Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Jay

My map

Well I'm going to make my old map from the hill valley contest again ( I lost the files). Since it was smaller than Evilraptors one maybe it should be more stable in 0.2e. At least I was able to find progress pics of the map

hillvalleyisland30.jpg

hillvalleyisland13.jpg

What do you guys think of the location? And more important, should I really do it again? xD

It's not going to be as fun as evilraptors one because it's smaller... =/ and btw if you didnt notice, I need to remove the stadium, but that shouldn't be a problem...I hope

Edited by Jay

I'd say yes but can you not wait until 0.2f before doing it?

Because;

1, It will have the better HV with LODs

2, because of '1', you may have to remove some other parts of VC to make it more stable, due the them being highter quality. (you could make a Poll to suggest which parts of VC can be sacrificed to make way for HV mini-map-mod).

:P

hummmmmmm you're right xD but since I'm so bored I'll do it now and when 0.2 f is released =P

couldnt it be made for 0.2e then updated upon 0.2f?

Maybe, I dunno O.o I have no problem in do it again after, as long as I have time =P

It could be as long as Jay doesn't place anything around the Square.

The new one is biggar, the old one by Nightshade was out of scale quite badly, like he'd never even seen the movie! :lol:

Which means Jay would have to line up the roads differently, the new roads are angled and not straight unlike Nightshades 90Deg roads. So when 0.2f came out he'd have to do it all again anyway, so it would be a waste of time, and effort.

Thats the whole reason I stopped with the Skyway, firstly being HV was removed from 0.2e and the fact that I thought 0.3 was next, and that all the map pieces were being removed/replaced. And now 0.2f's coming out, is it going to be in the same place? Just too many things to consider! ;)

Edited by Orgcon

But 0.2f isn't going to be released anytime soon I think...So right now Im downloading vice city xD

The answer is most likely no because it isn't fair to evilraptor. He won the competition and the deal was his map would be in all releases till .3. SO the answer is no. As a separate thing yes but only as that.

Fine by me. I didnt ask for it to be on 0.2f :P Although I got to say that it wasn't really Evilraptor the one who won, well yes and no. It wasn't his original map, it was my modified version of his map that won. His version was even more unstable than the one that won, and the buildings were mostly out of place, but still it was better than my original one (the one I'm planing to do again)

Edited by Jay

DK, with regards to evils map...

http://www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk/forum/inde...p?showtopic=897

Update July 23 2009: The town square portion of the map will still be included, and will feature a simple road allowing you to travel to/from it. (Just like the latest 0.2e update)

We're not playing that game again, it just causes too many instability issues. That's not to say evil or Jay can't release their version as an add-on, but it won't be in the main release.

Anyway....UPDATE:

Stadium removed xD

map1.jpg

update 2:

map2.jpg

Edited by Jay

Oh yeah I forgot about that! =/ sorry :(

Hummm if you can find a better place, maybe I'll move it ;)

edit: hum I could use the place where the current map is....

edit 2: looks like the clocktower that I moved to where the stadium was, doesn't appear ingame...is that related to the lightning mission? O.o

Edited by Jay

Ok I moved my posts from the UFO topic to here but they weren't placed in the right spot for some reason so the posts are above :P

Change of plans, I'm going to use the current map location. Question: Does anyone here like the army base? xD

YEAH! *dances like Doc in the firetrails*

Edited by hscitpe

Sign in to follow this