:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Dragon King

If the delorean didn't exist...

If the delorean didn't exist what vehicle do you think they would have used in BTTF? And what do you think it would have looked like?

The Bricklin didn't exist in the 1980s I think.

And if there was no DeLorean, BTTF would never exist, because the DeLorean has the interior for the flux capacitor.

well, not really, you should consider a few things, engine should be in back, just to give it the same feel. and you wand a lovable look, to encourage fans, it should "look" fast. even if it isn't.

like archer said, it couldv been ANY weird car from the 80s. they wouldnt have gone "oh oops the delorean doesnt exist better pick a car that looks similar so nobody will notice"

Well, the original script of the thing was a guy traveling in a refrigerator... Then Steven Spielberg stepped in and said otherwise...

But, yeah, it could've been any car..

they said the only reason they used the delorean was for the doors, and only one other cars at the time had gullwing doors, were the 1954 Mercedes-Benz 300SL, which would have been pointless to use, and the Bricklin SV-1, which i dotn think would have really had the same effect, but it is possible they could have used it

i have the limited edition bttf colection (complete with bonus disk!!) and they said to use the delorean because of the 'futreistic look' and because they wanted it to be cool, with style. the delorean fitted that at the time. they also said the 'frezzing' is because: we use cooling towers for normal neuclear reactors. the bttf1 was neuclear. this is where the freezing idea came from!!

That and because it goes through the wormhole and leaves the fire trails, the opposite is cold/frozen so it only makes sense.

lol, Steven Spielberg metioned that too, he said it would bee good for contrast goin in hot, comin out cold!!

Edited by edfake

you dont need to watch the bonus features to figure the goin in hot comin out cold thing. it seemed pretty obvious to me.

the original idea was a refrigerator for the timemachine,

so you would be driving around vice city in a refrigerator :lol::D

If they used a refrigerator for BTTF instead of a car, then the movie would have stunk and this mod wouldn't exist.