:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnyboy

The Mod at The DeLorean Car Show?

i can do mouse pads

Like Jim said, we can't do that do to Universal's rights with the BTTF Logo. However, could we make a banner with the mod logo?

I think we could do mouse pads of like the DeLorean time traveling, or the time train pushing the DeLorean in Vice City

Guest Ganapi

Instead of use the BTTF logo, write "Back To The Future" with the same blue, vice city stlile font of "Hill Valley".

Instead of use the BTTF logo, write "Back To The Future" with the same blue, vice city stlile font of "Hill Valley".

I could use this aswell.

gallery_2_10503.jpg

But I would need it to be big as possible, and it would need to be more finalized to look like a real GTA box art text image.

I could use this aswell.

But I would need it to be big as possible, and it would need to be more finalized to look like a real GTA box art text image.

If you want a bigger image you could always vectorize it and get a nice result similar to this...

(Blow up image to see true difference in raster vs. vector)

Also, incase you don't know, you can zoom in a vector image forever and it will never distort like a raster image (Vector is Basically infinite resolution as it works like the eye by seeing objects, not tiny squares.)

NewBitmapImage.jpg

Edited by raybob

If you want a bigger image you could always vectorize it and get a nice result similar to this...

(Blow up image to see true difference in raster vs. vector)

Also, incase you don't know, you can zoom in a vector image forever and it will never distort like a raster image (Vector is Basically infinite resolution as it works like the eye by seeing objects, not tiny squares.)

*srsly don't quote pics*

I know, but the problem is that the image needs to be refined, have the letters of BTTF put together, have the Hill Valley touched up, all of that and it will be good.

I know, but the problem is that the image needs to be refined, have the letters of BTTF put together, have the Hill Valley touched up, all of that and it will be good.

Just an example....

And after all that you should still get it vectorized.... B)

Edited by raybob

using the phrase "back to the future" still makes you liable to be sued because the name is copyrighted, same with the pictures of the train and the ttf delorean, theyr likenesses are trademark of universal. youll get financially destroyed

using the phrase "back to the future" still makes you liable to be sued because the name is copyrighted, same with the pictures of the train and the ttf delorean, theyr likenesses are trademark of universal. youll get financially destroyed

Why doesn't he take a try at getting permission from Universal?

Then how come this mod isn't shot straight out of the water?

cause universal probably doesnt know about it yet :P

because the mod isnt trying to make money directly of universal property.

it would be VERY expensive to get the rights to back to the future which is the only way you could get permission to go ahead with this little plan.

the best you could do is free information pamphlets and computers that have the mod on them for people to try. you really cant sell ANYTHING

because the mod isnt trying to make money directly of universal property.

it would be VERY expensive to get the rights to back to the future which is the only way you could get permission to go ahead with this little plan.

the best you could do is free information pamphlets and computers that have the mod on them for people to try. you really cant sell ANYTHING

Well, I will probably do that. I will also have a banner too, but I still need Mike's permission to make all of that.

your paranoid about mikes permission but didnt even think about universal untill i mentioned it....

jeezus

your paranoid about mikes permission but didnt even think about universal untill i mentioned it....

jeezus

Funny how that the big company I am not afraid, but the forum's admin is the main concern. Ah well, I will go with that GTA style one, and if Universal has any problems, I will direct them to the Mod leader.

if your not making any money than universal can't sue you for this and its a mod for an old game they can't even say that mikes making money off the forums because that money goes towards helping mike and the mod.

you should have the forums open aswell that way if universal want to ask any questions they can ask on the forums

Yeah, I will probably have one computer open for the demo. One for forum access, and then one running a trailer on a TV behind me.

just let me know what time its happening and ill make sure somthing IS said in the shoutbox :D

just let me know what time its happening and ill make sure somthing IS said in the shoutbox :D

lol, i can just imagine earthwormjim repeditavely typing:

lolololololol join the chat lololololololol

in the shout box

i wouldnt do that becuase im not a douche.

im an a**hole so theres a difference.

Though I think publicity is good for the mod, I don't really want Universal sending us a cease and desist order. Also since the website is registered to me, I think it would make me liable for any kind of claim....

Additionally as has already been mentioned, people going to a DeLorean car show would be more interested in the real thing rather than a computer generated version.

So to sum up, good idea, but I think we'd better give it a miss.