Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
John DeLorean

Back to the Future Hill Valley using a PlayStation Controller

Alright, guys, I was just playing BttF: HV with my PS Controller, and the DeLoreans WON'T time travel. Also, the BttF 2 DeLorean keeps going to Hover Mode, then Drive Mode...over and over, and try to move the DeLorean...crashes! I'd like for you guys to help me resolve the problem. If you'd rather type on about details, I'll make a YouTube Video so you'll see what I see. OK?

What do you guys use to make the PlayStation controller work with GTA:VC, actually?

Be sure every key in the PlayStation controller is assigned, and be sure you're actually pressing the right buttons for specific functions in the game.

I actually had the same problem with my PS/PC steering wheel, but it had pair of special editable buttons, that's where it went wrong for me.. I don't know to solve your problem..

What do you guys use to make the PlayStation controller work with GTA:VC, actually?

Be sure every key in the PlayStation controller is assigned, and be sure you're actually pressing the right buttons for specific functions in the game.

If it's a PS3 controller all you gotta do is plug it in to your PC and download a driver. PS1/2 you need an adapter thing or something.

I saw them a couple of times. I use an app for iPhone as a controller though.

I use a logitech controller that's just a generic version of the PS controller... works fine... only problem i had was i ran out of assignable buttons so i can't open the train without the keyboard... but flying mode is so much easier to control with the controller... if you assign the buttons correctly. i have the time circuits set for L1 and R1 CapsLck and Ctrl

Well, the problem with the Controller isn't the Time Circuits/Controller Buttons, it's when I have the PS3 Controller plugged into the USB port...unplug it, and the DeLoreans will Time Travel WITHOUT a problem. And when I get into the DMC-13...well, let's just say that I can reach GREAT heights, making it impossable to get a DMC-13 Time Machine.

why do you feel the need to colour all your posts?

is it a ps1 2 or 3 controller

I liked Guitar Hero...it had LOTS of Colors!

And, I have the PS3 Controller...EVERY action works exept for the Time Traveling...Time Circuits, and Refuling of the DeLoreans...but I hit 88...no Time Traveling...Unplug the Controller, I can Time Travel perfectly.

I have done a little work on 0.2e, and the Right Analog Stick is what is making the Time Machines fly, then drive in an eternal loop...I have to have the Right Analog Stick centered (To where the Computer thinks it's centered, that is).

Well the right analog stick is for Turret controls, since the Turret buttons are what activate hover mode. Now the loop thing, can't help you there.

What? It's strange that it does that. Maybe the controller is causing some kind of glitch to the game, or something... You'd be better off just going to Wal-Mart and buying a $20 Logitech Controller.

Edited by Nikaido

If it's a PS3 controller all you gotta do is plug it in to your PC and download a driver. PS1/2 you need an adapter thing or something.

I'm talking about the PS2 controller. I currently have a PS3 controller as a joystick, and just in case we get a PS3 unit sooner than expected. Bought the thing myself while it was discounted.

I'm guessing it's a code-related problem. The if-conditions in the code may not be compatible with the controller -- i.e. if you're riding a DeLorean and the time circuits are activated, the game can't tell if you're really riding the DeLorean when you're using the controller, so no time travel.

Not exactly, I have downloaded Back to the Future: Hill Valley 0.2d, and I can Time Travel exceptionally well...all I have to deal with in 0.2d is that the White Time Bar (that thing in front of the current Time Machine) won't stay solid.

Guest Praise Jehovah!

I have a suggestion, use the controller for games that are not Back to the Future related, like on the origonal GTA Vice City, or on VC:MP.

What's the point, it's the same game.

Well, let me see...I can use the PS3 Controller on pretty much any game...exept Back to the Future: Hill Valley...I'm not sure what to do, but I'll try what Praise Jehovah! said.

Guest Praise Jehovah!

It's a mod to GTA Vice City, therefore it isn't the same game, as it's not Back to the Future related, believe me, John, you'll be better off just using the keyboard in Back to The Future Hill Valley.

FFS, it's the VERY SAME GAME with code changes. The engine is the same the code language is the same, even the map is the same. There might be control conflicts due to new functions, but it is the same game.

Edited by  iPro

I have done a little work on 0.2e, and the Right Analog Stick is what is making the Time Machines fly, then drive in an eternal loop...I have to have the Right Analog Stick centered (To where the Computer thinks it's centered, that is).

Are you sure you dont have a crappy FAKE PS controller with a 'Turbo' button!? Cause I remember having one. Every time you accidentally hit the turbo button the game messed up no matter what PS game you were playing! :lol:

I'm talking about the PS2 controller. I currently have a PS3 controller as a joystick, and just in case we get a PS3 unit sooner than expected. Bought the thing myself while it was discounted.

I'm guessing it's a code-related problem. The if-conditions in the code may not be compatible with the controller -- i.e. if you're riding a DeLorean and the time circuits are activated, the game can't tell if you're really riding the DeLorean when you're using the controller, so no time travel.

I pretty much doubt that.

I'd rather say the computer makes your computer lagging.

When my PC does that (e.g. when running a lot programs in background) I can't reach the right speed 'cause of this.

Try jumping off a high building. If it then still doesn't work it could be something different.

Sign in to follow this