Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
BTTFTIME

Approved Fan Addons?

In the Downloads section, their should be a Approved Fan Addons section, where people can download fan addons approved by the team, or download the code with screenshots and a video tutorial, and even Delorean textures, and stuff, for people to have, but all MAIN scripts must be aprroved, and allowed.

This is just an idea.

I’ll just reiterate the fact we don’t allow modified main.scm’s to be released, but we do allow tutorials.

Plus KITT will probably not approve anything, unless it was made by the team listed on THE TEAM page.

That's not true. We did use a lot of the models that other people did for us. Main problem with Add on's with SCM code is when we do updates. We don't want to deal with potential bugs with other peoples coding.

Grand Theft Auto doesn't relate to BTTF.

No kidding sherlock!

tdf07st01no-sherlock.jpg

I thought we had some level of intelligence here, but since appears otherwise I'll try and break it down more for you:

1) We are trying to mod Vice City to recreate the BTTF Universe from the movies.

2) In doing so we have added pretty much every movie related feature that we possibly can (Some things are limited/impossible to achieve due to the vice city engine).

3) Adding in unneeded add-on features that don't offer anything to the mod is a complete waste of coding space.

Are we clear now?

i can probably make docs truck delorean go in/out

That's great, we can already do that.

But having the DeLorean spawn inside causes the truck to bounce all over the place while the animation sequence is playing, so in short, you can have the Del spawn inside, but it looks like crap.

try having it become an object when the delorean spawns inside (changes from a vechile to a simple static model)

Great idea....And only changed it when the animation is complete.. Wow..!!!

We should do BTTF related Addons, like an opening and closing Docs truck, we are eventually going to have it, so lets just make it an addon and get it over with.

We should do BTTF related Addons, like an opening and closing Docs truck, we are eventually going to have it, so lets just make it an addon and get it over with.

Good Idea.....

th_HDTest.jpg

Oh look at that it's already done, but it's buggy, hence why it didn't ship with 0.2e <_<

Then as an addon, don't use animation, when the animation bug is fixed we put it in 0.2f.

(Also, you should do something like the BTTF1 delorean, 3 parts:

Closed: The Closed Back

No Back: A empty back, just add the animation to the back

Open: The opened Back

Try that.)

Edited by BTTFTIME

If you want an opening/closing doc's truck (without animations) just use Mini-Me tutorial...

We are not adding add-on's to the download section here. End of story, so don't ask again.

Sign in to follow this