Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
SaiyanPrideFilms

Ghostbusters: Is It Possible?

ok people this topic is for any feedback concerning if u think that some of the things from the ghostbusters films could actually work? Proton Packs, ghost traps etc leeme me know what ya think

Oooooooh, wait for Mark to storm this topic.. Oh you don't know who is Mark? You'll notice if he comes.

Personally, I don't believe in ghosts, so the whole GB topic is only a scifi and nothing more.

dude, he made his own proton pack water gun. If that's not major fandom I don't know what is. <_<

Although I totally think that a 500 foot tall MARSHMALLOW MAN is possible. Just wouldn't walk around and try to destroy sh*t.

Edited by Joe Statler

There is such thing as ghosts and there is such thing as Ectoplasm! But the whole proton pack and trap and the ghost storage system is utter bollocks ;)

There no ghost, atleast not ghost like in GB. So my awnser. Nope, It won't be possible because there no such ghost as in that movie.

we dont know that for real thats why this up just probing the question its not asking are ghosts real because of course they are just asking could someone make a real working Neutrona Wand

Just, please, don't make this into a ''are ghosts real?'' war topic like the ''if you had a time machine'' has become.. :blink:

I was pointing at EMO actually, he has some kind of problems with others opinions, but yeah, sorry for going offtopic. Keep on!

Thats only because some ignorant person introduced religion into the mix <_<

But anyway, it is posible to fire particles, its used in science all the time but to fire enough particles to make a beam in the film would be pointless cause you wouldn't see it they move so fast and added to the fact it would probably create one hell of a mess, making ghosts of us all :lol:

Ghosts are a... concentration of negative psyschokinetic energy moving in 4 dimensions. Theoretically the Proton Pack creates a loop with the help of the proton positive charging, this is the problem though, since we can't split the atom yet. It is known that the movement of ghosts can be suspended by high voltage laser grids, which require enourmous power. Negative energy can be detected using an EMF meter, and the marshmallow man would collapse under its own weight.

And my water gun works utilizing a 12v power unit, connected to truck heating pumps, which create a stream about 25 feet long.

Edited by iMaster

Like I said - ghosts are negative, Proton streams are positive, that's how the wrangling shown in the movies is possible. It's a magnetic lasso.

Theoretically - yes. And no, the packs are not nuclear.

Edited by iMaster

I always thought that if the Ghostbusters weren't able to defeat the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man the people of the city of New York would ban together and start eating him, to destroy him. Of course I'm leaving out Zool but I'm trying to concentrate on the Marshmallow Man.

really i used to think when i was a kid 'mmmmm i bet that marshmallow man tastes goooood' and when they roasted him i was like 'yay, cooked marshmallow' lol

Edited by SaiyanPrideFilms

Theoretically - yes. And no, the packs are not nuclear.

Why worry? Each one of us is wearing an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back.

First of all, Venkman does not know how that stuff works, secondly - each shot would cause a noticeable amount of hairloss, if they WERE.

just because theres a nuclear reactor inside the pack doesnt mean that the radiation would escape and begin to affect the people nearby (or as the case may be the people wearing the packs) the reactor is simply used to power everything else, the beams arent irradiated as everyone knows.

and besides im pretty sure it was ray or egon not venkman that said they were wearing unlicensed nuclear reactors.

theoretically i guess the technology IS possible, but first were going to have to.. you know actually DISCOVER wether or not ghosts are real and even if we do who says their going to work in the same way as the ghosts in ghostbusters? because if they dont then the proton packs and traps etc would be rendered completely pointless.

so short answer, yes i guess so but theres little to no point in it, and you would probably kill yourself in the process

First of all, I understand that it's science fiction, but it was established in EGB that the packs were not nuclear, until the version 2 of the equipment.