Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Back to the Future SA Mini Mod 0.1.3.2 released

Please note, for ease of use we have also included an uninstaller with this release of the mod. This will enable you to restore your SA installation to how it was before you installed the mod.

Known issue - After uninstalling. it is necessary to manually edit your gta3.img and rename bullet.bak and sparrow.bak to their correct filenames of bullet.dff and sparrow.dff. We hope to automate this step in due course.

maybe i'm confused but wasnt there already a 1.3.2?

edit, i believe i am indeed confused as usual :P

Edited by Trancelikestate

maybe i'm confused but wasnt there already a 1.3.2?

Nope, the last release was 0.1.3.1.

Additionally, the latest release should be compatable with SA V2.

Nope, the last release was 0.1.3.1.

Additionally, the latest release should be compatable with SA V2.

OH REALLY.

*goes to find SA disc with version 2*

EDIT : Do I need to do anything with my clean install of V2, or can i just Install it?

Edited by TWG

yeah, it does two methods.

Replace exe

Edit only names in gta3.img so the size doesn't change.

Well, thats models only at least. Not entirely sure about cleo.

i'm still gonna patch my ver 2 of SA before i install it just to be sure. and i was using the earlier versions on ver 2 as well.

also blue, did ya fix the vent boost thing?

This mod comes with its own (already-rebuilt) custom IMG for the models, so there no longer a need for rebuilding the gta3.img.

We've discussed something earlier about having a separate IMG, so Blue decided to make it so. The separate IMG is to not only make the installation easier but also get rid of the need for rebuilding the gta3.img, which is a pain in the a** for SA v2 and Vista/Win7 users.

So it should be compatible to SA v2.0

well, i experience the same crashes as 1.3 and 1.3.1. I had to use the stripped scm once again, but its fun! and the vent boost is fixed! i cant wait for the cold delorean f/x, sparks, and mr fusion and all that.

also didnt i see lights mentioned somewhere? is that in a future version? i saw no lights.

@Trancelikestate:

- Be sure you install it in a fresh copy of SA. If you have a back-up of the entire stock SA, you can use that, too. If you know how to uninstall a mod, however, then do so before installing this version.

- Random crashes are common when loading saved games. Here's a trick that MIGHT work to prevent or reduce crashes -- load the saved game, save it again (overwrite the saved game), then load the saved game again. If this doesn't work, AND you get the same crashes at New Game, either you have other mods installed or you're not using a fresh copy of SA. (if the latter isn't true, then it's just the saved game)

- Try reading the error log. If the last file loaded has nothing to do with the mod, then it's considered a random crash. You may want to post the error log here so we can know the very problem you're experiencing.

Uh Blue...

firetrailsubg.jpg

I also noticed that the wheel objects in flying mode are still bright.

Hey Blue...

xct3y8.jpg

Got this from changing to flight at 84 MPH, and it didn't go away, even after time traveling twice.

I also noticed that the wheel objects in flying mode are still bright.

Please see the new wheels topic. I have been up all night fixing the wheels for them. I told them to release 1.3.2 with bright wheels because I am having problems with the wheels. I fixed most of them but there's one problem left.

fixed the plasma.

Yeah, DK got the wheels working.....for the non reflective delorean. When I changed the model, it caused hell to break loose.

Dude...Angelo, you have to explain it. I cannot solve bugs with a picture showing a delorean with fire trails coming out. I have a fix that I think fixes it, but since I never got that ever, I cannot verify it.

reminds me too, I never got around to fixing the sound bug when switching to flying during time travelling, or having the coil not be there when switching to flying.

change log? yeah i always do a fresh install.

Dude...Angelo, you have to explain it. I cannot solve bugs with a picture showing a delorean with fire trails coming out. I have a fix that I think fixes it, but since I never got that ever, I cannot verify it.

My bad, and I thought you'd be able to identify it through the picture itself.

The bug occurs during cutscene time travel, probably after many time travel attempts. I'll try testing it again, hoping I might identify the cause of the problem.

Excellent work on 0.1.3.2 my hat off to you all ,do you think the sa version will become better or the same as vc version?

quick edit -been playing a while now and after cut scene time travel a few times the fire trails stay on the car as if shooting forward( if not moving),only a small thing.

Edited by Sandman

Are you sure you posted that vid correctly Mike? I haven't had a problem with photobucket vids so far, but that one won't load on the page, its just an empty space till I click on it, then it just 'Buffs' for infinity and doesn't play ;)

OK, seems that the glitch with the fire trails is random, I've managed to repeat it a few times. It usually happens after a random number of time travels, during which I have switched between instant/cutscene and driving/flying multiple times.

@Orgcon, updated the link, must be a glitch in the video BB code

yep not a big thing with me can just jump out of car and spawn another to get rid of firetrails so not really a big deal just thought id let u know ,has happened every time iv played but i do play for a while ,still its worth it!

Sign in to follow this