Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Microman

What is that ?

Microman I must apologise for that, it was indeed a bot that signed up and then proceeded to PM everyone on the board.

Both the member - Lyagushkka and their IP 94.142.128.140 have been banned.

Microman I must apologise for that, it was indeed a bot that signed up and then proceeded to PM everyone on the board.

Well, not everyone.

Seconded, lol.

The only way to keep bots from bay is to have some sort of a feature here in the forums where the admin himself would have to check the newly-made accounts one by one to determine whether to validate them or not.

So an other reason to get converted to 3.x :P.

IS here no one who has enough skills to make a skin for us? Hrmph.

I would upgrade it today if people could live with the default 3.x skin.

I think I will need to end up paying to have someone make a skin for us.

Yea but even that new feature goes so far. People are making bots more complicated everyday, so someone probably has already made a bot that can find it's way around that feature.

we don't work in probability :P

Its either they do or they don't. It might seem logical that there are captcha defeating bots, but do they exist yet?

They do, but not many. And most are too bad to completely read it ;).

Both the member - Lyagushkka and their IP 94.142.128.140 have been banned.

I´ve received that message as well <_<

Edited by 88milesperhour!

i just signed out and looked at the register thing and it does have a captha

Must admit I haven't actually applied this patch since there were no manual editing instructions, and I believe the file in question has been edited for some of the mod's we have installed here.

PM Flood Control Patch for Invision Power Board 2.3.6 Released

We have received numerous reports from clients regarding spamming on the Personal Message (PM) system in IP.Board 2.3.6 and below. After consulting with reCaptcha (the provider of the captcha system in 2.3.6) we believe that humans are being used to bypass the captcha and then the newly created account is given to an automated script which sends PMs in huge quantities to your members.

The patch we have released today introduces a flood control setting to the PM system in IP.Board 2.3.6. This will limit how fast a member can send PMs thereby giving you and your moderators time to ban the offending account.

The download of 2.3.6 in the client area has been updated with this patch. If you already have 2.3.6 installed, you can download the patch along with instructions right in this topic. Applying the patch is quite easy but if you have questions feel free to contact support. If you would like support to apply the patch for you be sure to include your admin username and password, and if you are not an IPS hosting customer, your FTP details.

Upcoming IP.Board 3.0.0

IP.Board 3.0.0 contains this update already and new spam mitigation tools such as timed user group promotion. We are also exploring new centralized spam identification and banning services which we hope to have updates for you very soon!

Sign in to follow this