Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
iMaster

Technology you're waiting for

Personally I am waiting for AMOLED transparency screens to be fully developed, while dealing with the inability of seeing anything dark on the screen, like we're experiencing with OLED screens right now.

Multitouch keyboards would be good, but Wacom's multitouch only supports 3 fingers at a time and Apple's multitouch supports only 4 fingers at a time. Oooor, at least Art Lebedev's keyboards to drop their prices.

Well... also basically anything that is in the Iron Man movies.

And I know someone will say "Lightsaber" :P

It's all about waiting for tiny amps that can fit into guitars, that have a MASSIVE output... I wanna take Laura-Lee out with me and rock out in peoples faces <3

brain controlled electronics in my house, i could mess with the lights for fun.

it could also have a sleep setting which turns on when you go to sleep.

Someone has serious personal problems...

Wireless Power Transmission, so no more traipsing wires around the house! We have the technology now but we are not going to see it for a while yet. <_<

Once something new appears, scientists who don't invent step in and say that "This s**t can't be healthy".

Graphics upgrade-ability for laptops. The Asus XG Station was a step forward. And I've heard people are now into developing new technologies for this.

Time machines, not so much. Unless I built one by myself.

Wireless Power Transmission, so no more traipsing wires around the house! We have the technology now but we are not going to see it for a while yet. <_<

Yup, it already exists (magnetism FTW), and yes it will take a LONG while for this to be in everyone's home.

wireless-power-7.jpg

Nanosuit. Technology's getting there... but it's still in a damn cot, crying, screaming, etc. It's no where near maturing yet.

228951-nanosuit_large.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7553061.stm

If this lot ever gets to a public state of technology, within our lifetimes... I would LOVE to grab one of those from a shop... hey, how're they gonna catch me when I steal it? :P

The base nanotechnology would need to be developed or improved first before scientists would bother about nanotech suits.

Speaking of nanotech, scientists are more into applying nanotechnology on medicine than protective clothing. Imagine nanobots inserted in your body being able to eliminate cancer cells or even viruses individually.

Gravity-cancelling devices a-la the Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator would be nice.

Once something new appears, scientists who don't invent step in and say that "This s**t can't be healthy".

Time machines. t-t

Traveling through holes into other times so suddenly cant be too healthy either! :lol:

Maybe thats why doc fell out of character in the II and III films, the time machine stuffed up his brain into thinking more logicaly :lol:

PS: I was gonna say how it stuffed up marty, but thats crossing a line there... :o

Maybe a device that cancels out incoming noise like when Chav's on trains play they crap music out of their phone speakers.... ....hmm maybe a can get a hand grenade for that CHAV'S BEWARE!!!

If only health and safety would allow it :P Its hard enough nowadays to launch a rocket let alone send any one anywhere

well first shields would need to be invented so that people could travel like that, they should invent statis as well so that it would be even safer.

the only reason its hard to launch a rocket nowadays is because of money. were the scientists responsible for developing space exploration technology to have limitless access to whatever equipment or resources they need then we would have colonised not just the moon but probably mars as well.

money itself is the reason we dont have any flying cars, teleporters or even lightsabers. think about how much faster and further technology advances each year. were somone to remove the financial limitations put on the scientists in question then we would be able to see a 2015 similar to one in bttf2.

BUT we wont because the economy is going to completely crash within the next 2 or 3 years and vast amounts of idiots who dont know how to fend for themselves because they relied so much on money will starve to death and after about 20 to 50 years of arguing, killing and in fighting we will (provided we dont all just kill eachother) convert to a global resource based economy where every major decision that made is done so by following the scientific method and reaching the smartest conclusion instead of the cheapest.

its impossible to avoid and you guys have no idea how much i am looking forward to it. having to spend the majority of your time doing work (that more often than not you have absolutely NO interest in) to earn money JUST so you can survive is not freedom, it is a glorified prison and nobody seems to notice, not even the people in charge. freedom is spending your entire life doing whatever it is you enjoy (unless what you enjoy is killing people or somthing like that in which case you need to be shot, no joke) uuuh.. yeah i think i've made myself completely clear without being asked to.

/rant

Human nature is the major preventer of a balanced economy.

human nature has shown we like to live in groups. otherwise you would have wide spaces between different peoples houses and there would be no cities.

Sign in to follow this