Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
K.I.T.T.

2009 Victorian Bushfires

There have been 31 fires in the bush areas of Victoria, Australia. The death toll is currently 135, expected to rise to over 230. 80 people in hospital with serious burns. Over 750 homes, 330,000 ha of property has been destroyed. 80% of a town called Marysville has been turned to ash. There are various confirmed sources including arson (suspected to be the major source, confirmed in Gippsland), cigarette butts (Bendigo) and lightning strikes (Gippsland and Grampians). This is a terrible disaster for Australia. Coming at the worse possible time, during the worst heatwave Australia's ever seen, with record breaking highs in temperatures. Reaching temperatures of up to 47.9 °C (118.2 °F) in areas normally quite cool.

http://www.welt.de/english-news/article317...ll-missing.html

Terrible really. I was coming in here with Rugby and Kangaroo jokes, but then when I saw the total, I just shut up.

Glad you ain't near it KITT

yeah. me too. i have a friend whos father lives down near there though. i hope nothing happens to him

my friend says a friend of his down in victoria lost his house

I hope the families/relatives/friends of those who died will be alright after this incident. I'm in a similar case as Ronnboy's: I myself am encountering serious problems and incidents recently, which makes me think lately that my life sucks, but when I saw this everything I worry about just went away. I just turned all of my attention here for some reason.

I just watched Simon Wells' move The Time Machine, and when I saw this I imagined what it would be like if your loved one was one of those who died in the bushfire, and you're this eccentric mad Australian scientist who created a time machine and planned to go back to prevent the bushfire at any possible means, which later turned out that you did prevent the cause(s) but then did something to repeat the same or a similar incident which resulted to her death.

Predestination Paradox is one of many time loops that annoys you or rather disappoints you when you try to change the past. When you do something to, for example, prevent someone's death by keeping him/her away from the cause of the death, you'll later find out that he/she will still die through an other way, and no matter how many times you go back and try to prevent it, the same thing happens in the end.

Predestination Paradox is one of many time loops that annoys you or rather disappoints you when you try to change the past. When you do something to, for example, prevent someone's death by keeping him/her away from the cause of the death, you'll later find out that he/she will still die through an other way, and no matter how many times you go back and try to prevent it, the same thing happens in the end.

It's because according to that theory the Universe has to correct what happened without majorly effecting the Timeline. Alot of people also say that the human soul is closely linked to the underlining fabric of the Universe and that if a person doesn't die when their suppose to, the Universe will do all it can to correct that error (like in Final Destination). But this is all pure speculation, since there is no way to prove it, yet...

Sorry for going off-topic.

ok lets time travel i d turn off my great uncles fireplace and record to see what happens(he died because of carbon monoxide poiasoning)

If you turned off the fireplace he wouldn't die of Carbon Monoxide poisoning because there would be no fire. Now if you closed the fireplace's flue and kept the fire burning then he would die.

I misunderstood your post. Sorry.

Found these images of the destruction the fire left in it's wake.

09australia02-500.jpg

26824790.JPG

09australia-600.jpg

apparently it got so bad that our fire department sent some guys over there to help.

where i live is directly east of where the fires are so the weather over here has been REALLY s*** and the place has had this odd smoky smell about it. of course we're in no danger though being seperated by a large body of water and all.

but seriously iv been watching this on the news and its actually left ME with nothing to say.. im just f***ing stunned

KITT u are a car with a pyroclastic lamination? Why u dont pick u frend up and go to u home

ok lets time travel i d turn off my great uncles fireplace and record to see what happens(he died because of carbon monoxide poiasoning)

Hellow that causes a PARADOX!

Edited by 88 miles per hour

KITT u are a car with a pyroclastic lamination? Why u dont pick u frend up and go to u home

if youre going to make jokes about the most devastating natural disaster in australian history which has taken at least 200 lives, maybe up to 500, then you can just stay the hell out of this topic. i know a lot of people who would punch you in the face for making that comment.

Hey juist calm down

ive must be happy i live in holland :P

88 you never think when you talk do you. could you stop trying to be funny? youv never ever succeeded at it. you remember all that crap about washers and dryers? THAT WAS NOT FUNNY.

your an un funny annoying friendless little twerp who needs to grow up or gtfo

EWJ SHUTUP! No one can command me even Mike and KITT cant

Sign in to follow this