Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Site Issues

So I'm not sure if it matters, but this site is compatible on all browsers, right? I got on here last night with IE and the menu stuff at the top was all out of whack (no other way to describe it...) even after refreshing... But maybe that could have been my internet. Oh well it was just something I wanted to test, so back to FF for me.

It's doing it for FF too. But I've already told him that on 2 separate occasions. It's a problem with the Site Skin loading. With the server being so slow, it's probably not loading it correctly at certain times (which would only last several seconds at the most).

Edited by Joe Statler

Slows down dramatically during evenings on Mac versions of Safari, Chrome, Chromium, Opera and FF.

I don't know whether it's site problem, but it loads too much background. Like half the page is actual posts & stuff, while other half is just the background (like in SpillOver's shoutbox)

Capture-2.png

This happens randomly.

Also, the site throws me back to main page when trying to add a post.

This was kinda MiniMe's fault(at least he said so), but it's still funny to see army of Mini-Me's

Capture-1.png

Edited by RG

Sometimes the shouts are being posted in an hour after you actually hit enter.

Euhm Mike, In Google Chrome the site sometimes gives a page wich only says: IFP error. And when I refresh it does the same. And when I do it again it's back to normal. But then the IFP error appears in the top of the shoutbox. I just wanted to say that issue. :P

I don't know whether it's site problem, but it loads too much background. Like half the page is actual posts & stuff, while other half is just the background (like in SpillOver's shoutbox)

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm41/fu...8/Capture-2.png

This happens randomly.

Happens when page has big pictures to load that are resized when page is loaded fully. Like the site isn't deleting the space those big pics took before resizing. Eg. Mark's LEGO thread

Well the Vice city coding section is "closed" for some reason

At least I can't make topics.

That's not an issue, Mike did that.

You REALLY don't wanna know.

You guys are no fun.

Also, the site throws me back to main page when trying to add a post.

This was kinda MiniMe's fault(at least he said so), but it's still funny to see army of Mini-Me's

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm41/fu...8/Capture-1.png

This, as I already stated, is when the server is too slow to answer the AJAX queries of the browser. The browser then start new until it gets an answer and then comletes the open requests the same way, adding each set of shouts per request, so in this case many of me.

So this only happens when the server tends to be slow again.

This, as I already stated, is when the server is too slow to answer the AJAX queries of the browser. The browser then start new until it gets an answer and then comletes the open requests the same way, adding each set of shouts per request, so in this case many of me.

So this only happens when the server tends to be slow again.

Multiple Mini-Mes?

How very...4th dimensional.

Edited by danmeister

Didn't even load for 2 hours for me.

According to the Server tech's, it is the bttfhillvalley which is generating excessive load on the server, we have 24 hours to reduce the load or the account will be suspended.

Sign in to follow this