Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
♠Grim♂ Reaper 1666◙

the real reason/s why you shouldn't drink and drive

No, I fully understand. The reason why I said "alter human DNA" because it's sorta impossible for alcohol to become a need for survival in the future no matter how our environment would end up in the future. The only possible way to make it able to influence evolution is for it to be able to alter DNA in a way that humans will be better and more adaptable than before, and that these new favorable acquired traits can be passed down to generations. Most of it was actually just a joke, including the "devolution" thing, lol.

And yes there are indeed too much evidence on evolution, but the reason why it's still a theory because it's not only we still lack some more evidence but also it's somewhat contradicting to some laws like the Law of Thermodynamics. The mentioned law can be enough to disprove most of the theory, despite the numerous evidences we have. If we were to prove a theory true, we need more than just "too much evidence". Just one great evidence would be enough to prove a theory. It really all depends on the type of evidences we find.

And the reason why religion lasted this long is because it's more than just the belief and faith, like I've said earlier. Not all religions have beliefs that contradicts with facts of modern day science, and even with science there are still too many questions to consider.

Off topic!

This is the Playground section. Going off topic isn't taken too seriously here. :P

religion is still around today for the same reason that old fables and folk songs are, theyr passed down from parent to child and the child being young and naieve beleives them, untill theyr older and discover that its just a story.

except with religion its on a much larger scale and people never realise its a story.

also becuase stupid people put money into religion and try as hard as they can to not make their investment go to waste. hence why we have jehovahs witnesses, i could tell you a couple funny stories about what iv done to some of them that came to my house if you wanna hear :D

religion is still around today for the same reason that old fables and folk songs are, theyr passed down from parent to child and the child being young and naieve beleives them, untill theyr older and discover that its just a story.

except with religion its on a much larger scale and people never realise its a story.

Say all you want about religions "being just a story", just telling it like that won't prove enough that it is, even with modern day science. Yeah, we can say a fire accompanied with strange sounds coming out of nowhere started some religions, but that's not likely be the case. We lack concrete evidence onto how certain religions started. We don't even know (yet) for sure how and who started it all.

also becuase stupid people put money into religion and try as hard as they can to not make their investment go to waste. hence why we have jehovahs witnesses, i could tell you a couple funny stories about what iv done to some of them that came to my house if you wanna hear :D

Go ahead. I like stories. I wouldn't mind much if we're already really going off topic right now. :lol:

Speaking of which, this is sorta becoming a religion-atheist topic lol.

i think that jesus powers were faked i bet he was always fissed as a part

How can he have faked it exactly? I mean, faking a walking-on-water stunt and even making it more realistic by making another person (Peter) do the same thing, and even making that person fail at being able to stand and walk on water long enough and eventually fall onto the water, and grabbing him to prevent from drowning while still standing on water, without letting him and the others realize all of this is fake is the hardest thing he has ever did and would probably be the greatest (and the most desperately-done) con in history. :blink:

I mean, if Jesus did use support readily placed underwater (which is very less likely), how could he have done it all in the middle of a very deep body of water by simply just stepping out of a boat and literally stepping on the water like it's solid ground? Even modern-day stuff that we have can't do that to us that easily (take one of the episodes of Mythbusters as an example).

Unless he's a sort of a bearded and long-haired time traveler from the year 3000 who used very advanced tech to fool everyone and change history, or some psychokinetic shape-shifting alien who visited Earth and started a very influential religion himself to ensure most of the human race don't make themselves extinct ever since they started killing themselves a long time ago. :mellow::lol:

the way i see it, jesus pioneerd the trick of the eye "magic" used by modern magicians. he would have performed some form of magic trick(or tricks, and not necessarily what it says in the bible) and people didnt question it because as far as they knew these things couldnt be faked. and you have to take the fact that there MUST have been MASSIVE exaggerations over time (it has been 2000 years after all) that keep getting updated to make him to coninue to be a major religious figure.

religion is like an ancient form of science, people look at what they knew and try and find a way to explain it, somone suggests there was an all powerful creator, somone else goes HEY i can make money off of that so they write HOW the earth was created (adam and eve etc) and it builds on from there with people taking advantage of religion for their own benefit (pretending o have visions etc) or mistaking their own genious/mental illness for divine intervention (like moses). the difference between this ancient science and modern science is most of the teachings from modern science have actually been DISCOVERED not thought up as a possible explination.

and tell me, what evidence does evolution NOT have? its a combination between common sense, process of elimination and simple logic.

for example (AGAIN)

1. global temperatures drop and the world is plunged into an ice age.

2. (looking at humans specifically) the weaker, dumber, thinner people die out leaving just the strong ones to survive and breed

3. the strong and smart ones who manage to survive the cold produce children who carry their genetic traits, the children are taught what the parents know and manage to survive as well.

4. the environment keeps changing and the people who are worse suited to it are less likely to survive therefore the ones who are better suited are the ones who are more likely to breed.

it isnt like theres some secret code in monkey DNA that says LOL TURN INTO A HUMAN NOW LOL.

evolution is the effects of the survival of the fittest, how can you say its not true?

I'm saying or suggesting evolution is not true. I know it's a fact. I'm just saying "Evolution is still considered a theory". I'm just repeating what those biology geeks said and are still saying about evolution. Like Grim Reaper said, "there is a missing link". Until we find that "missing link", we can't scientifically prove the part of the theory that makes it a theory true.

Yes, evolution occurs when our race needs to survive in the changing environment. Even the weak species survive because they adapt and change physically for the better so that they can now survive in an environment that they once had problems in living in, and most of all they won't be considered prey anymore. Our ancestors are even considered weak species back then because we were always the prey. When we changed physically from plant-eating monkeys to omnivorous highly-intelligent primates, we became the top of the food chain. In fact, because of evolution, one of our ancestors, when our family tree split into two, made our other ancestor in the other branch of the tree prey for the sake of survival and because they're smarter and have evolved more further (it's homo erectus and homo habilis respectively, as far as I can remember).

And, again, I'm mentioning about law of thermodynamics having conflicts with the theory of evolution. You can't say it's a lie because thermodynamics is a law, which is fully-proven to be true.

I know all of these since second year high school. I never went to third and fourth year high without knowing this. Even my biology teacher said that it's still a theory, despite of the evidences.

the only way scientsts would say its fact not theory is if they could find a way to actually watch humans evolve from monkeys for fear of getting their a**es punded into the ground by certain religious orginisations. the only reason evolution isnt declared proven fact is because there are so many people who refuse to beleive it.

and as for a missing link, its not neccesary, its just an old wives tale. scientists alredy have several skeletons of primitive man that are all genetically similar and have been labeled or organised or whatever you want to call it (theyr actually spread across the world in several museums and etc) in an evolutionary order. there is no "missing link" there are several skeletons that share traits with both humans and apes, which is exactly what this "missing link" is supposed to be.

Sign in to follow this