:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Delorean Effects

:lol:

Lemme guess: DeLorean 'cause you like the cars, 88 again your year of birth and us 'cause you're living there :P.

The "us" in his delorean88us profile means something else than United States.

so far in 0.1.3, I've added new coils, new wormhole, vent glows, lights, new keypad, totally cleo, and such.

So 0.1.3 is entirely CLEO? No SCM modifications, in other words?

We should do that with the coils in 0.2f, but not make them as dim as 0.1-0.2b?

Like Blue said earlier, VC lacks the attach_object code, sadly, so expect more lagsh*t when they're added in 0.2f (and 0.2f is suppose to reduce lags and bugs).

Only because I think it makes more sense to wait until you've got the pre-time travel effects finalised :P

It does make sence, but we could be having fun playing it as it is, while he's doing his other projects that might take a while. <_<

Just call it 0.1.3BETA :lol:

It does make sence, but we could be having fun playing it as it is, while he's doing his other projects that might take a while. <_<

Well, just be patient :P

Just call it 0.1.3BETA :lol:

Ain't a version below 1.0 (like 0.2f and 0.1.3) already considered a beta itself? It is only here in the forums where I as a programmer heard of "a beta of a beta". "Pre-beta" should be the right term.

Also "having fun playing it as it is" can only apply to public betas, which are treated as full versions with missing features than betas. Real betas should be tested, not played as how you've described it (most especially pre-betas, which are both tested, debugged and developed further by the one who has it).

Well Zero's mini-mod always crashed when I bug tested it, BUT I STILL HAD FUN! :P

If you don't find testing bugs fun Angelo, why the hell do you want to become a programmer! ;)

I never said anything about hating to test bugs. I LOVE it. I only said about real betas only being tested, not being played. Playing and testing are two different things. Also the kinds of "bugs" we programmers face are more than just the bugs you know. :P

True about having fun with it, but it would be wise to have Blue keep the "pre-beta" to himself until it becomes a "beta".

Ok, game plan is, up to Doc's truck and before the trains:

0.1.3: Delorean Time Travel Effects

0.1.3.1(?): Delorean Sparks

0.1.4: Delorean Reentry Effects

0.1.5: Cutscene

0.2.0: Final BTTF2

0.2.1: BTTF1 and BTTF3 Deloreans Time Travel

0.2.2: BTTF1 Effects

0.2.3: BTTF3 Effects

0.2.4: BTTF3RR Effects

0.3.0: Final Deloreans

0.3.1: Doc's Truck and animations, possibly usable by deloreans

0.3.2(?): usability

0.4.0: Final Doc's Truck

Thank god for the attach_car_to_car opcode of SA. Means the truck doesn't need an extra.

Its not wise to keep a beta to myself since I barely do hardcore testing.

Besides, the bugs I expect are not the crashing type. More like programming errors, like flying delorean loses wheels type, lol.

lol if that's the case then I guess it's not bad to release a version of the beta, but it wouldn't be considering it a pre-beta if you do. In other words, I'd go with what Mike said -- finish the version before releasing it. :P

Thank god for the attach_car_to_car opcode of SA

So that means the DeLorean can just attach itself into place inside the truck, right? Awesome.

Doc's truck worked in Zero's mod, the only problem you will face is getting the delorean out of Doc's truck! I'm pretty sure it was a .col error, but the del always got stuck in the roof of doc's truck as soon as the back doors had opened.

And sometimes, when you went around a corner too sharp with the del in the back, the del was fired forwards up the ramp and off into the distance :lol:

Edited by Orgcon

you re not sure for the spark??? it's shame

Edited by zero

no, i'm not sure if we're going to release 0.1.3 with the sparks, rendering 0.1.3.1 obsolete, or just release it as it is now and have 0.1.3.1 with sparks instead.

If you paid attention to the discussion, you'd be seeing that we're planning to release it as it is since I'm busy.

When you say effects do you just mean special effects and/or sound effects? regarding the different releases? I was just wondering about sound effects and if there was any plans to work on them ?

the only sound effects changes were the keypad and the 0.2e hover conversion sounds.

I will add the sparks sound before it is released since now we have effects.

ok thanks ,i haven't played the vc version yet just order it though £4 can't moan at that ,seen the videos

looks really good.

ok thanks ,i haven't played the vc version yet just order it though £4 can't moan at that ,seen the videos

looks really good.

4 quid!? What condition is it in?

Well i aint seen it yet but it said good condition ,thing is i only want it for this mod cause i still have them all for my ps2 ,and i used to actually own the pc version a few years back but can't for the life of me remember what happend to it,also i cant find it any where in the shops looked all over!

Guest Gameznerd
yep

If you only say that it could be seen as spamming :P Oh well. Nice effects Blue as always.

Sign in to follow this