's boring to install GTA IV, but the game itself rocks ( I mean the story and the gameplay ). You can't judge a game just because of it's install or of it's Multiplayer mode because the MP mode in that kind of game is just an "extra" feature...

Back to the topic :

The trailer is coming out in 6 hours and I'll be doing my exams ...

My reaction :

Meh, I was never a big fan of Vice City.

I didn't like Vice City too much because it is that flat. Liberty City at least features tunnels and more taller buildings. Then I also like the railway above ground, you can walk around in it but have to be careful not to run into the train :).

With the pattern in the V and that banner saying "five" (does that thing have a special name?) over it I agree with others that it reminds a lot of a bank note, but what could that mean regaring the content of the game?

It might be interesting to know more about that banner-thingie, maybe it's been mainly used in a certain time.

Yeah, this note looks somewhat alike:

5%20dollar%20bill%20indian%20on%20face.JPG

I can't wait now, lol.. I'm a little disappointed in the city... San Andreas was literally just before Grand Theft Auto 4... I would have found it better for it to be Vice City..

Where does it say San Andreas? The licence plates are unreadable, and if you can read it, screenshot it!

Other than that, there is no proof that it includes the whole of SA.

There is also the fact that the SA could just be a cameo of the previous game set there.

Pics Or It Didn't Happen

The huge mountain in the trailer could be Mt Chiliad...and that was part of SF not LS in San andreas. And those oil things could be in the LV desert....and yeah, it looks like Tommy Vercetti

We don't see the main character.. but he sound like Tommy Vercetti... And the fact that the deleted Introduction to San Andreas mentions Tommy moving to San Andreas... I think it's a possibility it could be him. However, he was voiced by Ray Liotta (GoodFellas) in Vice City and he did it for the money... I don't know if he'd voice him again... But they sound similar.

And I said based in Los Santso AND THE SURROUNDING REGIONS THAT APPEARED IN SAN ANDREAS :P

That would p**s ME OFF!!! While they're at it... make the game unable to 100% complete without the DLCs that are sold for 15 USD a pop...

good trailer looks like vc in the beginning though.... also i was just loling at the first page of this thread

When I saw the first couple of seconds, I tought, Vice City, but when I say Mount Chillad, I new it was SA.

I'am realy happy with this, I dont like the flat Vice City, VC is nothing more then 2 flat human created islands. I dont say I would not buy that game if it was Vice City, bicose I also would like to see what they had done with Vice City.

Bob

I hope Tommy is main character, mix of both games :D

f**k YEAH! BACK TO SAN ANDREAS!!! :w00tdance: :w00tdance: :w00tdance: :w00tdance:

Back to the past! GTA V graphics kinda look like GTA IV no?

Sign in to follow this