Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Jay

My map

TBH I didn't like any of the second Island, apart from the long road that you could race down but that was about it. ;)

Don't you remember the first Skyway I did, I removed all of the airport but kept the land!

You could do the same, when I was doing something for the competition, I removed the second terminal building across from the army base, its big enough for the HV square. You could do the same and you wouldn't need a new bit of land to put it on, so it wouldn't cause instability issues :D

yeah but I don't want to move the square because the game might crash if you try to do the lightning mission...:(

anyway...update:

map3.jpg

map4.jpg

map5.jpg

Edited by Jay

Do you want a "twin pines mall"? In my opinion there's no need to make it...The map should be the smallest possible, and I'm afraid it's already a bit big as you can see in this pic:

map7.jpg

O.o

Edited by Jay

It's going to take a lot of space and make the game more unstable

what you do is you make it as a separate add-on... So that people who want to do reenactments can, and people who don't give a sh*t (like me) can just play with the map your making without the risk of losing stability.

I hope this one isn't already unstable >_> I used so many parts from the the golf island =O

well hopefully with the lowered poly's on the vehicles, maybe it will be somewhat stable with 0.2f. Compared to evilraptor's in 0.2e I mean.

Edited by Joe Statler

Some points for you:

• The ligtning run is coded to that location. If you moved the square the effects and destination point will remain at the same spot; I doubt that will cause the game to crash.
  • The code of the army base still is in the scm I think. So even if you remove the base you will get in trouble with the guys.
  • As well as the lighning run, the clock is coded to a specific spot, moving the clocktower wont move it as well.

Exactly! Plus, you don't have to put the twin Pines Mall on the little island, you could convert/fence off a part of the airport (its big enough), so that its still close by, but not effect anything. :P

wouldnt it use cords so its simple to change the cords over to the stadium area?

and jay try using a bit of land from the docks area to fill the gap.

Yeah, but rotating around a pivot not central to the subject you're trying to change the coordinates of is a s**t load harder than moving it, and for example the clock hands would be difficult and time consuming to move to a different location, take Jay's original map for instance, his courthouse is 90 degrees anticlockwise to the one in my map, and therefore movement will not be the only factor, but rotation will be aswell.

@Jay: The army base idea, of removing it, not a difficult remnant to remove; those army fellas, you could just as easily remove them as move them to another part of vice city. Since they're technically a gang, the code for them is in the same place as the Haitians, Golfers and Cubans and Street-Wannabes.

It'll be apparant which is the army as their weapon set will be M4s.

Dunno if you want to consider this option, that way rotations might not be an issue with the clock and such, and it removes portions of the map without stability issues (maybe). The only pitfall is that you'd have to get rid of the army and the vehicle spawns, but they aren't hard :P

Yeah I was thinking on removing the base or some part of the airport. But i'm not good with coding :S

After some sleep I'm back to work. I've added some houses

map8.jpg

and Docks

map9.jpg

Edited by Jay

couldnt you import some models from sa and make twin pines ranch, you get barns there and even farm land?

I'm trying to do something the simplest possible, besides, I don't know how to import models from SA. I don't know anything, I just move objects around xD

Deja Vu.. :P Looks very similar to the one of the old ones. Looks cool :thumbs:

Thanks ^^ BTW, the yellow mansion could be like Doc's mansion and the stage next to it, Doc's garage xD

Preview of Doc's garage:

BTW didn't any of you modeled the table with the mini town square?

Well if you are interested here's the download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?omgzynkiedt

-Make sure you have installed the latest update with evilraptor's map removed

-Extract

-Replace the maps folder with the maps folder xD

Edited by Mini-Me
Fixed video url

I was thinking maybe it was supposed to be Hill Valley High School or something

Sign in to follow this