Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

Computer technician topic

weird...I sometimes left my PC for days maybe 5 days without shutting down. And nothing overheated.. OMG!!! All the systems were fine. Except for the HDD. (must be defragmanted always) Cause to much download.. :D

I leave mine on for 2 or 3 days at a time. And then I let it rest for 18 hours.

:mellow: ooooo...But I love leaving my PC for 5 days....(and it makes my mother mads too)(too much elctricity bill) and sometimes when my internet gets far too slow....that's when I leave it..( :blink: ) Edited by Johny-I loves Dots =)

Your internet usually slows down if you download a lot of torrents. Your router has too many backed up connections. To clear: unplug the router. It flushes the cache.

I leave my laptop on for 5 days straight sometimes 14 days, but it goes to stand by is that still bad? When this laptop was purchased (It wasn't mine then) It was left on for a month without turning off and it goes to stand by, could that still damage anything? It works fine. However my sister's Laptop broke from over heat for leaving it on for 20 minutes and the warranty did cover it.

I leave my laptop on for 5 days straight sometimes 14 days, but it goes to stand by is that still bad? When this laptop was purchased (It wasn't mine then) It was left on for a month without turning off and it goes to stand by, could that still damage anything? It works fine. However my sister's Laptop broke from over heat for leaving it on for 20 minutes and the warranty did cover it.

If the laptop is well ventilated then it should not over heat, but leaving it on for long periods of time within a small space it could get over heated and die.

I could go with that, when I play SAMP or Single Player, I sometimes leave a plate and some food next to the air vent, It actually heats the food, and the game starts to LAG a lot until I remove the plate and let the air out.

My god. You still using that lol. Just right click the drive and hit format. If it doesn't work, that FD is damaged.

Floppy disk!? Holy schnit, have you ever heard of a CD? they don't need formating either. This is the 21st century dude catch up :lol:

No seriously. If it won't format its either had someting on and its corrupted, or its fluffed from the start, I always hated formatting discs before use, took ages. Have you tryed anouther disk, are you sure the floppy drive is connected (if its external)?

This is an internel Floppy drive, and I checked all the connections.

P.S. I was trying to backup my Bios.

Edited by Airwolf24

Guys, need an advice. I got an old HP Omnibook with 10GB of storage capacity, 500Mhz CPU and 128MB of RAM, any way to upgrade it?

Additional info: Runs Windows XP SP2 and is a Hewlett Packard Omnibook series 500.

Edited by  iProton

upgrade the HDD and the ram first.

Already discussed it with Adam, I have determined that I can't upgrade the CPU, so I will stick with a 160GB enchanced-ETI HDD and 2 512MB SDRAM chips. Will most probably hackintosh Mac into it, but gotta look more into it.

Edited by  iProton

Ok I just did a Factory Settings system restore, and downloaded and installed all the OS updates. Well there's one that doesn't want to install "Security Update for Windows XP (KB956841)". Everytime I try to install it the windows update comes back with a "Could not install update" message, and I already tried to install it through shutdown. I've tried searching on google and one Forum Site suggested to check the Microsoft support site. But the support site didn't have any information on why it wasn't installing.

Any suggestions?

Automatic Update is the program I've been using to install it. And Automatic Updates already downloaded it. It just doesn't want to install.

I installed windows live and now whenever I sign in it crashes and goes back to the sign in page. I've tried installing it twice and still doesn't work.

Will most probably hackintosh Mac into it

lol tried that myself too, and I'm surprised it works/dual-boots alongside Vista AND WinXP. It's a bit screwy (because of the PC parts I use) still it's good. :lol:

I installed windows live and now whenever I sign in it crashes and goes back to the sign in page. I've tried installing it twice and still doesn't work.

Here's an image so you guys have a better idea of what's happening. This is the only window that pops up and once I hit "Don't Send" windows live goes back to the sign in page.

f_Untitled1m_33143fa.png

I'm having to use Windows Messenger at the moment, which we all know sucks.

Agreed. Half the time it stalls on signing in. Or it doesn't make the sounds work for me. Have you tried using older version of MSN?

Sign in to follow this