Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
♠Grim♂ Reaper 1666◙

internet explorer flaw

I use IE, it's just convenient, but yeah as GS said, old news, plus the fix for this was released today.

IE is horrible. It so damn slow. <_<

dunno... For me, FF is the most slow, then comes IE/Opera/Safari/any others, and the fastest for me is Google Chrome :lol:

On the contrary, I have discovered that Firefox is about 35% faster then IE. :P

On the contrary, I have discovered that Firefox is about 35% faster then IE. :P

Couldn't be more pleased for you.

idc about how fast it is. i prefer the layout and the features of firefox over any other web browser

Don't you need Internet Explorer to download stuff from Microsoft? I tried downloading updates and stuff from Microsoft and Firefox never opens a download thing.

Internet Explorer fails again :whata:

IE always fails. :P

Don't you need Internet Explorer to download stuff from Microsoft? I tried downloading updates and stuff from Microsoft and Firefox never opens a download thing.

Actually, you can. :o

lol I was expecting to find a topic like this in the forums for...3 days now. :P

Yes on XP. No on Vista. Windows Vista's Windows Update is now a separate program -- you no longer need Internet Explorer to download updates and stuff. If you need updates, you just have to run the Windows Update program then that program does the downloading and updating for you.

I rarely use IE in Vista, anyways, and also hackers will have to go a long way before they can hack Vista or create viruses and spywares for Vista, so I'm 95-100% safe for now (the 5% is when I actually get invaded by viruses, those viruses try to hack Vista's totally-different Windows Explorer but fails, then eventually Explorer crashes on me like s***).

because of this topic i got Mozilla Firefox and its THE BEST IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the best in my opinion. I happen to know Mozilla Firefox flaws too (both the latest and older versions).

Then which one is the best? FF1, FF2, or FF3?

I don't like FF3's new look and FF3 is slow.

FF3. I like the new look. And the reason why FF3 is slow is the same reason why the mod fails or slows down on your PC. :P

FF1 and FF2 have too many flaws compared to FF3.

Use Opera not Firefox

Opera also has flaws. I remember having 3 viruses invading my computer and affecting both my Firefox and Opera (latest versions). The viruses sabotaged Opera, rendering it useless, and even though I try to reinstall it they still render it useless. Firefox, on the other hand, only (annoyingly) altered its settings, where the settings differ every time I open Firefox.

yeah, the browser you use doesnt affect your security at all, it depends on what antivirus software and firewalls you use

lol what kind of firewall and/or virus software are you using?

It was actually a test. I put those viruses on purpose. :P

I tested 3 viruses that time, all programmed by me -- 1st is capable of altering Windows Explorer to hack through its settings, have itself installed onto all hard drives and plugged-in flash drives, and, most importantly, get data via Windows Explorer; 2nd is a "downloadable virus" that, when downloaded and installed to the computer via cookies, is capable of taking data from that computer and send them immediately to the "hacker PC" (my friend's PC); and the third is the combination of both -- a powerful virus capable of sabotaging the system by completely altering Windows' files for the sake of hacking through important data.

During the test, I tried installing the first virus via portable flash drive, the second via website, and third via website, flash drive and CD-ROM. I've tested 9 security programs that time, and they all failed miserably at stopping all 3 viruses, except for one -- SpySweeper. The following, during the test, were sabotaged by the viruses, rendering them useless, both with and without the security programs (exclud. SpySweeper):

1. Opera
  2. Mozilla Firefox
  3. Internet Explorer 7
  4. Steam
  5. GameSpy Arcade
  6. Some of the Adobe Creative Suite 3 programs
  7. World of Warcraft
  8. Half-Life 2
  9. Microsoft Visual Studio programs
  10. Virtual CD and the like
  11. Windows Media Player
  12. Notepad
  13. Paint
  14. Command Prompt
  15. WinZip
  16. Java and Flash
  17. DivX
  18. All instant messaging programs
  19. SpyDoctor 5
  20. AVG Internet Security Suite's Resident Shield
  21. AVG Internet Security Suite's Virus Vault
  22. Driver software for NVIDIA GeForce cards
  23. Driver software for Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3000 cards
  24. Windows Explorer
  25. DirectX Diagnostic Tool
  26. Windows XP itself
  27. Printer, keyboard, mouse
  28. Hard drives, flash drives
  29. etc...

Also, all browsers should have security features to keep viruses and spywares at bay and keeping itself from being sabotaged by them. For instance, this "internet explorer flaw" we're discussing here concerns a security hole in IE.

It was actually a test. I put those viruses on purpose. :P

I tested 3 viruses that time, all programmed by me

Just as long as you don't set it loose onto the internet your ok in my book. If you do plan to set it loose I have one thing to say, "It's ppl like you that give hackers a bad name" :P

Edited by Honest Joe Statler