Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
The Black Swordsman

Actual BTTF game content

Hey, you guys. I love this mod, but I have a question regarding the actual content of the supposedly finished version.

GTA is a great game for a 3D, sandbox kind of game that you guys are trying to make... BUT, you can't deny that GTA is a game about crime, criminals, murder, etc. I was just a little curious if in the final version (you said you will remove Vice City eventually) if wanted levels will disappear, the ability to have weapons, even killing people so easily. You can't deny that killing people is extremely easy in GTA.

It's kind of hard to imagine a GTA like game without a gun, but if it's BTTF, I wouldn't really think you would even need it.

Just curious; it's a little weird to think about.

Weapon shops and weapon pickups would obviously be removed. And from 0.2f onwards, you will be unable to use the cheats - so there would be no way to get weapons unless it is during a specific mission (which would be very few).

Having said that, there would be nothing we could possibly do to stop the player being able to run over ped's - which would generate a wanted level.

Just as the real world, you can either be good or bad - it's the player's choice if they want to mow down people.

So wanted levels can't be removed? I actually prefer that, since running from the cops and time traveling is probably one of the funnest things about the mod.

So with the cheats disabled, does that mean there will be no weapons to find either? You have to either use your fists or run people over, right?

Oh boy, I'll have to be more careful with driving if cheats are going to be disabled. :D No more Sea Ways.

Thanks, Mike. Interesting idea you guys have all got.

Edited by Mini-Me
Removed the quote, please read the quoting rules

We can't prevent the player from running over people, but we could take him the fun by forcing the player to start a new game/load one when is warn level increases.

Hmm, I think that would probably make it too tedious. It's like having it just for the sake of annoyance; not really too fun in most people's opinion. I would have at least a few bribes here and there, or maybe a few clothing change options (that remove 2 wanted levels or beyond).

Or, maybe, just like the one wanted level, can you guys make it so if you behave, even a high level one would decrease on its own.

I think that's better than making people restart constantly, since running over people is inevitable with how GTA games make you drive.

I dont even kill any poeple in the mod(only when I loose control off the delorean:P).

can't you set the wanted levels so that the police can't show up before say the year 20000 (like 0.2e works with the wanted levels being specific to certain things)

Is Hill Valley also going to at least be the size of Vice City? Otherwise it won't take too long for me to remember everything. Even Vice City is pretty tiny for my tastes.

Nevermind: Looking around, I saw you guys are going to make it even bigger. Nice. I had a feeling, but I wasn't completely sure.

Edited by The Black Swordsman

You also have car explosions and trainers to worry about

The problem I have is that how are you going to make the Marty in the mod representative of the real Marty and not psychotic Tommy running over people, punching cops, steal cars, etc.

Well, there's also the AI drivers, who suck so much that sometimes they kill someone. Or try to run you over. Or commit suicide.

What I think should also happen is for the team to start talking about the storyline again and planning out the "missions" Even if the models are not their yet, its always a good idea to start planning how to reimagine stuff in gta, as not everything from the movies will translate over nicely.

I'm not sure how the mechanics work, but you don't have to stick to the same amount of missions that Vice City uses, do you?

You can utilize its features to make your own missions, right? Like a template that you just build off of.

You have two contexts you can code in:

Codes for missions and code for stuff outside missions. Each of these parts have a maximum size of how big the compiled code may be, so we're not unlimited with our coding space. However we just reduced the amount of code that is used outside of the missions by removing minor features in 0.2f, especially those that are not movie related, because we are aware that we'll need tons of it once the map is finished and we do the map changes for the different time periods. And we still have a lot space in the mission section, as we only have one "default" mission, that does all the initial game setup when starting a new game.

Has anybody ever left their time circuits on, Plutonium/Mr. Fusion filled, and a ped stole your time machine? :P

Happened to me once.

I can honestly say, no. They've carjacked other cars, but I didn't think they could even touch the Delorean. I would have liked to see that.

The closest I came to that story was in Vigilante mode (in the actual Vice City game), I had an FBI Washington shooting down a convoy of criminals and the vehicle exploded and crashed right atop of my car. It was just then this prick tried to lift my car (but luckily the wreckage blocked him). I had to pull him out twice.

I would love to see that happen in BTTF. Did he actually time travel, or not?

The funniest incident with me and a hoverboard was I stole one from some guy and instead of knocking me off, he just climbed on too. And since the passenger on scooters (it's a scooter in the game) just hops on the back, it looked like Tommy just picked up his boyfriend for a hot date.

Edited by The Black Swordsman

Sign in to follow this