Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TheCoolest2

Time traveler 1928

What in the world, a lady in 1928, with a cell phone, what is going on?

http://technolog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/...-1928?gt1=43001

Who is she talking to, maybe other time travelers, they probably stole doc's flux capacitor :P

Great Scott! They've caused a time paradox! :o

honestly, I think thiss could actually be a time traveler. but maybe it's not a cell phone, I think it could be an advanced walky talky of some sort.

If it's from a Chaplin's movie, then that's impossible. Y'see, Charlie there was a perfectionist, he could make 20 takes of the same scene, where everything had to be perfectly the same as scripted. He would not allow just some person to appear in the shot without backing his or her appearance up, OR Charlie Chaplin knew that those devices would come around in 60 years.

for a minute lets just say this is real how can she talk on a cell phone without any cell towers or satellites without 80s technology? so i would say this is fake.

Edited by Doc-Holliday-

If we assume it's real, it doesn't mean she has to be from 2010. Maybe in future they use cell phones that don't need cell towers or satellites to connect to each other.

Even if it was real (which it isn't), in a cell phone limited age, there wouldn't be much conversation to be had on such a phone. :shifty:

And without any signals or service providers (as everyone has pointed out), if she had a time traveling buddy, it would be still be completely useless to try and use them.

I have a solution for the "missing cell tower problem", it's called radio. After all there also are/maybe were radios that you use similar to a phone: hold it at your ear to listen.

Portable radios came in 1970s...

@ People who said who are they gonna call on cell phones, hello, OTHER TIME TRAVELERS

Hello yourself, clueless.

They wouldn't do much good without service providers. You can't just take two cellphones out in the middle of nowhere (in the past no less) and think they'll talk to each other.

Edited by The Black Swordsman

Unless they had some more advanced devices, as I mentioned before.

Because people are dumb and not really creative? They'll still be making cell-phone like devices in future, there should be screen somewhere, or if they make it a holographic UI-like... Err.. I say if it's real, she's from 2050 or so.

Why wouldn't they, there from the future I'm sure they have service things on there phones I agree with RG

Not really. I believe that it is a device of some sort to help hearing, at least Gizmodo's comments suggest so. I am trying to make up ways of it being real, not believing it actually is.

Oh, some posts didn't load for me, I guess. No problem.

Sign in to follow this