:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
JOHN007

If You Had A Time Machine

I believe evolution is true. But I don't believe we evolved from ape-like creatures. I think evidence supports this. Just ask these questions:

For 1, why would we lose all the hair that our "ancestors" had and primates other than humans have now?

For 2, why would only humans be the ones with any sort of understandable intelligence beyond comprehension?

For 3, how come we lost some very important abilities that monkeys own and stuff.

For 4, during the ICE AGE we needed clothes to survive. Monkeys didn't, why's that?

If you ask me, if we "evolved" we sure downgraded <_<

Of course my theory can't be proven so to speak. And may not make much sense, but I didn't know how else to put it.

I feel sorry that you want to defend your lie. You're being liberals; you want to believe in lies! I just want for ALL of you to go to heaven, with me. Dragon King (and Queen, hopefully) are Christian, by what I've read. I hope to see them, and their children in the heaven, along with you! I will NEVER give into the liberals/atheists/evolutionists; I am a son of God, literally speaking.

Wow, this is the first time I started a chain reaction!

i'm Christian O.o

Oh, I see then. Not that I totally disbelief him, but I believe in the entity.

disbelief is supposed to be spelled disbelieve :P

It's just in case I used the bible grammar wrong :P

Oke enough! angry.gif Enough making "fun" of believe or trying to convince others. Please stop with it and get finally back on topic.

No one is convincing anyone. I'm pretty sure no one is really taking all this seriously besides you as there hasn't been any flaming. That's why no admin/mod has stepped in yet. We are all just having friendly, fun conversations on what we believe.

i would just like to point out that in that south park video trey parker and matt stone (the creators of south park) are MAKING FUN of what christians THINK evolution is, it is absolutely nothing like that and if you really think that then your only proving y point about you being arrogant and ignorant.

and the second video "checkmate" thats another parody of the christian mindset, that guy is an atheist and he has heaps of videos in the same sort of vein. again if you cant see how he is making fun of it and the fact that he is being completely and totally sarcastic the entire time then your only proving that the humor works.

john delorean all your doing is saying "im right and your wrong because i want to be right no matter what evidence there is LALALALALALA im not listening"

grow up

and dk i dont think you have a very firm grasp on evolution either, if you fully understood it then youd know how ridiculous those questions you asked are.

EDIT: that guy is Edward current and hes famous on youtube for his religious satire. he makes the creationist argument against atheisnm look just as ridiculous as it is by doing what? pretending he beleives it. hes a genius. watch some of his videos theyr hilarious http://www.youtube.com/user/EdwardCurrent

this one particularly illustrates one hell of a point

Edited by EarthwormJim

Duh I know what evolution is. Those questions were a joke put in serious fashion which should not have been done since they were taken seriously.

Most animals evolve to become better adapted to the environment they live in as well as gain abilities find housing, food etc. Humans on the other hand, evolved to be able to adapt from one environment to the next quickly. We are survivors. Put us in a different place each day and 10 - 1 we will find shelter, food, and clothing and survive each day. Well that's if we aren't put in a desert or EXTREME cold.

Tell me these, people. If evolution is not true, then how come you can predict the changes to an animal's descendants if you put the said animal into conditions it was not born in?

I don't believe in the evolution theory, but what I do believe is that living creatures could adapt themself to the nature they're living in. Just like human excally. When we're cold, we change our cloths into much comfortable ones. And when it's hot, then we're going to short throusers and short shirts.

And with animals is that the same. A sheep gets a big coth. A bear gets a big coth. If a creature(wich excally means made of something or by someone) lives for a long period in a diffrent area, then he would adapt himself. So this is my point on your question iMaster.

If you ask me, if we "evolved" we sure downgraded <_<

I know you're not serious when you said that, but I just wanna say this:

SPOILER:
Evolution is not always about getting something new. It can also be about losing something we no longer need because we adapted so much that we don't need these features anymore.

You'd be wondering why we have what we call human vestigials. These are organs that we don't need, and that we can live our lives normally without, yet we still have them. These include the appendix, which used to be as important as our the modern human stomach and intestines, our wisdom teeth, goosebumps (which is used to make our ancestor's body hair, which used to be hell longer than ours, stand up and make them look larger to scare off predators), a small fold of tissue in our eye called plica semilunaris which is a remnant of what is known as the "third eyelid" (which pretty much tells that our ancestors used to have 3 eyelids), and a tailbone (which is so unneeded that not only we don't have a tail to begin with but also it gives nothing to us but pain if we try to sit in a wrong position).

According to evolution, they're simply leftovers in the whole evolutionary process, leftovers that are yet to be completely get rid of as we evolve (which we still do apparently).

So, I ask those like John DeLorean who argue that everything has a reason why they're there or why they happened, and they didn't happen "by chance", and that God is behind all of it, why the f*ck did God give us these completely unneeded parts in our body in the first place?

Do you understand Creationism?

You do know that's a satire, right? Like EWJ said, Edward is an atheist who make fun of theists with his satirical videos. The video you showed wasn't there to show atheists' stupidity, but was there to show (and make fun of) creationists/theists' stupidity.

I don't believe in the evolution theory, but what I do believe is that living creatures could adapt themself to the nature they're living in.

Yes, they can adapt, in their original habitat, that is, but what if they're forced to live in another place that's mostly or completely different to their own? The world back then wasn't as safe and as comfortable to live in as it is right now -- super volcanoes that can suffocate us to death when they erupt, hurricanes thrice or more powerful than Hurricane Katrina, extremely hot summers or extremely cold winters, Ice Ages, towering predators, etc.. So tell me, if we are incapable of "evolving" to better species, then how did we and other species we know today were able to survive from these conditions and remain existing until now?

We're just this lucky (but, still, not lucky enough) to be able to live like this.

Umm... Emo, that's EXACTLY the definition of evolution.

A Mamoth and an Elephant are technically totally different creatures.

Cats and Dogs descended from different animals, if you are about this.

And we are NOT descended from Dinosaurs.

Evolution is the survival of the fittest, which IS adapting to certain circumstances.

Sorry, but your point of view on evolution is wrong.

We evolved since the Ancient Rome, we became higher, less agile, less strong and longer living, THAT is evolution as well.

Edited by iMaster

Nope, it ain't: Evolution = changing from a creature into a totally diffrent creature. Adapting = Changing to fit in your living area.

You really don't know what you are talking about.

Evolution - is change in the genetic material of a population of organisms from one generation to the next

Lets say you were sent to a place where the ozone layer is thin. Your kids will have skin that is resistant to the solar radiation. Their kids will grow pointy ears, and the children of your grand children will be able to utilize the Vulcan neck pinch, THAT is evolution, you literally become another creature.

But if my first trip turns out to be good, I'd probably go back to the late early 80s and buy stock in Microsoft. Then come back and sell it.

I'd go back to 1998 and buy a whole load of stock in Google! It started out at like $20 per share and a year or two ago peaked at like $800/share.

Tell me these, people. If evolution is not true, then how come you can predict the changes to an animal's descendants if you put the said animal into conditions it was not born in?

Personally, what I believe (no offense to anyone else) explains evolution and my belief. Example: God put the monkeys on Earth ever so long ago, and the monkeys evolved into baboons. And honestly, there's a reason there's still (and always will be :) ) a missing link between primates and early humans.

Edited by raybob

Maybe you are the missing link with the oversized signature and doubled posts..

Max. size for signature - 550x150px

unfourtuantly for all you know the era in which the missing link existed there might have been less water on the planet than there is now because the water level has always been in an constant flux.