Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Site Issues

It's a whole other site, so you need to register. But I always thought you can access the shoutbox without loggin in/registering.. :huh:

kthx rg

EDIT: hopefully what mike does to the site will help, i just keep scratching my head over it, i mean, has this happened before?

Edited by SaiyanPrideFilms

This reminds me of our university's website. During enrollment week when we usually log-in to the website for an online reservation, the website goes extremely slow because their servers go overload by the thousands of students logging-in.

The thing is, we don't have thousands of users. We have 20-30 regular members, and maybe a similar number in guests, so at best about 60 simultaneous users.

well ya think it being a college's website they would have a good server to handle all the students but i guess not. if there is one thing that grinds my gears(thx peter griffin) its a slow site.

Maybe someone has one of those atttacks on the server?

That seems to be the most logical to me, since the most traffic/CPU load consuming things we have is the flash chat and the shoutbox. And I doubt they create that much traffic/CPU load.

Does the server have firewalls or anything? Something to trace back the incoming requests?

Why not? MM detected one a couple of months ago.

I'm sure the tech guys would of realized that it was a DDoS attack like last time

I don't think it is a DDoS attack proton

Hold on, since when did you start calling me Doctor?

EDIT: Sorry, I meant Proton XD

Edited by iMaster

You shouldn't know I used to be called Proton.

You shouldn't know I used to be called Proton.

Why? I was around when you were called Kid Proton or whatever

I... don't remember you, sorry.

Ri-i-ight, silly me.

Hm, the problem with clear traffic stats is that we use IPB :D. It runs a lot under one file (index.php) with parameters. Awstats only logs the file, so we can't clearly say what exactly causes the most traffic.

The IP with the most traffic is from Ford Edward/New York, at least.

Excessive amount of traffic. Hmm, perhaps I should lay off the crack (I mean board) for awhile. XD

Off-server Chat room? IRC?

I had made a test IRC room for the mod during the DDoSing fiasco but after two days no one ever signed on. So I said the hell with it. It's mainly because not enough people know how to use IRC, or have an IRC client for that matter.

Edited by Joe Statler

Here's a question, instead of using flash chat, would a java chat app that connects you to an IRC channel have less problems with CPU overload?

Edited by Joe Statler

If the IRC server/chan is running somewhere else, yes.

Sign in to follow this