Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

How did the lybians find Doc?

My guess was that they knew Doc lived in Hill Valley. So, they searched around for any sign of him, like a Buisness, or a sign, or a large truck with his name proudly plastered on the side of it. They had probably looked around all of Hill Valley before they got to the mall, as by the time Marty runs from downtown to the mall, it's a long time.

They used the yellow pages.

Yellow Pages? That makes no sense... Doc wouldn't be listed under the "Doc Brown, Scientist: Parking Lot of Twin/Lone Pines Mall (west side)"... And the google maps thing is funny but unrealistic... 1985 not even internet... Unless Doc let them use the time machine first to go to the future look him up and then came back and said there he is!!! Sorry... Probably checked his house then started searching everywhere else... and saw his van as they drove by...

Uh, they can easily look up Emmet L. Brown. Found him and simply followed him till he was in a lone area to kill him.

Edited by archer9234

What if they taped into the phone call doc had with marty, or heck, even followed him know he was a friend of Doc.

Hum , maybe they know Marty is a friend of Doc , and they see him go somewhere and the libyans follow him ... :)

I have a better explanation. They stole the script, :P.

Edited by archer9234

Oh my god. They've found me. I don't know how, but they've found me. Run, Marty!..

This p**ses off :lol:

I personally think Lybians simply noticed Doc's van in the middle of Twin/Lone Pine/s Mall's parking lot(not mentioning the fact they drove past by clocktower for some reason :rolleyes:)

Edited by -RG-

Hum , maybe they know Marty is a friend of Doc , and they see him go somewhere and the libyans follow him ... :)

You stole my idea, I wrote that first.

What if they taped into the phone call doc had with marty, or heck, even followed him know he was a friend of Doc.

See, I highlight the part that you stole from me.

X-D X-D

To -RG- , I like your idea :

" Hey , man , it's not Brown's van ?!

You're right ! Can I kill him ? Please please please !

Ok !

Thanks , man !"

( they already have a Rocket Launcher and a AK-47 in the trunk ... :eyebrow::huh: )

LOL at Google Maps idea.

On the serious side, it wouldn't obviously be Google Maps. Heck, Google was founded in 1998, and the commercialization of international computer networks didn't start until mid-1990s.

They would have used a lot of ways to track down Doc. Just think of the technologies that existed in the '80s.

Ummmm.... Time Travel, Personal Tape Player, JVC Personal Recording Camera, Thriller, and Plutonium.

Only McGuyver could build something out of that which is capable of tracking someone.

The tracking system is still in its infancy or childhood back in the '80s. The tracking systems the Libyans can use that time were not that sophisticated, and Doc would easily lose them by going as far as a mile or less.

These are the most possible ways:

- They "taped into the phone call Doc had with Marty" like what BTTFTIME said and something '80s technology CAN do.

- They sent someone or they paid someone to spy on the doctor and give him information about his home, etc.

- Doc's inability to hide himself from the Libyans -- the best example of this would be the truck that has "his name proudly plastered on the side of it"

If they searched the house, they would have easily missed Doc since after all he contacted Marty outside, through a payphone or something. They couldn't have also saw him when they drove by then chased him because, if they did, the chase would have already taken place by the time they saw Doc and before he could even make it to the mall. When future Marty returned back to the future, the Libyans were driving fast as though they know Doc's in the mall.

if you understood it then you should have known he wasnt looking for a real answer

Sign in to follow this