:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
JOHN007

If You Had A Time Machine

i would go back to the 80's for about a week and chill with my parents (go see a kiss concert)

and then i would go to the year 3000 to see whats up with our future

then go home

Great F*cking Flick! I liked what Fudruckers became (Buttf*ckers) and what Starbucks became.

"Welcome to CostCo, I love you..." :rotfl:

by the fudruckers comment i believe you were watching idiocracy

dude, did you even see EWJ's youtube embed that I quoted?

Edited by Joe Statler

If I could go anywhere in history, anywhere at all ...I'd probably go back to a week last tuesday, don't you remember? I did all the ironing, and then we watched TV. Boy we won't see the likes of those days again! ;)

I asked my girlfriend about what she'd do, she said go visit the original Woodstock, so I drew this.

2aaekog.jpg

Then this

fx8qvo.jpg

And then did one for myself :P

f2ucfn.jpg

The last one would be a paradox for Apple XD It would end up with you advising it being a 54" screen and so on

OMG. A 27" CRT screen? Are you insane?

Edited by RG

Hey, Apple was the reason they developed the modern day PSUs, so I figure they'd develop LED LCDs in 1985 then :P

P.S. Does it look like the TARDIS is horrified? :P

Edited by iMaster

Not really, it's looking more like tearing apart in few seconds :P

Hmmmm... perhaps sending such a character on her own to 1969 IS a bad idea...

I would STOP darwin from inventing the lie of evolution. Then, I would go back like to the 20's, and get me some Jackson 10's, then I'd go to my house when I was born, and like, hold myself...and see what I was back then. And then, I'd just stay there, Hoping that I would still exist.

I would STOP darwin from inventing the lie of evolution

thats impossible, because it isnt a lie and it was discovered not invented. dont talk about this here and pm me about it if your so sure of yourself, i have ALOT to say on the subject as everyone else knows

I would STOP darwin from inventing the lie of evolution.

Being a person who has a Darwin Fish on his car (Car fish) I have to tell you that I take offense to that statement. I took Human Evolution in college and it has been proven through tests on the remains of Cro-magnon man, the Taung Child, Homo-heidelbergensis, Lucy, the Ice Man, and many other specimens that it has been proven to be fact. The problem is with politicians and right-wing nuts not willing to pay attention to the findings and take it seriously.

EWJ, you beat me to it.

Edited by Joe Statler

See here's my deal, I don't want to go back in time to try and fix something cause i might make things worse... Ever seen The Butterfly Effect? And the only reason i'm wishing for technology is because what the hell else am i gonna do in the future?

I had this exact same conversation with some friends of mine, and i had a idea. Not sure if this would work. Or if i am over thinking it. I was thinking, that by going into the future and grabbing something from the future and bringing it back to the present, that it's very existence in my present could in fact potentially erase the future that it came from. Because every time you look at the future it changes because you looked at it. and that changes everything else. Now, in my idea, because this universe is destroyed, the very existence of the device i brought back is threatened (e.g. the "You're Fired" note from BTTF2 being erased in BTTF3). Now if because of this, the device is erased from existence, does this cause the future timeline to come back into existence? And if it does, does that mean that my device re-appears? And if it does, does that mean that the timeline if the future is erased? etc. etc. etc. It seems like an existence loop to me... what do you think?

and btw, the Doctor Who Father's Day episode is soooooo broken I almost had to kill myself

Edited by Luikseer

That's just a paradox

And I respectfully disagree with the next post(John DeLorean)

Edited by RG

Let me make this clear:

I'm a Christian. And by what you're saying is that somthing that has a 0% chance of happening WITHOUT the help of a Divine happened, whereas somthing that has a 100% chance of happening with the Divine's guidance didn't happen? I'm sorry to see that your logic, and beliefs have gone to money, and technology.

The purpose of Christianity is not to avoid difficulty, but to produce a character adequate to meet it when it comes. It does not make life easy; rather it tries to make us great enough for life. -- James L. Christensen

god is a man made invention

put it this way. ancient scientists, commonly referred to as preists, came up with a set of hypotheses (where did mankind come from, how did the earth get here, what is beyond that etc) and because of lack of technology, research and due to extreme cultural predjudice at the time, man invented the Deity, now origionally Deitys or "God" came in many different forms (as there were many different cultures across the globe and they all had their own interpretations of things) the greeks had zeus, the nords had odin and so on and so forth. now thanks to cultural evolution (as in through many discussions and various forms of communication, often involving alot of people being murdered due to religious disagreements)

Christianity emerged as a european interpretation of the middle eastern religions (islam and Judaism) NOW with the advancements in technology and people being able to do the research, find the evidence and answer at least SOME of these ancient hypothesis then surely we should be able to throw away the whole kettle of fish that is religion and move on with human development (for one thing it would cut down the death toll due to war and crazy cult based mass suicides, or somthing similar) but NO, and why is that?

because science hasnt answered everything yet, there are gaps in the theories that are yet to be 100% backed up by evidence. and the arrogant members of the organised religions see this as reasonable doubt enough to continue beleiving in what is essentially a bunch of extremely questionable (if not out right disproved) ancient hypothesis.

people also used to think the earth was flat and that we were the centre of the universe and everything else rotated around us. and those idead were easily disproved through scientific research.

think of the bible as an outdated scientific textbook, an interesting part of human history, not somthing to be taken literally.

why cant everything have come from nothing and human existence in its entirety purely have been built off a sereis of coincidences?

why does there HAVE to be a god when there is insermountable PILES of evidence to say otherwise?

why does there have to be life after death?

because your scared of the unknown and are looking for the easiest way out

im going to save this post for future use just incase it gets edited by the allmighty admins

ok you know something EWJ, there's a reason it's called faith. God wants us to believe in Him on our own. sure He can easily appear before us and everyone will believe in Him. But God doesn't want us to be forced to believe in Him. So that's why we have free-will. Here's an example.

Greeks as you know had many different gods. Zeus, Athena, Poseidon, Hades, etc. Now, let's say someone thought "hey, I can't believe in one God because how can one God take care of EVERYTHING?" So then this one person thought up of many gods instead of just the one that work together. So after creating this new religion, he gathered followers. And after a while you now have the Greek society.

Also, there's a part of our Brain that allows us to be spiritual. So religion is basically hardwired into our heads. But it's really up to the person whether or not he/she wants to believe or not. So, not to hinder your beliefs on God not existing, but I'm sick of you trying to rationalize everything religious. Some people, like me, are firm God believers and are very offended by your comments. Please keep them to yourself.

why beleive in somthing that you know doesnt exist? theres a part of our brain that makes us seek knowledge, not be spiritual. lack of religion is just one less thing to kill eachother over, if everyone just cut the crap and gave it up the world would be a much happier and peaceful place

goodnight

Edited by EarthwormJim

EWJ, nobody makes you believe in God, so stop being a dick and trying to prove that God doesn't exist to ones who believe.

Goodnight to you too

Edited by RG

@Luikseer: Haven't I already said our universe ISN'T the BTTF universe or the Doctor Who universe? Logically, "time travel" and "temporal paradox" are opposites -- if we prove one to be true, then the other would be completely untrue. So if scientists proved that there are paradoxes, then they could also be 100% certain that time travel is a complete myth and could never happen (which would be a nightmare for us BTTF fans if that ever happens).

Still, the Butterfly Effect is a good part of chaos theory we can take note, though. Even if we haven't 100% proven time travel yet, we can be certain the B. Effect happens all around us. It is a FACT that in times of our lives one very small and minor mistake we commit would lead to a complete disaster, which is a perfect example of the B. Effect. If we 100% proven time travel along with our own "time machine", we won't encounter any temporal paradoxes, but we will still encounter the B. Effect (the ultimate form of it, that is).

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

@John DeLorean: I praise you for your faith, but you are, however, a bit out of line about saying evolution is a lie. This is simply one of the many reasons why atheists say theists are close-minded. Say all you want about being a Christian or having faith, even in the smartest or most prophetic way you can, but those won't in any way make atheists shut their mouths 'till you stop making such a dumb assumption (no offense).

If you're really going back in time and stop Darwin, I'll have to go back in time, too, and stop you. Also, (*makes reference from the 4th episode "Acceptance" of the 4th season of Heroes, and the Butterfly Effect*) who says Charles Darwin is the only scientist in history capable of starting the "Theory of Evolution"? :P

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

@EWJ: Not all Christians are 100% creationists. Christians here in the PH, for instance, take evolution seriously that every single Catholic school teaches it as a part of a major subject (biology). The priests even make references from evolution during the homily sometimes. They do so to explain the lesson(s) of the read verse(s) from the Bible further, instead of trying to use the verses themselves to disprove evolution. For an atheist like you, I believe, it would be a surprise to see and hear a priest do this.

I agree with everything DK and RG said.