:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

what franchise do you think has lost it's touch?

Please post any franchise you think has lost it's touch. Whether it be a fast-food chain, clothing line, or video game character, please post it here!

I think the Super Mario Bros. franchise has seriously lost it's touch. It has gone from classic jumping on enemies and collecting few power-ups, to carrying weapons in a complex 3-D environment. Where have the classic elements that put the Super Mario Bros. on the map gone? Between the 2-D side-scrolling map to simple puzzles, this franchise has taken the turn for the worst. But that's just my opinion.

You're right DK. SMB has gone downhill. I think another one would be Sonic. I used to love Sonic, right up until SEGA died... Although I con't really give any good reason why, but I just can't stand Sonic the way he is now...

Sonic. Knight Rider. Ermmmm... Youtube?

eBay. Toyota, Star Wars goes a bit too far with the expanded universe.

All in all some of these "losses" are actually advancements, but they have to be made carefully.

Edited by iMaster

Nokia (I guess Mark will be happy about this one)

Google (It was a simple search engine few years back, now you can't even login to mail account without Google trying to offer it's s**t to you)

CSI TV Series

Edited by RG

Google is the second biggest company in the world, behind Wal-Mart! ;)

Wal-Mart, thats another franchise thats lost its touch the employees used to be polite to u and help u find something, but nowadays they rather step on ur face den look at ya.

Edited by SaiyanPrideFilms

@RG: yes, but I thought that was a little too obvious. I still have an old Nokia as a spare in case my iPhone dies, but the newer ones are not worth the money.

Yeah, well, they aren't as good as they were before, but saying that all of them are crap, or simply saying that Nokia sucks, is wrong.

No the best was the phone every had coz you couldnt get rid of was the Nokia 3310/30 with the express-on covers. If yours ever broke then at least 5 people would offer you a spare one they had knocking around.

I agree about are so called government its poo are local councel decided to built a multmillion pound FOOT bridge but couldnt affound 20 grand to keep the rat problem at bay!!!

i remeber the nokia my brother used to have (a old one) we smashed it up, dropped it in water, put it under a car wheel and it still worked after all that. now it is ontop of a church roof. i wonder does it still work after a year of being there?

@Dave27, I still say the 6310i is the best, those things are indestructable. Give me that over some poncy changable covers anyday.

I totally digged the one that was for rock climbing (forgot its name). That particular Nokia could survive a fall from a third story, being washed in a washing machine and being chewed on by a cat :P

i disagree with the comments about super mario brothers. SMB Wii and SMB DS are really well made and stick to the original formula reasonably closely.

tell you what has gone downhill, the simpsons. somthing about the newer episodes is just not right and not nearly as funny

@Mike I think i had on e of those 6310's till the center button joystick thing broke.

There was an orange n black rubber cased nokia that was odd.

Yeah the newer simpsons stuff sucks. I wasnt a fan of the recent movie either. Saying that there was a pointless attempt to resurrect the X-files with their movie that was ok.

5210?

Yeah, that's the one!

Smallville. They don't know what th- *boom* to do with the show anymore. 10 episodes (out of the 13 aired) of season 9 are horrible, but WB won't cancel it, cause it's the only show that people watch on CW.

Edited by archer9234

I used to love Sonic, right up until SEGA died...

Sonic has already gone downhill after Sonic Adventure 2. Ever since, it went WAY downhill. Little improvements, mostly failures. Games from Sonic Heroes up to Sonic Unleashed sucked (the latter is a good game, but not close enough to being a decent Sonic game). Seeing the Sonic Advanced as being better than the 3D Sonic games makes me think Sega is stuck in the old-gen 2D age. I've seen and played other of Sega's recent 3D games, and they either sucked really bad or are too simple.

I'm currently a fan of the OLD Sonic, for the sake of those who are wondering, or for those who who've mistaken me as a fan of the gay Sonic. I wish Sega brings the old REAL Sonic back in "Project Needlemouse" (a new Sonic game; Sega's desperate attempt to bring back Sonic to prominence, hopefully)

Star Wars goes a bit too far with the expanded universe.

Most of the Expanded Universe are unofficial and/or non-canonical, so you can't really blame it all to George Lucas for keeping the franchise alive. You can, however, blame him for the Force Unleashed multimedia project, which is still ongoing (a sequel to the TFU game is currently being developed). As a fan, you'd know a good reason for Lucas in keeping the project going -- the mainstream/canonical Jedi and Sith were never shown using the Force at its full potential before, and the fans were never given the chance to have the TRUE feeling of what's like being a Sith/Jedi.

tell you what has gone downhill, the simpsons. somthing about the newer episodes is just not right and not nearly as funny

I'm glad I'm still seeing its old episodes. My country's broadcasting companies for some reason can't afford the new episodes.

Wal-Mart, thats another franchise thats lost its touch the employees used to be polite to u and help u find something, but nowadays they rather step on ur face den look at ya.

Hi, welcome to Wal-Mart. Get your sh*t and get out.

Hi, welcome to Wal-Mart. Get your sh*t and get out.

Hey, where's "Have a nice day?" And they're calling it a good service..

I rather thought it improved. Used to look like a dump, but now it looks better. At least where I live.

And since I'm not a fan of customer service and more of a look everywhere, I don't notice that.

Sign in to follow this