Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Back to the Future SA Mini Mod 0.1.3.1

Sorry, but it's not possible, at least not in VC, dunno about SA.

Well never mind i did mean for either vc or sa ,but it's all good anyway just thought id ask.

not that it is funny, but that version appears in RC mode

Edited by Dany

yeah unfortunatly i still usually experience a crash after about 5 mins.

and i usually play with a usb controller and my handbrake on the controller only makes the vents flash instead of when u actually push the spacebar and it works.

Edited by Trancelikestate

just posting this up to say i got gta sa bttf mod 1.3.1 to work as it turns out i did not delete the compatibility files(im a vista user) in the gta sa folder after the fresh install and was reading the old bttf mod files so im good and it rocks love the conversion animation great job again cant wait for the 1.3.2 keep it up guys w00t

yeah unfortunatly i still usually experience a crash after about 5 mins.

and i usually play with a usb controller and my handbrake on the controller only makes the vents flash instead of when u actually push the spacebar and it works.

oops, forgot to change that. Oh well, lol.

Just tried testing the mod. Sadly, it crashes whether I try switching to fly mode and doing all else related to spawning models. The only things that work are the DeLorean spawn and time travel. It might be the copy of SA I'm using right -- just copied and pasted it from my network drive, with 20+ CLEO scripts and some custom models installed -- so I'm gonna go for a fresh install...wherever my installer DVD is right now.

yeah, i would only use the enclosed cleos also as those tend to create crashes when u have extras installed.

Never mind. I have all CLEOs removed then did a reinstall. It works great now.

The hover conversion is almost perfect in this version of the mod. The switching between models is hardly noticeable compared to VC (where the Tommy-popping-out-of-the-car and car-disappearing-and-popping-back-in-for-a-second-stuff occur lol)

Tried tests like making the game lag, and no crashes fortunately. The coil glows are simple and nice, so I'm fine with that, but for the wormhole, however, it NEEDS some improvement/change, but does look fine in all views except for the back view.

The only thing wrong with the hover conversion animation as far as I can see, is the fact the wheels are stupidly bright at night.

I would say have it switch, since it would make all of the model match after conversion.

However, I know you wanted to try and avoid having too many model switches going on, so it's up to you.

Besides, when you change, the wheels will change brightness anyway.

True, I just figured it would be best to see that momentarily rather than all the time.

All this mod needs are the cutscene time travel and the sparks effects, and it would be as fun as the VC version. At the moment, it's all just changing time or driving a flying car kind of stuff.

You can escape police via time traveling (I think), but having it with instant time travel ain't as fun as seeing those police shocked by a DeLorean suddenly disappearing to thin air and leaving only a pair of fire trails behind. The slower version of the DeLorean in this mod does, however, give more "kick" or challenge or thrill to the police chases.

Speaking of which, is it possible to have a police chase on air, like having police helicopters gunning you down or military jets firing rockets at 'ya? The DeLorean in flying mode is after all considered and identified as an aircraft by the game. I'm not sure 'cause I haven't tried it yet.

acceleration in vc's really unrealistic.

I actually had to change the conversion from m/s to mph in VC to be more forgiving. Like if you were going 88mph, the actual speed was closer to 100mph if you actually measured it with some device that doesn't exist in the VC virtual world.

SA's acceleration is better and more realistic, so the conversion is equal. 88mph = 88mph.

I think I timed the 0-60 to be like 3-4 seconds or something like that. Understandable, since the handling is still decidedly a Ford GT-40 (Bullet).

To answer your question, I had a military jet fire at me, as well as area 51. Both times, I just time traveled so they wouldn't hit. Kinda funny too, since the Delorean apparently has an RWR that warns of an incoming missle.

So the rockets being fired at you do disappear when you time travel (at air or ground)?

lol @ RWR. Doc must have installed it in there just in case. :lol:

lol @ RWR. Doc must have installed it in there just in case. :lol:

Doc always was one step further in his thoughts, except when he wanted to go 25 years into the future without additional plutonium, :lol:.