Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Xtreme Gamer

BTTF Question

In BTTF 1 after Marty gave the letter to Doc, In 1985 he knew marty visited him in 1955.

In BTTF 2 Marty didn't knew that he visited himself.

And he should know because after he returned back to 1985 from 1885 he lived his life normally until 2015 and he should remember.

Tell me what is do you think is the right BTTF 1 / BTTF 2.

After Marty returned back in 1985, his future got erased, because "the future isn't written yet". And.. I don't get your point :huh:

Edited by -RG-

Marty didn't know he visited himself because in that year of 2015 his hand was messed up and when he got back from 1885 and arrived in 1985 he stopped that from happening, so basically the 2015 era that marty, jennifer and doc visited didn't actually exist...

:lol: ppl who don't understand future/past paradox theories FAIL!

I know what he's saying...I think. Marty gave Doc the letter in 1955, which means that, since the ripple effect passed, then during the first time travel exp. Doc knew he would "die" and played dead until the DeLorean vanished, so it wouldn't create a paradox. And if Old Marty saw Young Marty it wouldn't create a paradox because Old Marty would remember it happening from his memmories of being 17 years old, like Old Marty knew it would happen. However, with that being said it raises the question, why did Old Jennifer pass out when she saw her 17 year old counterpart?

And I don't want to be a jackass and start a new topic so I'll post this here.

I think Marty can comprehend the fourth dimension just fine as evidanced by the lines

Doc: Well that's all in the Past

Marty: You mean the Future

Doc: Whatever!

and

Doc: See you in the Future

Marty: You mean the Past

Doc: Exactly!

With that being said, I never really got why Marty didn't get the fact that he wouldn't crash into the Indians or fall off of a not yet completed bridge. Just my two cents.

Edited by hscitpe

Doc knew he would "die" and played dead until the DeLorean vanished, so it wouldn't create a paradox.

Sorry, you're wrong at THAT part.

Bullet proof vests can kind of "backfire" knocking them out temporarily.

When Doc got shot, he fell down, and got "knocked out".

So he didn't really play dead.

I'm making a big deal out of this, am I?

I know what he's saying...I think. Marty gave Doc the letter in 1955, which means that, since the ripple effect passed, then during the first time travel exp. Doc knew he would "die" and played dead until the DeLorean vanished, so it wouldn't create a paradox. And if Old Marty saw Young Marty it wouldn't create a paradox because Old Marty would remember it happening from his memmories of being 17 years old, like Old Marty knew it would happen. However, with that being said it raises the question, why did Old Jennifer pass out when she saw her 17 year old counterpart?

I happen to agree that Doc knew the whole time but not the extenuating circumstances obviously given how vague Marty was in the letter... And yes I agree with Flux Capacitor... He would be knocked out for a long time and in a lot of pain... given the amount of shots and the close proximity...

But when it comes to future Marty remembering, He would remember the first time experiment and getting stuck in 1955. But because young marty is traveling into "a" future Old Marty wont remember because Old Marty is Marty up until Doc, Marty, and Jennifer took off into the sky... Everytime you look at the future, it changes because you looked at it... And that changes everything else... So everything Marty, Jennifer, and Doc did in the future, Everything they learned consciously or subconsciously, changed that future but it wont change while they're there because they're there... Which is why Old Marty doesnt remember young marty being there, and why Old Jennifer fainted when she saw young Jennifer. They dont remember it happening because for them, in this possible future, it hadn't happened for them...

And if you watch the deleted scene where Biff is erased from existence That shouldnt have happened, The moment he took the Time Machine to 1955 and changed the future, he should have been erased immediately. And even if he did manage to travel back to 2015... it would be 2015 Hell Valley... not where Doc was...

And BTTF HV Series leader, the whole thing with 1885, The trip back there and back to 1985 hadnt happened for young marty before then, so 2015 Marty wouldn't have remembered that...

Here's the real kicker though... in the second movie when Marty comes back again and enlists 1955 Doc's help to get back to 1885... because he's changed the past, that means that in 1985 it had had happened and in the first movie Doc shouldve known about all of this... And that Marty's biggest problem was the anger at being called a chicken... That's what broke his hand and ruined his life... That's what made his kid's lives miserable... Immediately after the first movie when doc travels to the future, I speculate that he saw what was wrong and decided to fix his friend's life... And decided to play a christmas carol with Marty... In a classical Doc fashion... Show him his future. Show him his past... Let him get a look at how his present his from a different perspective... Yes, Old Biff threw a monkey wrench into the works... And the lightning strike into 1885 couldnt have been planned, but I believe Doc found a way for it to work into his plan... He made Marty a better person by showing Marty himself...

Wow luikseer i can read you theory again and again and again... It's so awesome... and i belive is kinda right ^_^

And if you watch the deleted scene where Biff is erased from existence That shouldnt have happened, The moment he took the Time Machine to 1955 and changed the future, he should have been erased immediately. And even if he did manage to travel back to 2015... it would be 2015 Hell Valley... not where Doc was...

The reason why it took so long for Biff to disappear is because time is dynamic and not static like many people think. According to string theory (which was proposed around the same time as the release of BTTF 1), time is somewhat like a string. Let's say you pluck one end of the string (change the universe's timeline), the vibration of that string will have to travel from where it was plucked to the other end. Although, through our senses it seems almost instantaneous, it does take some time for the vibration to reach the other end of the string. I'm sorry but this is the easiest way I can explain it.

Edited by Joe Statler

Wow luikseer i can read you theory again and again and again... It's so awesome... and i belive is kinda right ^_^

It took me a whole 10 minutes to read and comprehend that gigantic post. However, it makes sense. Sort off..

Let's just say this... I have absolutely no life... And therefore too much free time...

The reason why it took so long for Biff to disappear is because time is dynamic and not static like many people think. According to string theory (which was proposed around the same time as the release of BTTF 1), time is somewhat like a string. Let's say you pluck one end of the string (change the universe's timeline), the vibration of that string will have to travel from where it was plucked to the other end. Although, through our senses it seems almost instantaneous, it does take some time for the vibration to reach the other end of the string. I'm sorry but this is the easiest way I can explain it.

I understand what your saying... But no one truly understand time travel because it isnt possible. However if it were I'm sure the rules wouldn't be set in stone... so you could be right...

Sign in to follow this