Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
♠Grim♂ Reaper 1666◙

the real reason/s why you shouldn't drink and drive

Not funny... People die because of this you know...

I once got a DUI. My blood alcohol level was under the legal limit but I was under the legal age. So I got cited for DUI (minor), the ticket only cost me $125 and they took the citation off my record.

you know you couldv appealed that and not had to pay anything provided you had a valid drivers license, they cant give you a dui for being under the legal drinking age if your still under the legal limit, you just tell them that you were at a private family gathering with parental supervision.

how old were you out of curiosity?

I was 20 (4 months away from 21) but I still had to pay. Ahh... it wasn't that much money so I'm ok with it.

drink driving is FANTASTIC. it helps advance the human race through a process called natural selection, a process which lately has been dying out due to a horile thing called a WARENING LABEL.

anyone who has no idea what im talking about would do well to have a few drinks and then try and break the world landspeed record during rush hour in manhattan.

what i wonder is how much coffee would it take to force evolution?

There is such thing as "devolution", or "backward evolution". :P I remember watching one hilarious movie about a group of people being put to stasis by the US government for an experiment and then waking up in an era where the human race itself (or just their cultures, lifestyles and turned-retarded minds from what I can tell) "devolved" to a point that perfecting a 20-item third grader test makes an adult the smartest person on Earth.

But scientifically speaking, I don't think it is possible to evolve nor "devolve" when we persuade the entire human race and the younger generations that come to drink. Caffeine, or alcohol, or wine ain't that powerful enough to alter human DNA, cause genetic mutations or the like. The stuff we influence through this instead are just cultural and psychological than genetic. But it is possible, though, to influence evolution indirectly this way -- that is, if, by chance, we ever get to a point that alcohol or coffee becomes a need in human survival (a.k.a. natural selection).

what i wonder is how much coffee would it take to force evolution?

you have NO idea how evolution works do you? we didnt just magically transform from monkeys into humans one day, its an EXTREMELY slow process that will only take place if the environment the animal is in is not 100% suited to the speceis common needs.

this is were survival of the fittest takes effect. imagine a very cold hostile environment where you have to fight for your speceis to survive, the ones who survive will obviously be the bigger, stronger faster ones so there for theyr the ones who get to breed and they have bigger stronger faster children. just like if you have two blonde parents your very likely to be blonde yourself

thats what happened with the apes humans evolved from, the smarter ones were the ones who survived and were more likely to breed, so eventually primitive man was smart enough to invent the tool and eventually the weapon, and then eventually clothes (which did away with the need for excess body hair.

the environment that a speceis develops in dictates whos most likely survives and therefore also dictates how said speceis develops.

that ends todays science lesson boys and girls, next week we discuss how the theory of evolution disproves orthodox christianity making the majority of modern society built on false assumptions and lies

yaaaaay

that ends todays science lesson boys and girls, next week we discuss how the theory of evolution disproves orthodox christianity making the majority of modern society built on false assumptions and lies

lol actually Catholic Christianity is the majority, not Orthodox, but speaking of which dunno why Orthodox Christianity, as well as Protestantism, considers everything Moses wrote in the book of Genesis (the "book of creation") true and literal.

We Catholics, in other hand, just consider it all symbolism due to the fact that it wasn't mentioned that Moses got help from God or the like to write it in the first place -- he just looked at his surroundings, wondered the what's, how's and why's, and wrote whatever he can interpret, much like a poet, or a Greek philosopher if you will. All we know that the beginning of the universe remains a mystery at the moment, and is only told about through human interpretations until we find concrete proof to prove all our theories, speculations or guesses true -- I guess this fact makes us at least able to devote ourselves to science without disagreeing with our religious beliefs (and probably be the reason why we are called "Catholic" (meaning "universal")).

Possibly, the reason why the Orthodox Christians disapprove the Theory of Evolution because it is, in fact, a theory. We have still yet to prove about evolution or correct concerning evolution before we can consider it a law, such as the fact that the Law of Thermodynamics having conflicts with some or most of the theory itself that can ultimately disprove it. Fortunately, we are near to proving it all true...but I don't think making it a law would convince the Orthodox that they're wrong.

Nothing ever would. In till Society reaches a point that it stops believing in "God".

It is in our characteristic as Christians to believe in God (what would the religion be for?), so I don't think it would be possible for people to stop believing in God.

Unless some cruel ruler attempts to execute all believers and leave the atheists behind.

It can easily happen. Think about it. Children of the future will get bored of going to church, like they do now, and stop. If it repeats, eventually practically no one goes. People are to busy to even go, by just their normal workload, as well.

That's what you think in your country. Here in our country, and many other countries apparently, being not able to go to the church is something we (completely) avoid. We don't necessarily need to go to church in Sundays -- if work stands in our way, we can just go to church on other days, which is possible.

Also, bored children can change. Myself, for instance, was a Christian who acts like an atheist, who didn't care about the church and my religion that I used to call crap, but now I have a big collection of church stuff and an expensive statue of a 7-year old Jesus in the side table of my bed.

Religions are more than just making people believe. During homilies in a holy mass, the priest is more likely to talk about the lesson to be learned from the read passage from the bible than our belief in God -- the priest pretty much knows that as Christians we no longer to be taught that we have to believe in God.

Also, not going to church will not make you turn away from your religion. Myself, for instance, still believes in God after I tried attacking that nun and shouted "s***!" on her when I was still a brat (that was also the first time I said a "bad word") lol. As long as your parents are faithful to that religion, you'll also end up being faithful unless they did something to make you turn away from it.

Unless some cruel ruler attempts to execute all believers and leave the atheists behind.

i want to do that :D

my santanism makes me want to destroy relgion

(you know i have bin babtised but i don't go to church abd i turned away from relgion when be prayers for my gerbil made him worse [he died basically] this made me lose my protestant/ relgious faith if i go to heaven i would be killing god) i don't think i will go to heaven(mainly coz i wrote 666 20 times in science on wensday)

reaper you have NO idea what satanism is or how it works, your not impressing anyone so stop being a douche

:D

as for evolution being simply a "theory" theres too much evidence to simply refer to it as a theory anymore, its prettymuch proven fact nowadays. evolution is simple genetics extended over looong periods of time, common traits passed down from generation to generation its unavoidable and i dont think you fully understand it angelo.

as for god helping moses and etc there are many different things that could explain that, moses could simply have been an EXTREMELY intelligent man and he used gotd as a sort of term to explain his intelligence, and others mistook what he was saying for reference to a higher power. the reason people started beleiving in god is because they had little information about the world around them and didnt have the means to explore as in depth into the planet and its inhabitants as we do today so an all knowing all seeing being seemed like the most logcal answer at the time.

i cant understand how religion has lasted this long when science has answered alot of the questions that used to be atteributed to an otherworldly figure, its an old fashioned form of science if you will. i think its time humanity dropped the veil of ignorance and allowed ourselves to progress.

Sign in to follow this