Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnyboy

The Mod at The DeLorean Car Show?

You see, every year there is a DeLorean Car Show in different parts of the U.S. Now 2010, it will be held in Lexington, Kentucky. I will be going, but I want to make more of an impact. I have been talking to the supervisor and there is a possibility we could get a small area to show off the mod.

Imagine, a large banner with the BTTF:HV logo on it, and below on a 22'' LCD monitor rests a special 5 minute trailer for the mod as we have set ups for people to try it out. We could make pamphlets and sell out coffee mugs, mouse pads, flash drives containing the mods files.

Not only would this get the mods name out there, but it would increase support for the mod, and possibly extra help.

So this is all in the talks still, but would the Mod overseers like this idea?

lol, coffee mugs and mouse pads

well you never know. bob gale might be there, see the mod and then fund us :P NOT!

i don't think it'll be a huge hit.

Real car....or virtual car =P

it seems cool, i like it but we need 0.2f as the trailer, if not the addons. it will be bigger then

Who would pay for it all & who would do it?

I would be glad to cover all expenses.

I know it may sound crazy, but I do believe this could help us grow a larger fan base.

the problem is the majority of the delorean car show people are the old guys who aren't gamers

I agree, but I would be glad to set up a few PC's with a demo so they can at least try, and maybe buy the game for their PC's, and then get the mod.

I agree, but I would be glad to set up a few PC's with a demo so they can at least try, and maybe buy the game for their PC's, and then get the mod.

Old people playing a game that crashes every 5 minutes?

Old people playing a game that crashes every 5 minutes?

If they have any problems, they can come to the forums like it will say in the pamphlet. Here they can ask questions and get support for their gaming needs.

So what do you say? Can I get the access to use the logo's, advertise the mod, and give demos?

So what do you say? Can I get the access to use the logo's, advertise the mod, and give demos?

You would probably have to ask Mike.

i LOL at an old guy coming on here asking how to drive.

Maybe just make a 10 minutes advert video of the mod? I'm sure that they know how to press 'Play'... :lol:

Edited by Futureman

LOL @ PLATINA!

Maybe just make a 10 minutes advert video of the mod? I'm sure that they know how to press 'Play'... :lol:

Well I would have it playing on an LCD screen as like a preview thing. But I would have a demo up for them to try, so they can try driving and fiddling with the controls.

I got an email back saying that we could easily get a booth, and for free as well. So I am going to PM Mike about this as well.

coffee mugs flash drives and everything for sale is a BIG no no

you'll get your a** sued off. mostly by universal

coffee mugs flash drives and everything for sale is a BIG no no

you'll get your a** sued off. mostly by universal

It was an idea, but I guess you are right. Would be nice to have something like that, hell even a t-shirt I would buy.

you cant try and make any money off back to the future without universals permission, and that wouldnt be cheap