Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Back to the Future SA Mini Mod 0.1.3.1

yeah i figured.sorry to sound ignorant but i didnt see that in this thread.

i also figured that. :P say, how do you guys make those fancy exe's for your mods? people say mine are complex to install so that would be handy.

Blue, might I slap him?

no time train? i thought i saw elsewhere that it would be included. excuse me again if i'm being ignorant. :P

@Trancelikestate:

"Ok, game plan is, up to Doc's truck and before the trains"

This means versions above 0.4.0 would have the train. :P

0.2.1: BTTF1 and BTTF3 Deloreans Time Travel

O_O Can't wait for that version. BTTF3 on SA tracks would be awesome.

I left out the trains, because I don't know whether I want to do the rogers train for the complete bttf3 delorean experience, or do the jvt for the time train experience, and if 0.2f is out at that point or not

look i did install a fresh copy of gta sa i am admin. on my pc i rebuilt the archive i did everything i was supposed to i get the gta sa logo like the normal games gives u when u start the game i get the main menu i even clicked new game it started to load and it froze while the thingy liberty city airport 1992 thingy is barely visible what am i doing wrong my pc is fast enough to play its better than fast what can i do!?

look i did install a fresh copy of gta sa i am admin. on my pc i rebuilt the archive i did everything i was supposed to i get the gta sa logo like the normal games gives u when u start the game i get the main menu i even clicked new game it started to load and it froze while the thingy liberty city airport 1992 thingy is barely visible what am i doing wrong my pc is fast enough to play its better than fast what can i do!?

if your using ver 2 of SA you may need to replace your exe after you run the patch. thats what i do. cleo 3 crashes ver 2 sometimes.

if your using ver 2 of SA you may need to replace your exe after you run the patch. thats what i do. cleo 3 crashes ver 2 sometimes.

what u mean replace exe? replace with what?

say, how do you guys make those fancy exe's for your mods? people say mine are complex to install so that would be handy.
Yep, what Blue said, if you are a newbie, download NSIS 2.45 and also HM NIS Edit (you can use a wizard on this to create your installer)

I haven't seen the code for the new installer.

:lol: I never bothered to send it to you since you said you hated making the installer :P

As for the automation, ask Mike.

Or me since I worked that out :P.

@Trancelikestate:

The installer already automatically does the exe replacement :P.

ok, already used that before, isn't that hard...

The only hard thing is we need to know some sound editor that knows what for *whatever these numbers are called* we need to use ;).

Wasn't sure where to ask this , and i'm fairly new only found these mods about a month or so back also i know nothing about coding or the limits you can take the game ,but is there a mod to add more realistic time circuits like the ones you use at the top of this page or any plans to work on them. I don't want to seem ungrateful as i do appreciate all the work you guys do i just wanted to know is all.

That would be regarding either sa or vc.

Edited by Sandman

Sorry, but I don't really get what you mean with more realistic time circuits.

What is more realistic at the TCs here on the web then in the game?

Maybe he means the frame around the digits, but that would be lame, the panel would take up like 1/8 of screen

But how about moving the TC to right-bottom corner, right above the speedometer? :lol: I guess it isn't that hard to do it, but it's enough hard for me XD

I see Mini-Me needs to know the Bank Numbers for SAAT.. Seeing as that I ported the sounds over to SA in the first place I feel that I'd be my place to answer...

Anyway, I shall make a guide of the things that you'd need to change.

Bank_006 - The hover Delorean sounds

Bank_031 - The idle sounds for the Delorean

Bank_032 - The accelerating/final gear sounds for the Delorean

Bank_076 - The loading menu music

[bank_054 - The menu sounds (I just changed them on mine)]

And that's it..

Note:

Mike, I made a small mistake on the part where you have to edit gta_sa.exe. When you're editing what engine sounds the cars should use, the "Power off" thing needs to be 6 numbers ahead of the IDLE ENGINE bank number. So, in this case, the "Power On" thing would be 38 and "Power Off" would be 37.

But how about moving the TC to right-bottom corner, right above the speedometer? :lol: I guess it isn't that hard to do it, but it's enough hard for me XD

Blue experimented with different positions way back when he first announced it as a feature for 0.2c. The position it's in now, is the best position.

I agree.

@fishy:

No, I meant this stuff:

[Bank_031]

num_sounds = 2

sound_001.filename = Bank_031\sound_001.wav

sound_001.sample_rate = 17924

sound_001.unknown_16 = 0

sound_001.unknown_32 = 0

sound_002.filename = Bank_031\sound_002.wav

sound_002.sample_rate = 18000

sound_002.unknown_16 = 100

sound_002.unknown_32 = 0

yep it was the frames ,maybe somthing like this probably a diffrent size or position ,i mean it will only be on screen when time traveling i have no idea like i said i aint no coder wouldn't know the first thing just thought with the other stuff your doing something like that would of been easy guess not.

Maybe even have it slightly opaque ?

Tc

aint got a clue what im doin!

http://img11.imageshack.us/i/25663177.png/

and sa

http://img401.imageshack.us/i/time2n.jpg/

Edited by Sandman