Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Evil Morning Operator

Epic fail in space time continuum

Hey, I'm sorry if this is mentioned before, if so just close the topic.

I found an Epic Fail in Back To The Future Part II(and the end of Part I).

Remember doc appearing with the delorean from the future on the street? Afcourse you guys do, it's common movie knowledge.

But here it comes: When they leave, Marty asks if doc shouldn't backup a little and then doc awnsers:"Roads, where we going we don't need roads."

Then how is it possible for him to timetravel through the street from 2015 to 1985 if there wasn't enough space in the first place?

!!!Epic Fail!!!

Edited by Evil Morning Operator

He probably landed at a fast speed and then turned on the time circuits, causing him to time travel instantaneously.

Exactly like when you drive over 88 and then turn on the time circuits in the mod.

True. The place may have been "renovated" to have a longer road. And before saying that "it's the future, they don't need roads", they still need them. Since cars can fly now, there are more strict rules and regulations to maintain safety in the neighborhood/city.

Who says that there isn't a road opposite of the Lyon Estates street, at least in future? Then, Doc would have enough space to reach 88 or just land at that speed and turn TCs on

I think Doc simply wanted to show off. And behind the car there was plenty of space to reach 88.

Here's the most logical:

Marty's house is close to the end of the street. Meaning if there's not enough room. However, on the other side there's PLENTY of room.

Or he could upgraded the car performance to reach 88 mph faster since he went to 2015 and converted his car.

I'm with MK. After all, you'd all also wonder how the DeLorean was able to reach 88 mph through a distance as short as the width of an effing drive-in theater. (BTT3)

I don't understand the fail.

Doc said "Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads."

When Doc went from 1985 to 2015, he was flying.

When Biff went from 2015 to 1955, he was flying.

When Biff went from 1955 to 2015, he was flying.

When Doc went from 2015 to the alternate 1985, he was flying.

[EDIT]

Oh, I see.

Doc probably backed up from the beginning of the street, since Marty's house was at the end, and on re-entry he turned to his driveway and hit some trashcans.

Edited by Flux Capacitor

I bet 1955 Doc was disappointed to find out that in 1985 and even the 21st century, cars still run on gas, rather than alcohol, as he predicted in 1931 :P

I saw the real map were is Marty's house (in Google Earth). Could Doc reach 88 mph on 243 ft?

bttffail.jpg

another thing is we don't know which time period doc came from could have been straight from 2015 but could have taken a quick trip to other periods to test the mr fusion and test the flying properly. could have easily gone to 1955 before lion estates was done and tted to marty's house from there.

I saw the real map were is Marty's house (in Google Earth). Could Doc reach 88 mph on 243 ft?

This is some math:

243:88=2.76136363636363636363636

That mines that doc needed to increase his speed every feet with +-3 MPH.

He could have easily entered that corner at 25-30mph, or higher speeds if flying

another thing is we don't know which time period doc came from could have been straight from 2015 but could have taken a quick trip to other periods to test the mr fusion and test the flying properly. could have easily gone to 1955 before lion estates was done and tted to marty's house from there.

This's probably right because we never see the 'Last Time Departed' ;)

Well, someone had to remind Doc that he has to stick the letter together :P

People... START THINKING FOUR-DIMENSIONALLY, DOC DAMMIT.

Sign in to follow this