:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Freddy Pharkas

The Time Traveling DeLorean in Vice City?

Hey Everyone!!!

I was messing around with the latest release last night, and I have to say I'm very impressed with the way the DeLorean effects have come along! I was just curious, would it be too much of a hassle to release a stand alone version of the Part 2 DeLorean for use with "regular" Vice City? It'd be sweet to use it to mess with during certain missions.

would it be too much of a hassle to release a stand alone version of the Part 2 DeLorean for use with "regular" Vice City?

As grim reaper already said, it'd need a lot of coding.

But it would be possible. The more features you want the more work would it be. E.g. if you'd like to have multiple timemachines of 0.2e, you'd more coding than the code from 0.2d, and for hover conversions you'd also need to copy some models.

But it wouldn't give you an advantage in the missions, wouldn't it?

Guest martin

what th- *boom* are you guys on? just enable the missions. that's it.

initially you were able to use the delorean in missions when this mod was first made.

Coding space will run out. Bugs will surface. And worse, random crashes can occur. A lot of bug testing will need to be done. It's not just a flip of a switch.

It is very hard to do. If you want it do it you're self. In fact, I've try to do it once and the game lags sooooooo bad. Even the time train lags sooooooo bad.

Hmm... I wonder, if it's hard to do with the normal missions, how do you guys expect to get 1.0 (the version that will have every BTTF mission) to work. Especially with how unstable the game is now.

I don't understand? And why is you're word is so giant?

Sorry, I'll lower the font. Well what I'm trying to say is that with all the problems you guys are having now, how are you going to be able to get the "FULL GAME" to work? Move to another GTA engine or what?

yeah? I actually don't know what martin is talking about? I think he's talking about VC'S mission with the BTTF mod together.

Edited by JohnyTheDotman

Has anyone downloaded Dragon Kings updated .exe? Just curious to know if this fixes the stability issues that some of you are experiencing.

Has anyone downloaded Dragon Kings updated .exe? Just curious to know if this fixes the stability issues that some of you are experiencing.

if we download that, our saved games become useless?

I did and it wouldn't even let me start the game. It crashed before it loaded.

Um, you were using it with the map updates though weren't you?

Try it standalone, it should work.

if we download that, our saved games become useless?

It doesn't touch the scm so no it won't affect your save games.

I didn't have any of his updates installed. I only replaced the EXE. It wouldn't start.

If you mean DK's *.exe with standard VC, it crashes for me, too.

Hmmm, strange. I just tested it on a stock copy of Vice City and DK's exe works fine. Will do some more testing, if needed I'll pull the download for that file.

you have to find tricks that the game doesn't cause to crash. fr example if you are using the timetrain, wait until the door closed, now u can switch to hover mode and start the time circuits. I don't know if it works for everyone, but it works very good for me.

All in all: wait until all animations are finished (like switching to hover mode)

Ok, well it's been tested on a fresh copy of vice city, which worked. I then installed the 0.2e auto installer, the coll update, scm update, and finally DK's exe. All works fine.

Hmmm, strange. I just tested it on a stock copy of Vice City and DK's exe works fine. Will do some more testing, if needed I'll pull the download for that file.

Strange... tested it once again and this time it works :huh: 3 more tests -> works :o:

Do I need to understand it?

if you are using the timetrain, wait until the door closed, now u can switch to hover mode and start the time circuits.

When I switch to hover mode while the door closes, the door is immediately closed and the hover conversion animations start...

When I activate the Timecircuits while any animation, it works normal (no crash, no freeze...)

In general it works nearly crashless for me :D

BtW:

Time Traveling in Liberty City:

I'm currently working on merging the stripped main.scm of GTA:LC by spaceeinstein with the one from BttF:HV.

This way I'll (hope) to have BttF:HV functions in LC (BtW: I think that blown up bridge would be a good object for the "replace corresponding to the time"-thing (blown up<->repaired), wouldn't it?).

As often I'm thinking negativ about it, 'cause my coding skills are not really good, but I hope for the best...

Another tip, try rebuilding your image archive if you are having issues running the game.

Just got Archer to try it and now his game is working with DK's exe.

Mine crash with DK's exe.

Rebuild your archive. If it still doesn't work then I can only assume you have another map mod installed.