Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
SaiyanPrideFilms

Ghostbusters: Is It Possible?

when was extreme ghostbusters canon? he says theyr nuclear in the movie, is that not enough?

I could have sworn that Egon says in GB II that each pack has a cell life of over 5000 years. Could that be a reference to 4 nuclear rods that spun up by the cyclotron to create the highly charged proton streams? I mean, it even says in the game the pack has to vent the 4 nuclear power rods so they don't overheat and cause a core meltdown. If you do over heat, the rods are shown, proving nuclear acceleration.

It is actually a Cyclotron, particle accelerator, they are not nuclear.

They accelerate particles until the said reach needed density, that's all. And it could be one of those nifty self replicating organic powersources we're waiting for so much.

I could have sworn that Egon says in GB II that each pack has a cell life of over 5000 years.

your right, Egon did say that but what he said actually was

"...Should, power cells have a half-life a Five-Thousand Years"

It is actually a Cyclotron, particle accelerator, they are not nuclear.

They accelerate particles until the said reach needed density, that's all. And it could be one of those nifty self replicating organic powersources we're waiting for so much.

But that still doesn't answer the fact that in the game we saw Nuclear Carbon Rods. <_<

Why do you think they are nuclear?

If they are, why do they become filled with slime in the SB MkII mode?

because its a video game and the creators put little to know thought into the real life operations of the equipment as they just need it to look pretty and movie accurate....

There is no signification that they are nuclear except for Venkman's remark. Or it could be PARTIALLY nuclear.

Why do you think they are nuclear?

If they are, why do they become filled with slime in the SB MkII mode?

The power cells could have been filled with Slime as a secondary cooler as the cells aren't used in that mode so they can overheat when not having power sent to them. Instead of making the pack keep running a cooling mode for the cells, they are surrounded by the slime as a coolant.

Perhaps.

As far as I understood the "Nuclear" they mentioned could also mean "Atomic", since apparently the pack splits the Atom into Protons and Electrons, dumping the later somewhere. The Protons are then fired and seen as the orange stream, neutrons are seen as the electric beam that runs around it. The true nature of the pack has only been explored in the Real Ghostbusters, and there were lots of plotholes :P

That's the problem with Ghostbusters, 3 different ways to look and believe. There's the simple nuclear way of the movies, the Atomic way of The Real Ghostbusters, and then the canisters of whatever that was in The Extreme Ghostbusters. I say Ghostbusters 3 should explain it once and for all!

Agreed.

There is a canonical continuation in production.

dont be surprised if they dont explain it. normal people dont actually care how the proton packs work and the director of the third movie probably wont either

dont be surprised if they dont explain it. normal people dont actually care how the proton packs work and the director of the third movie probably wont either

Isn't the original director, Ivan Reitman, doing this one agian? I could be wrong, but I thought I saw that on GBfans.com.

If I was him I wouldn't. But taking in account the popularity of the game, probably he will.

Isn't the original director, Ivan Reitman, doing this one again? I could be wrong, but I thought I saw that on GBfans.com.

If he wasn't directing it, then it wouldn't be a Ghostbusters film, besides i don't think Harold Ramis, Bill Murrey, Dan Akroyd or Ernie Hudson would come back for another one if Ivan won't do it, but like iMaster said due to the fame of the game :P he would best do it or angry nintendo nerds would be at his doorstep :lol: but anyways back at the ranch, when(and if)it does come out i hope it will be able to do as well as its predecessors.

I have been wondering about the plot tho...I doubt the movie would be like the game, cuz that would be redundant, but back on earth, they should explain how the packs work because alot of people(and i mean alot)want to know how they work, and a Third movie would be perfect to explain how.

But, we won't know until(and if)it comes out.