:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
♠Grim♂ Reaper 1666◙

Post your desktop

What happens if you get a new desktop icon? :P That nice neat row will be ruined lol

It looks more like RocketDock (docking program which comes with the Vista BricoPack theme) than a bunch of icons being stacked onto one straight row. If they really were icons, they'd still have a bit of space from each other.

@Great Saiyaman: You can replace your Vista's sidebar with the Thoosje Sidebar. It's more customizable than Vista's.

It looks more like RocketDock (docking program which comes with the Vista BricoPack theme) than a bunch of icons being stacked onto one straight row. If they really were icons, they'd still have a bit of space from each other.

It is RocketDock.

@Mark if I want to add a new icon I'll just make the current ones smaller.

1-18.png

Modified mine a bit.

OK, so I edited the desktop theme and the computer has just been turned on, hence the "computer" instead of "mac" in the speech bubble. I made a new wallpaper in paint and used the Iron Man vectors by Retoucher07030 on deviantart. The widgets are Yahoo widgets and in no way they conflict with the Dashboard. The round in which the clock is captured in is KITT's speedometer from a KR wallpaper. On the right is the Quartz visualizer I previously used as my wallpaper. It still works.

Gonna edit it further.

EDIT:

1-19.png

Edited by  iProton

It is RocketDock.

@Mark if I want to add a new icon I'll just make the current ones smaller.

Oh sorry. Didn't look like you had RocketDock because I couldn't see the dock, you must of made it invisible or something. It isn't like my lightsaber one that is really easy to see.

@iProton: :o Your desktop is soo cool!

Oh sorry. Didn't look like you had RocketDock because I couldn't see the dock, you must of made it invisible or something. It isn't like my lightsaber one that is really easy to see.

Yeah, I chose the blank skin, looks better IMO.

Minor design updates. BTW, that 4-led scanner on the too works :P It's just slow, that's all.

1-20.png

BUMP...

My May 2009 desktop

MayDesktopWindows7RC.png

All of the stuff you see in my desktops are all gadgets: 1 of which is a Windows gadget, while the others are Thoosje sidebar ones. MS has finally thought of getting rid of the Vista sidebar and allow us to put gadgets to any part of the desktop without having to open a f***ing sidebar. The sidebar you see is Thoosje's.

The ones on the left are performance-monitoring gadgets. And, yes, my PC has been on for more than 49 hours now (that's more than 2 days). The system uptime includes the PC's sleep times, so I haven't really left the CPU running for that long.

I got lots on my desktop and other lots on my dashboard :P

my laptop desktop

laptopdesktop.jpg

it's from Back to the Future The Animated Series episode "Put On Your Thinking Caps Kids! It's Time For Mr. Wisdom"

I got lots on my desktop and other lots on my dashboard :P

I have tons more where that came from, too, but I like more space in my desktop, than filling it up with too many gadgets whose purpose has little importance or is for "decoration". It is a "desktop" after all -- you still need usable space.

Oftentimes, I would fill up my desktop with "sticky notes", another new feature in Windows 7. As for desktop icons, there's no need for those anymore. The Start Menu already has that nifty Desktop Search feature that works both as a built-in search engine and the old pre-Windows Vista "Run" feature to begin with.

Sticky notes? They have been around since Tiger! :mellow: And the search function in Leopard is the magnifying glass in the top right corner, sorry, but what exactly is NEW here? Except for productivity.

1-26.png

Sticky notes? They have been around since Tiger! :mellow: And the search function in Leopard is the magnifying glass in the top right corner, sorry, but what exactly is NEW here? Except for productivity.

Sticky notes is actually an old computer (personal or non-personal) thing. Stardock or some other company started the whole thing, and it's been a common thing for both Mac and PCs WAY BEFORE Tiger included it as a built-in feature so people don't need to download it or find a product that goes with it anymore to use it. I'm saying new because it's new as a Windows feature, not a new feature in general. In other words, it was never new when it came with Tiger.

Also, Windows Desktop Search was developed months BEFORE Leopard's search, a fact proven by a journal arguing about the criticisms of the WDS as a rip-off. And I'm not saying WDS is also new (it's been around since Blackcomb). Only sticky notes. Also, the only Mac rip-off so far in Windows Vista is the transparent Aero theme.

Any more stuff you think are Mac rip-offs that I can prove or debunk? :)

f_Untitled1m_ba469c2.png

Theme is Alienware's Invadere Theme. I think it matches the background image almost perfectly.

Okay here we go...

Purrint001.jpg

Edited by Luikseer

while the others are Thoosje sidebar ones.

For those who want to use the Thoosje Sidebar go here: http://www.thoosje.com/

The sidebar works for Windows XP and Windows Vista. For Windows 7 Beta, it tends to be pretty buggy so I wouldn't advise to use it. For Windows 7 RC users, try using XP mode on the sidebar to reduce the bugs (no, XP mode is not a compatibility mode, it's activating a virtual Windows XP, another new feature that goes with Win7, that can be used to use XP programs SEAMLESSLY).

Yeah, the GUI :P

Yeah, the GUI :P

Windows Aero is a possible rip-off of the Mac's theme, but many accept it's not. Anyway, Stardock, the partner of Microsoft and the one MS are getting their GUI ideas from, started the whole glass theme thing (again) sometime before Mac's transparent theme was made, so Microsoft is not to blame for the likeness of Aero to the Mac theme.

I mean the very first, 1984 GUI :P

I mean the very first, 1984 GUI :P

You mean the one that was influenced by the Xerox Alto?

Yup, that one.

It's funny actually, when Xerox let the Apple experts in, they thought they were just like Tourists, meaning not understanding it everything. Then they noticed them writing down everything, pointing something out e.t.c. Then bang - first public GUI computer. Xerox - :blink:, Gates - :D, IBM - :ranting2:, Jobs - :w00tdance:

Edited by  iProton

Yea, anyone who has seen the movie PIRATES OF SILICON VALLEY can tell you that.