Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

The Sims 2/3 Contest

The Best House  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which house is best?

• Archer's
    • GrimReaper's

This is my first idea for a contest with The Sims 2/3. I Hope you all will enjoy it.

This contest has to do with houses and money. You have 3 days to prepare and show a pic. Voting will commence on the third day at 8:00 PM my time which is eastern (Cananda and eastern seaboard of the United States). Voting will end the next day.

Contest Directions:

1) Start a new game

2) Buy a lot NOT A HOUSE then edit that lot (you don't need a Sim to do so, just be in Edit Neighborhood mode)

3) Build upon your lot the most beautiful and well-designed house you can ever make with whatever you want.

Contest Rules:

• Don't use the cheat more than once
  • If you do you will be disqualified and be suspened from my competitions for 2 months
  • you need at least 3 pics to enter the competition, You can enter more
  • the pics must include the Outside and Inside

Voting:

• Votes will be contained in a poll topic
  • Your vote must be based on your favorite house

I wish you all good luck. I posted this here because the contest forum I believe is for GTA Hill Valley Contests

Edited by angeloelibz24
Corrected the rules and stuff; DK decided to remove the money limit

Oooo, piece of cake to me. Too bad I don't have the Sims 3, don't wanna spend my money on something else besides hardware.

Advise for some Windows Vista and Windows 7 RC users: When opening the console, it's CTRL + SHIFT + WINDOWS KEY + C. Pressing the keys without Windows key may or may not work.

Oooo, piece of cake to me.

Not really. You have to make the most beautiful house possible to win. People, especially architects or architecture students, will be good at this one.

Like I said: Piece of cake.

Well if you want to prove it is a piece of cake do it yourself and prove it to us. Then again, you don't have The Sims 3, so you can't. :P

iPro: you'd just design the mac house. it wouldnt have any windows :P

Actually it'd just have really low and wide windows.

Yes, yes I did.

don't wanna spend my money

;)

Not really. You have to make the most beautiful house possible to win. People, especially architects or architecture students, will be good at this one.

@DK:

That's what I want to know from you, what is the goal of this contest?

Most beautiful home? Most money? Best job? Most children :lol:?

Also I haven't tested this yet, but does the familyfunds cheat still exist?

'Cause this way you can create a basis that is more fair

familyfunds <name of the household> 50000

would give the Sims exactly 50,000§.

Also I haven't tested this yet, but does the familyfunds cheat still exist?

Yes, it does, but you need the testing cheats enabled first.

testingcheatsenabled true

oops I forgot to add that part :P The contest is about who can build the greatest house. Now what's included is landscaping. So it needs to look good both outside and inside :P

Yes, it does, but you need the testing cheats enabled first.

testingcheatsenabled true

Uhmhm... Never needed that in TS2 as far as I can remember.

oops I forgot to add that part :P The contest is about who can build the greatest house. Now what's included is landscaping. So it needs to look good both outside and inside :P

*Goes to sister for help* :P

ARGH

The ironic part is that Sims is one of the game serieses available for Mac :P

Advise for some Windows Vista and Windows 7 RC users: When opening the console, it's CTRL + SHIFT + WINDOWS KEY + C. Pressing the keys without Windows key may or may not work.

Not really...Mine works fine. (I mean my sister's laptop works fine)

I may or may not take part of this contest. I'm not that good at designing houses, let alone a lot (the outside like the backyard, I mean). That would be the profession of my sister, who won't be around at home 'till Saturday when she goes home from her dorm.

i m reinstalling sims 3 to take part in this contest ( i use a no dvd crack coz i copied mine from my brothers disk)

Same here. My bro installed it in his PC before I did, so I had to use a crack to play the thing. The only thing that bothers me is that I can't download any of the downloadable content from EA's site. <_<

Not really...Mine works fine. (I mean my sister's laptop works fine)

I did say "some" who has Vista or Win7. :P When I first installed it in my Windows 7 RC, the original CTRL + SHIFT + C works fine. But after Microsoft installed an update, it's no longer working. You had to press the Windows Key to open the damn console. I'm guessing your sister's Vista is not that up-to-date.

Sims 3 offers a different cheat that gives the same amount of money. motherlode

Did you read my post? If so, you must have misunderstood me.

'Cause with familyfunds, which is much more "powerful" than motherload/kaching you can specify how many money the household should either get, loose or have. So you can give an exact value they should have, that's why I said that.

Oh and enlarging the contest to TS2 would be quite good for me if I had takem place in the contest, the boolprop constrainfloorelevation false cheat is a good styling helper ;).

Does it stillexists in TS3?

Oh and enlarging the contest to TS2 would be quite good for me if I had takem place in the contest, the boolprop constrainfloorelevation false cheat is a good styling helper ;).

Does it stillexists in TS3?

Yup. In fact it's the first cheat that you'll see in the console when you enter the code "help". :P

The code is shorter than TS2's:

constrainFloorElevation false

As for the familyfunds cheat, it's like what I've said earlier. Just enable the testing cheats then enter the cheat like how you type and enter it in TS2.

Oh yeah, as for the 50,000 Simoleans money limit, you need to make the money bigger for TS2 users. In TS3, recoloring furniture, wall textures, etc. as well as raising/lowering terrain or making ponds or putting on "terrain paints" (grass and stuff) don't cost you anything. In TS2, they do. So those who have TS3 won't cost them much if they try to do what I just said than those who have TS2.

And what's the price if you win???

i m entering in this constest moved pics into other post

Edited by Grim Reaper1666
Images warapped in a spoiler, taking less space this way

Sign in to follow this