Sign in to follow this  
ELBdelorean

Xmas is coming up soon...

360 or PC?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. 360 or PC?

• Xbox 360
    • eMachines PC

OK, Christmas is coming up and I have a couple of choices. I can either have 360 with accessories and games (which my mom tells me will cost over $700 [i'll ask her in the morning]) or this PC: http://www.emachines.com/products/products...?prod=ET1161-03] Which should I get?

Edited by Indiana Jones

even with windows on it, PC is less likely to fail :P

It should be PC or PS3. Who wants a console with 40% fail rate.

Indeed, PC! FTFW

Is the 360 still having problems of shorting out and all that, damn you'd think they'd have it fixed by now, no wonder they cut the price down to $199.

the failure rate dropped from 34% to 17% but its still much higher than the PS3s failure rate of less than 1%

If you get the new ones with the good chips. Who the hell wants to go in a store, check bar codes, to make sure you get the right one. All my friends who bought a 360, have all failed once.

For me, it would be PC. It's either those irritating red lights known as the "Red Rings of Death", or an annoying program under the name "User Account Control" that make numerous pop-ups with the options Continue and Cancel while making everything else you do and use more secure, safe and worry-free from stuff many call as "viruses" and "spywares" and noobs who call themselves "hackers" (this program does the worrying for you). What'd you choose?

Guest lebaron

You can turn UAC off if you want.. and it's becoming less restrictive and customizable in 7. I agree it sucks

I always thought PS3 is better than Xbox 360 except I thought Xbox LIVE is better than PS3's multi Player, I don't even know if PS3 has multiplayer.

Just get a PC........It's better.........

You can turn UAC off if you want.. and it's becoming less restrictive and customizable in 7. I agree it sucks

User Account Control is a security feature. It doesn't only control the actions of users, it also controls the actions of all types of programs -- installers, games, and even viruses and spywares. Turning off UAC completely will make Windows Vista or Windows 7 completely vulnerable to viruses as Windows XP.

There may be not as much viruses that can invade Windows Vista and will work fine, but most of these viruses can still try to hack through certain features of Vista and screw it up in the process. My dad tried turning off UAC once, and for the first time my Windows Vista screwed up because a virus tries to hack through Windows Explorer but failed and made the program crash every time it runs. In other words, UAC's trying to save my computer well before it was turned off, and for me it doesn't suck.

I'd still recommend having UAC turned on.

It all depends, PCs will cost a bit more in the long run if you are planning to play games. ( Monthly subscription fees, expansion packs, etc. ) You have to make sure the game you buy for your PC will work as opposed to a console on which the game you paid the same money as everyone else for will work just as good as everyone else. Not to mention most stores don't accept returns on PC games. So if you buy a game and it doesn't run on your computer, you are SOL. Not to mention viruses and conflicting programs and compatibility.

Overall. If you are just getting the computer to play games, save yourself the hassle and get a 360. That is after all their MAIN FUNCTION. To PLAY GAMES. I bought a new 360 back in July ( New as in brand new, not another 360 to replace a dead one ) and I haven't had ANY problems whatsoever with mine. Just make sure you take care of it and have proper ventilation and it should be fine.

P.S. a 360 + games WILL NOT cost $700

When I bought mine, I bought the 360 which was $300 new at the time, 1600 Microsoft Points which was $20, 3 games ( combined it was $85 ) a controller charger ( $15 ) and a year of Xbox Live ( $50 ) The trick? Buy USED games and accessories ( EXCEPT CONTROLLERS!! NEVER BUY USED CONTROLLERS )

Total, $470. Cost of the POS video card I have just to get most games to run? $80

Edited by Dark Slayer487

Tell that to my friend who did all that and it still died thanks to the heat sink failing. I'm not trying to put down Microsoft. But it's their fault that they made such a shi**y system. This is why I recommended a PS3.

My Computer teacher once said the US military uses modified Xbox 360's and modified PS3's because they have good graphics cards.

My Computer teacher once said the US military uses modified Xbox 360's and modified PS3's because they have good graphics cards.

That's possible. Xbox 360's and PS3's design is similar to that of a mini-PC. I tried hacking through an Xbox 360 once and the inside looked very similar to the interior of my mini-PC. In fact, its interior parts are enough for me to call it a mini-PC -- it has an IBM processor and an ATI graphics processor.

Sign in to follow this