:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
tope1983

General Gameplay Issues

There's plenty since the mod is on hold (Blue has other stuff to do ) ;).

A problem that might be is that GTA:San Andrea's limit-editing tools aren't as stable as Vice City's, but this by far doesn't affect it in its current state.

and the rest of the modding team? does only one member know the coding for SA?

another thing i want to mention:

could be possible in the map of SA, because it is rather huge.

to manage the appearance of Hill Valley in its different aeras (1885 - 1955 - 1985 - 1985A - 2015) couldn't it be done the following way:

create the basic layout of the city and then recreate each map/aera and have EVERY aera placed NEXT to the other on the complete map of SA.

should look like this:

..................................................the complete game-world..............................................................

(y)

/\

|

|

0----> (x)

| MAP OF HV 1885 | MAP OF HV 1955 | MAP OF HV 1985 | MAP OF HV 1985A | MAP OF HV 2015 |

..................................................the complete game-world..............................................................

if you timetravel, you actually change your position on the map:

e.g.: if you are on the map of HV 1985 and travel to 1955 the jump changes your x-coordinate and you find yourself on the map of 1955 BUT it looks like if you have traveled through time. could that solve the problem by changing the whole city layout but be able to use INSTANT timetravelling?

to apply the correct daytime, i think it is easy to change it concerning what you typed into the TC.

and the rest of the modding team? does only one member know the coding for SA?

Only one member codes the SA version. SA Team is not exactly the same as the VC one.

... if you timetravel, you actually change your position on the map...

This way would mean that Hill Valley coudn't be as big as it is. Besides, the islands would have to be REALLY far away from each other so that:

1) You can't see them when looking to the horizon.

2) You can't just fly to them.

Changing the buildings through code is the easiest, smartest way of changing Hill Valley as you time travel.

Map boundaries can easily be changed in both SA and VC.

Well my PS2 had a problem playing discs, so what I did was clean the lens with a q-tip & rubbing alcohol. Now it plays them perfectly.

cant get a q-tip in a ps3 cd slot i would have to take it apart to get to the lens which is new to me so its best i take it down to game attic they know what there doing i dont ;)

good point and could changing buildings be done in cleo (maybe angelo can answer this cause he does cleo)

i know that you can put car spawns into cleo (as i have already done before)

Edited by ♠Grim♂ Reaper 1666◙

Only one member codes the SA version. SA Team is not exactly the same as the VC one.

I do know SA coding, but never thought about continuing Blue's work. I'm just afraid I'd waste my work since Blue might have way better idears of how doing the coding than me (tha already proved itself sometimes :D).

This way would mean that Hill Valley coudn't be as big as it is. Besides, the islands would have to be REALLY far away from each other so that:

1) You can't see them when looking to the horizon.

2) You can't just fly to them.

I think these two weren't thaaaat a big problem, since we just could turn the player around if he headed too far to the other era. And unless you set the LOD display distance real high, you can leave gaps that are big enough. Really the only problem would be the restricted size of HV then, probably.

Changing the buildings through code is the easiest, smartest way of changing Hill Valley as you time travel.

Blue has found an interesting method he might use for SA:

ok, so here's the plan I want to test.

We define each era as an IPL and compile it to a binary IPL (if possible), which then gets added to bttf.img.

Then for switching models, it'll be super easy. Especially since SA supports strings as variables. So like, converting from 1955 to 1985

0777: delete_objects_in_object_group "1955CLOCK"

0776: create_objects_in_object_group "1985CLOCK"

where 1955CLOCK represents 1955clock.ipl in the img file.

so... does that mean, that the aera-change won't work in vice-city?

what about the clocktower, that changed? isn't it able with a whole city?

btw... i found an interesting vehicle-handling-mod which makes the driving physics of the cars in VC much more realistic. would also fit in the BTTFmod... as well as some HD textures & particle-effects

I only said there's a different idea for San Andreas. It also works in Vice City with the replace_model opcode, but uses a huge amount of code-lines.

and the method of replacement can provide no serious "lags" when travelling through time?

or is there any type of loading-sequence?

BTW... i am really looking forward for the next release(s) of BTTF:HV!!!!

Did anybody notice that when they TT'd from 2015 to 1985 near the end that it took at least one second for the clocktower to load? and that is only one building, what about all of Hill Valley? Will it be laggy? :huh:

Edited by gtabttffan

Um yeah, I think that may have to do with that user's draw distance not being high enough, or something...

but as the mod-team said, the final gameplay experience will be strictly movie-based and so you are NOT able to TT if you want but only when the story offers you the possibility.

so lagging shouldn't be a problem, that will occur that often. maybe, they erase the "instant timetravel"-mode which would mean that the player won't recognize any pop-ups (of builings, trees, cars or people).

It may be movie based, but it don't think that they are going to limit how often you can TT, they just might limit which TM you have available to story specific things... Taking away what I call "Free Roam" TT wouldn't serve the mods purpose.

Hehe, is that actually a real game genre?

yes it is <_<

That is actually a thing I see as problematic. I think it'll lag a lot once there's many replacements (on my computer at least :D). Normally the game has "time to load the model", meaning you don't really notice the small lag since you're still a little away from that building. But when TTing that's a different thing. The game instantly has to load the replacement models all around you and wont be fast enough to do a seamless change during the cutscene of flash of instant TT.

Can't it load the buildings at the time you're still speeding up to 88? Like, you hit 86 or so, and it gets the order to load other models.

Edited by RG

@RG There is a problem with your idea, what if I hit 87 and crash then decide to go to another time period, then those models were loaded for nothing.. :angry:

Then simply take the example that you hit the brake :P.

If we did that, it had to happen when the timetravel is already in process, so that you can't abort it.

So make it have the cutscene animation, only without the firetrails. Like, you hit 88, the camera zooms out, the models are loaded, white flash, Time Travel done.

Weren't we talking about instant time travel, which never had fire trails